Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

ZapperZ

Our whole family is already working on costumes...
My question is, do alot of adults dress up? We always dress up, and would hate to be the only ones...

I would say about half of the adults dress up, so no, you won't be the only one.

I dressed as a chef last year, with Remy peaking out from the front pouch of my apron. :)

Zz.

bgraham34

I really enjoyed the Halloween Party. I like the Christmas Party better just because I love Christmas time. But I must say the Fireworks and parade and top notch.

No weapons of any kind are allowed... I cosplayed as Link in 2005 and I could only bring in the holder where the sword would be..This year (Oct 2nd) I'll be Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2 Sans the Keyblade & spikey hairdo...Yep were all doomed from the darkness for sure...:lol:

They may stop adults from all weapons... but they allow kids to carry all maner of plastic swords (just ask my wife she got whacked in the head by a 12 year old swinging away at another.... so if you really want to carry your plastic blade just have your kid take it in and then give it to you once you get in the park.

adrianuk91

Our whole family is already working on costumes...
My question is, do alot of adults dress up? We always dress up, and would hate to be the only ones...

when we went back in 2002 we felt like the odd ones out as we had not dressed up so we all bought a hat of sum sort to get into the spirit a bit more, i hope it is still just as good this year (booked tickets for the 31st woo! cant wait) as it was then. also i seem to remeber the trick or treating man at one of the stations in fronteirland refused to hand anyone sweets instead he insisted on throwing them into you bags from about 15 ft away lol:lol:. that was the best night ever and considering we don't celebrate halloween we really got into the spirit of it all

LuxeMama

I am so excited about this! I was really considering it, but only questioned it because of the extra price ontop of our day hopper tickets. We have only had one halloween together as a family, and since we won't be together for this one this year, it gives us some perks. We've been dying to go as the Incredibles since we now have all the characters!

a2grafix

I went to WDW for the first time in 14 years in October 2007 and had a blast during Halloween time. I even took in a night at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary and, although it rained off and on for part of the evening, the rains let up and had a great time.

For those of you deciding, here's some images from the Oct. 21 party (plus a few extra after) from the Magic Kingdom.

Unfortuantely I am not going this year, but if I had the chance, I would go in October in a heartbeat.

notsoscarybanner.jpg

trainstation2.jpg

trainstation3.jpg

trainstation.jpg

lamppost.jpg

streetbanner.jpg

mickeyghost.jpg

hallowishes2.jpg

hallowishes4.jpg

hauntedmansion2.jpg

a2grafix

And ... one more for good measure. I think it sums it up nicely for those on the fence about going at Halloween and taking in a not so scary party. ...

seeyourealsoon.jpg

sublimesting

I went to WDW for the first time in 14 years in October 2007 and had a blast during Halloween time. I even took in a night at the Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Not So Scary and, although it rained off and on for part of the evening, the rains let up and had a great time.

For those of you deciding, here's some images from the Oct. 21 party (plus a few extra after) from the Magic Kingdom.

Unfortuantely I am not going this year, but if I had the chance, I would go in October in a heartbeat.

notsoscarybanner.jpg

trainstation2.jpg

trainstation3.jpg

trainstation.jpg

lamppost.jpg

streetbanner.jpg

mickeyghost.jpg

hallowishes2.jpg

hallowishes4.jpg

hauntedmansion2.jpg

Might I enquire as to what camera you have?

a2grafix

Originally Posted by sublimesting
Might I enquire as to what camera you have?

I have a FujiFilm FinePix 4.1 megapixel. It's my first digital camera and I purchased it about a month before my October 2007 vacation. Originally priced $200-$300, I got it for $89. plus $1 shipping from Overstock.com.

Unfortunately it's not listed anymore.

I have to tell you, I didn't know how to work the camera the first night I used it, which was the not so scary halloween party. I do now! But for that first night I kept the viewfinder on and it sucked up all the battery juice after a few hours that night.

The pix turned out okay as you can see ^ ^ ^ ^ above. I went back to the Shades of Green after the halloween party and ran through all the settings. I stopped the flash, turned off the digital viewfinder, and it worked perfectly the rest of the time.

It's not the top of the line camera, but it will do, and has done for about a year. I'm glad I caught up with the rest of you all!

And as you can see, the pix turned out pretty cool.

tower3.jpg

jestergoofy.jpg

mastergracey.jpg

mainstreetday.jpg

WildLodgeFan

But you can buy just the ticket for MNSSHP and not go to any parks that day, but use that to get into the MK starting around 4 or 5. I wish I would have known, I would have saved that day pass I used before we went to the party.

quote]

Yes, my nerdiness finally paid off. By living on these Disney Fan boards, I learned about entry at 4:00 and so we were able to save a bit on our vacation, because we plan to do blizzard beach in the morning and then do Magic Kingdom in the evening. Thanks to all that share their wealth of info. I am very much looking forward to our first MNSSHP!

DisneyGigi

Great pictures! Thanks for posting. This will be our first trip to MNSSHP. I have always wanted to go but it never started until after our September trip was over. Since it is early this year we get to go! We thought about doing elaborate costumes but we won't have time to change because of ADRs.
I wonder how crowded the first night will be (the only night we can go) I was hoping with the Night of Joy at DHS it may not be so bad til I read Zapper's post? :lookaroun

WildLodgeFan

Kind of off subject but has anyone heard of anything new this year for the Halloween Party?

I was hoping for something new, but I think I seen on a different thread that there wasn't going to be anything new this year. Can any of our wonderful online CM's provide any insight. I'm getting excited - we are under 100 days now!

WildLodgeFan

Has anyone here decided what they're going to dress up for MNSSHP this year?

We are just wearing Halloween T-shirts in our group - though my daughter and ehr best friend that we are bringing along with us are going to wear light-up devil horns that we bought at our local amusement park (WOF) last year. I'm thinking of either wearing my pirate mickey ears or picking up (I've heard rumors of this) a pair of pumpkin ears if they are available.

We do lots of Halloween activities in the Fall, but have found halloween tees make it easier to get around, but keep us in the spirit. Though the son is really indy crazy and my in-laws bought him a costume, so he might decide to wear that. :animwink:

Bug715

We are just wearing Halloween T-shirts in our group - though my daughter and ehr best friend that we are bringing along with us are going to wear light-up devil horns that we bought at our local amusement park (WOF) last year. I'm thinking of either wearing my pirate mickey ears or picking up (I've heard rumors of this) a pair of pumpkin ears if they are available.

We do lots of Halloween activities in the Fall, but have found halloween tees make it easier to get around, but keep us in the spirit. Though the son is really indy crazy and my in-laws bought him a costume, so he might decide to wear that. :animwink:

I'm hoping you're going to an early party if you want those ears. They sold out fast last year.

I heard that there won't be any changes to the parade. Which I don't mind because I LOVED it last year. All 25 times I saw it.

My friend and I are going down this year (we got sorta hooked after working them on our CP last year) and we're dressing up in 80s outfits with a disney flair to them. I'm trying to decide what shoes to wear. I have 80s heels but I don't really want to wear heels to the park.

kybred72

MNSSHP is a blast!

Highly recommend paying seperarte admission for it. Lots of candy, fab decor and parade and I love seeing all the costumes!

We weren't that creative... DD was Ariel, DH was her Prince Eric and I was just Snow White. As I walking to get a drink, some kids leaving the park saw me and asked for my autograph and wanted to take my pic. i whispered to the parents, I'm not the real Snow White, I'm here for the party ... they didn't seem to care, their kids were happy.

I felt like a true princess :D

Raychul

I am going to WDW in September as well, can someone please give me some info this Mickey's No-So Scary Halloween Party?

I have always gone in May and so this event was never even an opinion for me. How can I get more info, such as...what exactly is it, where is it, what times usually, what days, is it fun for just 2 adults, what do you mean "full reign of MK" and so forth. I am very interested in possibly attending!!

Any ifno would be a great help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom