Mine Ride Construction Update

sublimesting

Our daughter is now 3 1/2 and will be making her 3rd trip this fall and she remembers so much from every trip. As long as she is having a blast we do everything with her regardless if she will remember it or not. We're so happy that she fit right into the Disney lifestyle. She rides everything she can, watches fireworks etc.

Victor Kelly

Wow, we're getting off topic, but while we are there...I remember being left behind in MA with an aunt, while my older brother went to WDW back in 1973 (I was 3 at the time). He came back bragging about making Dumbo go up and down and talking about the scary Haunted Mansion. They did give me a book which talked about the soon to open Pirates of the Carribean ride...I still have that someplace...wonder how much I could get on Ebay for that? Didn't actually make it the WDW myself until 1979, before BTMRR opened. Still have vivid memories of that trip...miss listening to that AM station as you drive towards the MK.

Amen I miss that AM station too!:( I remember the spot where Big Thunder now stands being empty. And I remember the old Victorian style Train Station that used to sit to the south of where Splash now stands. I enjoy the memories, pictures and I miss the music and sounds.

djkidkaz

Any new updates!? pictures!!

Just got back from the MK 30 min ago and there is nothing new. All the same walls are still up and there still working on the stores across from mermaid. If you really want pics to look at, check out website damouse, they just recently did an update and it all looks the same as that.

ctxak98

Just got back from the MK 30 min ago and there is nothing new. All the same walls are still up and there still working on the stores across from mermaid. If you really want pics to look at, check out website damouse, they just recently did an update and it all looks the same as that.
THANKS!

msteel

Although those pictures are from before the track was completed.

Shere_Khan

This might have been asked and/or covered but I didn't want to read through all 36 pages.
When is this supposed to be completed and approx opening?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh thank you!
We are going in December this year. Was just hoping maybe....but prob just as well. I'm looking forward to hopefully lower crowds in FL then we experienced in March.

Depends on when you are going in Dec. First 2 - 3 weeks of the month...you should be ok. Stay away from Christmas Break if crowds are a concern!

Shere_Khan

Yes we are going Dec 2-8. Touring plans had it at mostly 2s and 3s.
Fantasyland was a zoo in early March. I want a chance to look around more with lower crowds.

raymusiccity

I have been there 40 times starting at age 6 months. I can remember a lot of stuff. The ticket books and the booths to buy them at. I remember when the monorails had all seats and no standing, when POTC was not PC, COP being packed, the original star jets, If you had Wings, King Stefan's Banquet Hall, Penny arcade, etc Oh and MK the only park that existed.

Just a short comment that 'back in the day' there was a ticket booth for the monorail. It was located to the left of the escalator to the monorail station at the Contmporary Hotel.

Tom

Beta Return
Just a short comment that 'back in the day' there was a ticket booth for the monorail. It was located to the left of the escalator to the monorail station at the Contmporary Hotel.

Were they one of the lettered tickets or standalone? I always thought it was free, since you were forced to take it or a boat to get to the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom