News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

erasure fan1

So true.

If Disney used NEW UNDEVELOPED LAND or even unused areas (like the launch bay) folks would love this.
That's what is overlooked too often. People aren't complaining about monsters Inc. people have been pining for it for over a decade. There's just no reason to remove anything at this point in time to get it. Use the empty space you have, create new space, whatever you need to do. Except remove things. That's at the heart of all the complaints from D23.

ToTBellHop

Probably just waiting for one Muppet to step a single toe out of line and then…BAM! Muppets closing. Let’s hope the images from Kermit’s DUI don't resurface.

1724436759488.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's not that simple.

They can shut Muppets Today and start demolition tomorrow.

Assuming that the AC Office Building is important to operations, they have to find or build a suitable replacement location, then start moving people and equipment without disruption to operations. This takes time. It is also something that likely would have started happening already if AC was the location for MI because it is not guest facing.
I’m not an expert on what office space is available near WDW but in the places my company does business (specifically NJ and TX) commercial real estate is not hard to come by. Lots of empty office buildings. They could easily move people somewhere temporary in a matter of a month or 2 then if they wanted to build a new permanent office building move again in a year or 2 when it’s ready.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I’m not an expert on what office space is available near WDW but in the places my company does business (specifically NJ and TX) commercial real estate is not hard to come by. Lots of empty office buildings. They could easily move people somewhere temporary in a matter of a month or 2 then if they wanted to build a new permanent office building move again in a year or 2 when it’s ready.
I think it all depends on what goes on in there.

Personally I just think it’s easier for them to shut an area of the park to guests than to relocate the occupants of the office.

Another consideration is that they have consolidated back stage operations as much as they can for now without expanding. (TSL and SWGE took out a lot of backstage facilities)

mattpeto

Some of the possible reasons they haven’t announced it yet:

1. Disney hasn’t made up their mind.
2. Even though the project has been green-lit, proposal(s) are pending budget and operations approval
3. They don’t want to break our hearts yet
4. They will tie the Muppets closure with a future Muppets project

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some of the possible reasons they haven’t announced it yet:

1. Disney hasn’t made up their mind.
2. Even though the project has been green-lit, proposal(s) are pending budget and operations approval
3. They don’t want to break our hearts yet
4. They will tie the Muppets closure with a future Muppets project
Another reason could be that they picked Animation Courtyard but they have not told the workers there yet where their offices will be relocated to, possibly they don’t even know yet for sure. It would be common courtesy to tell the workers first even if is earlier the same day of an announcement.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think it all depends on what goes on in there.

Personally I just think it’s easier for them to shut an area of the park to guests than to relocate the occupants of the office.

Another consideration is that they have consolidated back stage operations as much as they can for now without expanding. (TSL and SWGE took out a lot of backstage facilities)
Sure it’s easier to close Muppets logistically but that involves closing 2 restaurants and one of the few attractions in the park without a height restriction that is relatively cheap to maintain and operate. Not to mention it’s on lightning lane, kinda useless reservation but it’s still there to pad the capacity available. Reducing capacity (even if it’s only temporary for a year or 3) in a park that desperately needs more seems like a bad business decision. I’m not saying Disney won’t do it, but if one of the main reasons why ends up being some people don’t feel like moving their office that just doesn’t add up.

RSoxNo1

may I present the empty and ready for development Galactic Starcruiser Office Park... 100 deluxe offices each with private bath await...Corporate cafeteria in place...Plenty of room for additional buildings...and would permanently move the office space out of the footprint of the park allowing for more and future development...
Complete without windows for that true office feel!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom