Mission:Space update (confirmed)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
There are very few other things that I care about and I am dangerously close to giving up on Disney (and society and life in general.)

Giving up on Disney is a rational response given the companies current trajectory focus on the good that you have gotten from Disney and find something new.

I know i have the money that Disney USED to get from me is being spent locally now.

The custom trucks i always wanted to build well that Disney money allows me to build them now and that IFR rating I wanted to add to my pilots license is in reach now.

Its scary that that a Disney buffet meal for one is nearly the price of an hour of flight instruction. (-plane rental if you or instructor dont own)

As to life you never know what tomorrow will bring and im curious enough to always want to be around to find out.

That said dont expect my criticism of Disney to stop anytime soon because i want others to have the amazing experiences that i had in the past as well

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Why can't it be fixed?
I don't think it can't be fixed, just that Disney has given up on keeping it going. The whole thing is supported and turned by its center axis. That's a lot of weight to support and rotate. I could see how something more like a ferris wheel with the motor at the bottom was nixed over seeing tire marks along the side. This huge thing "floating" is definitely the more impressive sight.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Maybe when they get bored of this site telling everyone what's happening?
Ouch I hope Disney felt that burn. Probably didn't though since it's not money on fire.

Good point Martin! It would be a shame if the ride opened with a refreshed queue, ride video, and possibly new pre and post shows and Disney wouldn't make any announcement about it. I mean, they make hUgE announcements about dinner parties...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I mean, they make hUgE announcements about dinner parties...
No. They do not. They make blog posts. The only thing "huge" about it is when people from this site report on the blog post and then make it into a huge deal. I can't think of the last time Disney Parks actually made a huge announcement outside of a pre-scheduled event like D23. Maybe the James Cameron press conference in 2011?

trainplane3

No. They do not. They make blog posts. The only thing "huge" about it is when people from this site report on the blog post and then make it into a huge deal. I can't think of the last time Disney Parks actually made a huge announcement outside of a pre-scheduled event like D23. Maybe the James Cameron press conference in 2011?
Sorry, I meant huge sarcasticly mainly because people make a big deal about them. They never bothered me but I'm sure someone will get mad about MS getting no attention and reference it.And yes, I meant blog posts. Sorry!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Sorry, I meant huge sarcasticly mainly because people make a big deal about them. They never bothered me but I'm sure someone will get mad about MS getting no attention and reference it.And yes, I meant blog posts. Sorry!
Gotcha. I was thinking back to what it was like around here during the development of New Fantasyland. People would take leaked concept art and insider rumors as set-in-stone promises from Disney and then get all angry when Disney failed to deliver.

HMF

Don't kill yourself over a theme park ride dude
I am not planning on that. That phase of my life is (Hopefully) over. As a matter of fact other than Disney and the joke that our political system has become I am actually the most content I have been in years but thanks for the concern.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Out of curiosity, what is the probability of this (or any other for that matter) refurbishment being done by or before the date listed in the refurbishment schedule? We'll be at EPCOT on August 1st (according to the refurbishment schedule, the day it's supposed to reopen). Is the track record pretty decent for refurbishments completing by the dates listed? We'll have several other opportunities in the days after if it doesn't open on Aug 1st exactly, and we're not planning our schedule specifically for the reopening (it was more coincidental).... I'm just curious...

raymusiccity

Giving up on Disney is a rational response given the companies current trajectory focus on the good that you have gotten from Disney and find something new.

I know i have the money that Disney USED to get from me is being spent locally now.

The custom trucks i always wanted to build well that Disney money allows me to build them now and that IFR rating I wanted to add to my pilots license is in reach now.

Its scary that that a Disney buffet meal for one is nearly the price of an hour of flight instruction. (-plane rental if you or instructor dont own)

As to life you never know what tomorrow will bring and im curious enough to always want to be around to find out.

That said dont expect my criticism of Disney to stop anytime soon because i want others to have the amazing experiences that i had in the past as well

Comparing the cost of a buffet meal to plane lessons is an extreme example of 'apples to orange's'. I think a more fair comparison would be a 120 minute $20.00 IMAX movie, or $100.00 12 hour Magic Kingdom ticket?

RSoxNo1

Because of how the device is made and assembled mainly with the foundation, in order to repair it they would have to go in and disassemble part of the mountain to reach the AA and...

Hang on I'm getting my notes confused here...

Ah here it is, because of reasons. ;):p
They should probably just put a scrim over it and add bubbles. Wait, no that's not right either.

Texas84

You mean those blog posts that say "THIS EVENT IS FILLED TO CAPACITY" before you even have a chance to register?

UpAllNight

Just putting it out there but I went to Disney last month and had some of the best times I've ever had in my life, just to balance the doom and gloom about the place.

Any hints mission space is moving away from the training aspect and more an immersive 'real' mission?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom