Mine Ride Construction Update

doctornick

Well, for the record, I started taking my kid when she was 5, and she remembered things when we went back a year later. My kid was 7 last year, and she had a ton of memories, including (and this I found the most amusing) gripes about "Lost Disney"...things they had changed since her last visit.

She certainly remembers the trips, and has a shrine in both her rooms, at her Mom's house and mine, to the parks with penny collections, autograph books, pictures with princesses, lanyards, etc...etc...etc...

I remember vague things from my first trip when I was 4.

Yeah, similar to my experiences. I can remember the watching the Electric Light Parade and crying to go on Space Mountain (they let me on!) when I was a little older than 3.

And my children.... well, my oldest is about 5 and half right now and he can remember specific details about when we went to WDW at age 3.5 and to DLR at 4.5 years old. Yesterday, we were looking at a picture of us from the Pirate's League and talked about how my eyes were blue when they were closed and that I had a bug on my nose (I did the Jack Sparrow multi-eye look and my eyes are actually brown).

I think people without children might not realize how much they remember at a young age. From my experience, children definitely start permanently remembering stuff around ages 3-4 years old.

phi2134

I wish that they would kick the construction into overdrive so that we could preview the ride when we're there in Dec.

I was just thinking about this timeframe today. Track may be done, but i feel like the rock work and queue line won't be done until January and then comes all the pretty stuff. If the queue is anything like little mermaid, they are going to be doing a lot of work on the front part of it hasn't even been started yet. Just my thoughts

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I was just thinking about this timeframe today. Track may be done, but i feel like the rock work and queue line won't be done until January and then comes all the pretty stuff. If the queue is anything like little mermaid, they are going to be doing a lot of work on the front part of it hasn't even been started yet. Just my thoughts

I'm not holding my breath that it will be done by Dec to a point where they would start limited previews. You'd think that they'd want it ready for the holidays but as all of the "experts" have said many times, it won't be ready till some time in '14.

phi2134

I'm not holding my breath that it will be done by Dec to a point where they would start limited previews. You'd think that they'd want it ready for the holidays but as all of the "experts" have said many times, it won't be ready till some time in '14.
A little jealous that you will be there then, I would be hoping to see a mountain with a lot of the walls down even if they are still doing work

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
A little jealous that you will be there then, I would be hoping to see a mountain with a lot of the walls down even if they are still doing work

My guess is that most of the exterior work will be done by early Dec (when we'll be there) and they'll be doing all of the interior stuff. At least we should be able to get some nice pics of what it will look like from the outside.

phi2134

This got me thinking, what percentage of guests (and not just talking Disney Obsessed People) actually know they are building the mine train right now? I know it has been released to the public in press releases and some in the marketing videos. But when it comes to the average day person who goes to Disney once every 3-4 years, they probably have no idea that this is being built and therefore have no idea how long it has been taking them to build it. We all follow the daily progress at WDW, but I can see a lot of people coming to the parks and saying "Wow, look at what they built so quickly" and "This place has changed so much in the past few years".

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Well, for the record, I started taking my kid when she was 5, and she remembered things when we went back a year later. My kid was 7 last year, and she had a ton of memories, including (and this I found the most amusing) gripes about "Lost Disney"...things they had changed since her last visit.

She certainly remembers the trips, and has a shrine in both her rooms, at her Mom's house and mine, to the parks with penny collections, autograph books, pictures with princesses, lanyards, etc...etc...etc...

I remember vague things from my first trip when I was 4.

My DD was 2 months shy of 3 when we took her to WDW it's been over a year since the trip and every once and a while she pops out with some memory of the trip that surprises me. Just yesterday we were talking about Dinosaur since she is over 40 inches and into dinos recently. Then she says to me "They have a dinosaur carousel at Disney World". I told her they didn't. She said "Yes they do. You sit inside the dinosaur and go around and up and down." She was talking about Triceratops Spin. A ride we don't have any pictures or video of since she didn't want to ride on it on our last trip. I was shocked she remembers it.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
The comments made me lol. I wonder if "Awesome! I've never heard of a kiddie coaster taking this long to build!" would get edited out. I think the "awesome" and multiple exclamation points would give it a chance to slip by the censors.

You know, it's been a while since I've had a comment "moderated" away on the DPB. Of course, I also really haven't been frequenting that site much lately either, so I guess that might be why. Maybe I should see if I can snark something by their admins.

Tom

Beta Return
This got me thinking, what percentage of guests (and not just talking Disney Obsessed People) actually know they are building the mine train right now? I know it has been released to the public in press releases and some in the marketing videos. But when it comes to the average day person who goes to Disney once every 3-4 years, they probably have no idea that this is being built and therefore have no idea how long it has been taking them to build it. We all follow the daily progress at WDW, but I can see a lot of people coming to the parks and saying "Wow, look at what they built so quickly" and "This place has changed so much in the past few years".

Yeah, for the vast majority of guests, that's the case. They book a trip, go, and are simply overwhelmed when they arrive.

Disney knows us diehards are still just a blip in their attendance, so they don't have to overachieve because 95% of the guests will continue to be amazed, with little effort on Disney's part.

DizFiz

Well this is way overdue... I can't wait to see what happens over next the few months in regards the mountain facade being completed.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You know, it's been a while since I've had a comment "moderated" away on the DPB. Of course, I also really haven't been frequenting that site much lately either, so I guess that might be why. Maybe I should see if I can snark something by their admins.
I've NEVER had a comment that made it onto the blog. And I've even posted some pretty benign remarks that got censored.

I'm just not sugary enough for them.

WishIwasThere

I have been there 40 times starting at age 6 months. I can remember a lot of stuff. The ticket books and the booths to buy them at. I remember when the monorails had all seats and no standing, when POTC was not PC, COP being packed, the original star jets, If you had Wings, King Stefan's Banquet Hall, Penny arcade, etc Oh and MK the only park that existed.

Wow, we're getting off topic, but while we are there...I remember being left behind in MA with an aunt, while my older brother went to WDW back in 1973 (I was 3 at the time). He came back bragging about making Dumbo go up and down and talking about the scary Haunted Mansion. They did give me a book which talked about the soon to open Pirates of the Carribean ride...I still have that someplace...wonder how much I could get on Ebay for that? Didn't actually make it the WDW myself until 1979, before BTMRR opened. Still have vivid memories of that trip...miss listening to that AM station as you drive towards the MK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom