Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

RiversideBunny

I am going to WDW in September as well, can someone please give me some info this Mickey's No-So Scary Halloween Party?
Any ifno would be a great help!

There's an item under Refurb, Hours, Events at the top of this web site.
Here's a link to it.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1741&day=&c=3

It's a hard ticket event at night in the Magic Kingdom which features a special parade, led off by the Headless Horseman. Adults and kids really like it. A lot of people dress in costumes.

:)

BensMum

I am so jealous of anyone going to MNSSHP this year. We went for the first time last year on 31 October. It was excellent, and not as busy as we thought it might be. The atmosphere was great. The whole family dressed up, I was Princess Leia, hubby was Obi Wan and Ben was Darth Vadar. Anyone thinking about going - don't think, just do it. I guarantee we'll be there for Halloween night in 2009 - already saving up. If you're from the UK and after tickets, as someone said earlier, ring the Disney US number. They are so helpful and the call doesn't cost that much. When I checked on-line it said the tickets for 31st Oct had sold out, but I rang anyway on the off-chance. Guess what, 2 days later the tickets landed on my door mat. Unbelievable customer service. Highlight of the night for me was the Headless Horseman and Hallowishes. I WANNA GO AGAIN!!

WildLodgeFan

I'm hoping you're going to an early party if you want those ears. They sold out fast last year.

I heard that there won't be any changes to the parade. Which I don't mind because I LOVED it last year. All 25 times I saw it.

My friend and I are going down this year (we got sorta hooked after working them on our CP last year) and we're dressing up in 80s outfits with a disney flair to them. I'm trying to decide what shoes to wear. I have 80s heels but I don't really want to wear heels to the park.

Going on 9/26 - so hopefully that's early enough. If not, I'm sure I'll find some other crazy hat I will love to wear. :D

WildLodgeFan

MNSSHP is a blast!

Highly recommend paying seperarte admission for it. Lots of candy, fab decor and parade and I love seeing all the costumes!

We weren't that creative... DD was Ariel, DH was her Prince Eric and I was just Snow White. As I walking to get a drink, some kids leaving the park saw me and asked for my autograph and wanted to take my pic. i whispered to the parents, I'm not the real Snow White, I'm here for the party ... they didn't seem to care, their kids were happy.

I felt like a true princess :D

Ahh, what a magical moment!

maleficent87

I am going to WDW in September as well, can someone please give me some info this Mickey's No-So Scary Halloween Party?

I have always gone in May and so this event was never even an opinion for me. How can I get more info, such as...what exactly is it, where is it, what times usually, what days, is it fun for just 2 adults, what do you mean "full reign of MK" and so forth. I am very interested in possibly attending!!

Any ifno would be a great help!

DH & I went last Sept. to MNSSHP fo the 1st time..(child is in college) we had a blast! We rode what we want w/no lines. The parade & shows were great. We got our wrist bands at 4pm & then went to the Poly & relaxed, got something to eat & enjoyed the scenery for a while. We went back to MK about 6:45 & enjoyed every minute of it. It is what you make of it....even though there are crowds just put them out of your mind & just enjoy the moment & where you are. :sohappy:

JoeH

Mnsshp

We love the party, this will be DD8's 7th trip, we didn't know about it our first trip in 2002 but we've been going since 2003 except when we went in Dec for and went to MVMCP, but we love Oct. DD has dressed up as princesses some years, others she has Grandma make her and DW costumes. I was Goofy one year and lets just say Goofy had a blast with me at the LTT for dinner. Last year it was too hot so I wore my MNSSHP t-shirt from 2006 it was funny most of the CM's said they never saw that one I told them it was from last year, they liked it better than the 2007 shirts (so did I). We're planning on going Oct 28 and Oct 31, the first night we'll concentrate on rides then on Halloween we'll do the trick or treating and shows. Right now DD wants to be Hannah Montana for one of the parties and not sure yet on the other one. Leaving Goofy home this year, with airlines charging for extra bags we don't have the space.

Can't wait for Oct 26th to get here!

Joe

WildLodgeFan

Just booked my tickets for Sept. 19th and a dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern before the party starts.:sohappy:

Lucky you - I wasn't able to secure a dining time at LTT for the evening we are going. I can tell you if you haven't eaten there before, you will nejoy the meal. We are there on the 4th of July in 2004 and had a wonderful time.

adrianuk91

This year it will be our 2nd and 3rd time going to MNSSHP on the 21st Oct abd the 31st Oct. The last time we went in '02 we had that many sweets between my Mum, Dad and Sister and me we ended up leaving some at a the villa for whoever was there after us to enjoy as we hadn't got any room in the cases to bring the remainder home of what we hadn't eaten.

WildLodgeFan

This year it will be our 2nd and 3rd time going to MNSSHP on the 21st Oct abd the 31st Oct. The last time we went in '02 we had that many sweets between my Mum, Dad and Sister and me we ended up leaving some at a the villa for whoever was there after us to enjoy as we hadn't got any room in the cases to bring the remainder home of what we hadn't eaten.

Yum - the best part is I can trick or treat and not feel awful for raiding the kid's goodies. :ROFLOL:I hear they have great treats!

maryszhi

I am so jealous of anyone going to MNSSHP this year. We went for the first time last year on 31 October. It was excellent, and not as busy as we thought it might be. The atmosphere was great. The whole family dressed up, I was Princess Leia, hubby was Obi Wan and Ben was Darth Vadar. Anyone thinking about going - don't think, just do it. I guarantee we'll be there for Halloween night in 2009 - already saving up. If you're from the UK and after tickets, as someone said earlier, ring the Disney US number. They are so helpful and the call doesn't cost that much. When I checked on-line it said the tickets for 31st Oct had sold out, but I rang anyway on the off-chance. Guess what, 2 days later the tickets landed on my door mat. Unbelievable customer service. Highlight of the night for me was the Headless Horseman and Hallowishes. I WANNA GO AGAIN!!
the headless horseman scared me and my cousins. my parents thought it was funny

a2grafix

a2Grafix, I LOVE that shot of the Haunted Mansion. That is a beautiful picture.

Thanks! I had fun, but had to stand up and lean into the rail to get the picture. I wish, though, I focused on the rose. Another thing, I stayed at the Shades of Green, and including the night that I attended Mickey's party, the party went on two additional nights during my week-long stay. The best thing though was after spending three nights at the Adventurer's Club I would arrive home after 2am. I could still hear the "haunted" music and howling dog sound effects from the Magic Kingdom as it bounced over the water while I was walking back from the Polynesian to Shades. Perfect ending.

Here is one more, the Haunted Mansion all decked out for the party!

hauntedmansion.jpg

Green Lantern

Another great Mansion photo!

I loved when the Headless Horseman galloped down the street. It was without a doubt one of the all time coolest things I have ever seen in Disney World.

Has anyone here decided what they're going to dress up for MNSSHP this year?

We've been sewing since we got back from the Pirate Party. Hubby's going to be Jack Sparrow, I'm going as Elizabeth Swann (in the pirate garb from movie 2) the older son is going as Will Turner and the younger one is a Skeleton Pirate.
Should be fun :)

disneymyway

I was wondering how many of you choose non-Disney characters costumes. I have an idea for one that I think would be a lot of fun, but do you think it's frowned upon?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom