News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

GoofGoof

Premium Member
When the fate of muppetvision is announced
Only if they pick Animation Courtyard instead of Muppets Courtyard. If they remove Muppets the debate may get more heated….see Cars to MK thread.
But there are also rules in the forums about staying on topic for the most part.
I see no issue with discussing MI replacing Muppets on the MI land thread since that is one of the 2 possible options, but I’m not a moderator so if you think it’s in violation of the forum rules report the posts and a moderator will clean it up.

RosR9

Idk if this has been said but I have a theory there’s going to be a portion on the coaster where you “go through” a door and you’re in the snow with the abominable snowman and then you go through another day back to the factory

Professortango1

Only if they pick Animation Courtyard instead of Muppets Courtyard. If they remove Muppets the debate may get more heated….see Cars to MK thread.

I see no issue with discussing MI replacing Muppets on the MI land thread since that is one of the 2 possible options, but I’m not a moderator so if you think it’s in violation of the forum rules report the posts and a moderator will clean it up.
I just know mentioning Splash existed became grounds for permanent bans in the Tiana forums. And I've seen Mom come into many forums reminding folks to stay on topic and not discuss tangential topics.

I do think that this in depth talk about the value of Muppets should be in a forum dedicated to that as it's a legit topic, but doesn't really belong here.

Professortango1

Idk if this has been said but I have a theory there’s going to be a portion on the coaster where you “go through” a door and you’re in the snow with the abominable snowman and then you go through another day back to the factory
I'd love to see them utilize Mickey Minnie projection tech with rotating AA's where the coaster goes into a door and the scene could be one of 4 different scenes. A relatively easy way to add re-rideability and surprise.

sedati

There is a portion where it does look like we go through a door and back which could make for a great gag and a jarring change of scenery... "Welcome to they Himalayas!" or something similar.

View attachment 808529

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just know mentioning Splash existed became grounds for permanent bans in the Tiana forums. And I've seen Mom come into many forums reminding folks to stay on topic and not discuss tangential topics.

I do think that this in depth talk about the value of Muppets should be in a forum dedicated to that as it's a legit topic, but doesn't really belong here.
IMHO the main difference right now is that the biggest open question is where MI will go. I think it’s a fair topic. Once they pick a location and announce it we move on to talking about the actual layout of the land and attractions and get construction updates and stuff like that, then it will become inappropriate to discuss Muppets here and there will probably need to be a new RIP Muppets thread.…or maybe we won’t need it if they make the right decision :)

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think the response has been stronger and more persistent than they expected. And it’s based upon an internet rumor. The response has been far worse than the response to an actual announcement that RoA is closing. That seems to have caught them off guard.

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the response goes beyond the usual Disney fan sites. They kind of expect it from us - Disney fans are upset if they get rid of a popcorn cart. "My family always got popcorn from that cart on our first day. Our trips are ruined".

But the backlash to this has been in the mainstream press as well as the Hollywood trades. And that probably took them by surprise, so much so that they are now scrambling.

Professortango1

I guess I differentiate discussing upcoming projects and discussing more subjective topics like why and value.

It's like talking about should Tiana replace Splash vs talking about Taiana as a confirmed reskin and discussing that project as it stands.

So I kind of see this forum as discussing the announced project and the possibility of losing Muppets and it's that a net good/bad as another subject.

bwr827

"Old school Disney" never did anything like that so I don't know where you got that idea from other than to concoct an imaginary complaint about contemporary Disney who never do anything interesting. You're not alone in that on this board don't worry 😅

But yeah, the idea itself would be neat, the dark ride could be a chase in and out of the different doors and you'd have the coaster swoop overhead in the monster world side. Nightmare to sync for stoppages etc though so probably couldn't reliably choreograph anything.
Contemporary Disney has created the closest thing to this idea with Rise of the Resistance. It’s multiple attraction styles blended into one experience.

Disstevefan1

So do we get news tomorrow or not? What do y’all think?
My guess, after 4PM US ET announcement tomorrow -
DestroyMuppet3D.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom