Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween

raven

I was wondering how many of you choose non-Disney characters costumes. I have an idea for one that I think would be a lot of fun, but do you think it's frowned upon?

We have been non-Disney characters before. 2 years ago I saw a guy dressed as a banana!

No one is going to care who you dress up as. Just have fun! :wave:

cndrellagrl

My family went in 2005 and had a blast! The decorations, performance at Cinderella's castle, candy, characters, no lines - it doesn't get much better than that! You should definitely go.
Funny story - while at the party, we had all dressed up and my boyfriend and I went as Cinderella and prince charming. My very large family were all taking pictures of us on the steps when you first enter the park and kids starting lining up to get our autographs and pictures. It was quit funny :lol:.

cndrellagrl

MNSSHP is a blast!

Highly recommend paying seperarte admission for it. Lots of candy, fab decor and parade and I love seeing all the costumes!

We weren't that creative... DD was Ariel, DH was her Prince Eric and I was just Snow White. As I walking to get a drink, some kids leaving the park saw me and asked for my autograph and wanted to take my pic. i whispered to the parents, I'm not the real Snow White, I'm here for the party ... they didn't seem to care, their kids were happy.

I felt like a true princess :D

Just read your post after sharing my experience! Hehe! Feeling like a real princess was truly awesome!

mad_mark

I've just realised this is going to be happening when we are there for two weeks at the end of September, cannot wait. One question, can you buy the tickets on the day or from the Disney resort hotel a few days before?

stevediesel

I will be @ MNSSHP Sept. 19th. who else in attending that night?
I'm thinking of going as a Karate guy. Does Disney leave up the Halloween decorations during the non-MNSSHP times, or do they just put them up the day of?

Dragonrider1227

Dont believe what you hear about low crowds, we went in September last year and it was packed!!! waaaay busier than in the day, it was the busiest we'd seen in in the 3 weeks we were there.
But we went in October and while it was a little crowded, all the rides were under 5 minute waits. Except for Peter Pan. That was Ten

WildLodgeFan

I've just realised this is going to be happening when we are there for two weeks at the end of September, cannot wait. One question, can you buy the tickets on the day or from the Disney resort hotel a few days before?

You can purchase the tickets on-site if they are still available. It's a limited ticket event (that's so they can keep those lines down!), so beware that the night of interest may be sold out - but in September, I'm betting you have a better chance then say at the end of October.

Turcicus

I was wondering how many of you choose non-Disney characters costumes. I have an idea for one that I think would be a lot of fun, but do you think it's frowned upon?

I'm going as Ben from the show Ben 10. Yes I'm a grown man, but I love the cartoon! My wife thinks I'm nuts. :shrug::ROFLOL:

Does Disney leave up the Halloween decorations during the non-MNSSHP times, or do they just put them up the day of?

The decorations stay up on normal non-party days. And they have to - they're pretty extensive!

WildLodgeFan

I'm going as Ben from the show Ben 10. Yes I'm a grown man, but I love the cartoon! My wife thinks I'm nuts. :shrug::ROFLOL:

The decorations stay up on normal non-party days. And they have to - they're pretty extensive!

So do you have 10 costume changes for all those aliens. :lol:

Uponastar

I just got done ordering our MNSSHP tickets for Tuesday, October 21st.
Yay!
We love the party and always have a great time...even when it's crowded.
It's a fun crowd...the mood is different and the parade and fireworks are great!

adrianuk91

I just got done ordering our MNSSHP tickets for Tuesday, October 21st.
Yay!
We love the party and always have a great time...even when it's crowded.
It's a fun crowd...the mood is different and the parade and fireworks are great!

Snap! We're going on that night too and on the 31st. I was thinking about going as Indiana Jones but I'm in two minds now.

Uponastar

Snap! We're going on that night too and on the 31st. I was thinking about going as Indiana Jones but I'm in two minds now.

Yay!
We (there will be 6 of us) are not planning on going in costume, but that could change. At any rate, I always wear a copy of my avatar on a lanyard so that Magicers might recognize me (hasn't happened yet) :lol: but keep an eye opened.

Turcicus

So do you have 10 costume changes for all those aliens. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: It was easy, actually- a white shirt with a black stripe, some green cargo pants (that I already had anyway), and a cheap Omnitrix I found at Toys R Us - all done! I originally wasn't going to dress up at all because I can never think of anything good and simple. But this was too easy to pass up. And I won't be wearing anything that gets in the way of riding rides!!

WildLodgeFan

:lol::lol::lol: It was easy, actually- a white shirt with a black stripe, some green cargo pants (that I already had anyway), and a cheap Omnitrix I found at Toys R Us - all done! I originally wasn't going to dress up at all because I can never think of anything good and simple. But this was too easy to pass up. And I won't be wearing anything that gets in the way of riding rides!!

Figured you would get a laugh. Good idea though. That's why I'm wearing a halloween tee vs. costume - I have a huge wig I'm wearing with my costume this year (a ghost) and I figured it would be a hassle on rides and I do want to enjoy the shorter lines! :)

maryszhi

awesome. i love all the parties at magic. i think youll have fun. be sure to dress up!!!! when we go im a princesses, or hannah montana:lookaroun

adrianuk91

Yay!
We (there will be 6 of us) are not planning on going in costume, but that could change. At any rate, I always wear a copy of my avatar on a lanyard so that Magicers might recognize me (hasn't happened yet) :lol: but keep an eye opened.

I will try and remeber to keep an eye out for you. Its will just be me my mum and my dad going. I can't decide between indiana jones or wearing my 2002 MNSSHP t-shirt I'll probs wear my MNSSHP on the first night then dress us for the 31st. We could always meet up to say hello and stuff. It is going to be weird going to wdw without my sister there but hopefully that won't spoil it too much anyway I'll stop rambling on now lol.

Uponastar

I will try and remeber to keep an eye out for you. Its will just be me my mum and my dad going. I can't decide between indiana jones or wearing my 2002 MNSSHP t-shirt I'll probs wear my MNSSHP on the first night then dress us for the 31st. We could always meet up to say hello and stuff. It is going to be weird going to wdw without my sister there but hopefully that won't spoil it too much anyway I'll stop rambling on now lol.

Ramble away! :D
You're going twice! And on Halloween itself, too!
Lucky you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom