MiceAge on the latest news regarding MyMagic+ : Read it and weep.

FrankLapidus

Except it would have been called the Michael Eisner company - not twdc

His ego and dictatorship would have continued to run out talent

I'm not so sure that that would have happened had Frank Wells not passed away, Wells was someone who Eisner really respected and saw as an equal. Once he was gone Eisner's paranoia set in and he listened too closely to the cronies who would have happily stabbed each other in the back to try and take Well's place. No question that Eisner always had an ego but it was kept pretty well in check when Frank Wells was alive, the structure at the company then worked very well. With Wells gone the ego ran wild and we all know how it ended. We'll never know what would have happened had he not died but Wells' loss was a turning point for the company and for Eisner.

janoimagine

I'm not so sure that that would have happened had Frank Wells not passed away, Wells was someone who Eisner really respected and saw as an equal. Once he was gone Eisner's paranoia set in and he listened too closely to the cronies who would have happily stabbed each other in the back to try and take Well's place. No question that Eisner always had an ego but it was kept pretty well in check when Frank Wells was alive, the structure at the company then worked very well. With Wells gone the ego ran wild and we all know how it ended. We'll never know what would have happened had he not died but Wells' loss was a turning point for the company and for Eisner.

You would think Disney would look for other successfull teams ... as opposed to giving the majority of the power to one individual (Iger). Even though we all know Jobs ran Apple, he had good people along side of him like Ives and Cook, and together they challenged one another and we benefited as a result. I think Roy and Walt did that, granted they were siblings, but Eisner and Wells also had that kinship. I would love to see a good creative team take the lead once again.

FrankLapidus

You would think Disney would look for other successfull teams ... as opposed to giving the majority of the power to one individual (Iger). Even though we all know Jobs ran Apple, he had good people along side of him like Ives and Cook, and together they challenged one another and we benefited as a result. I think Roy and Walt did that, granted they were siblings, but Eisner and Wells also had that kinship. I would love to see a good creative team take the lead once again.

Absolutely, its all about finding the right people to make those kinds of partnerships.

nor'easter

Oh yes, and I am being accused of creating a CM conspiracy. Sorry that is the thread I happen to be commenting on and something I want to discuss.

Glad you like your pretty wrist band and the ability to schedule your atractions months in advance between bathroom breaks.

But the question that started this thread is the shelving of new attractions because of the NextGen egregious overspend. Do you love it THAT much?

John

And nothing says it will stay as you perceive it either. As I noted before, what happens when the bands are de riguer for AP holders. Your complaint will be moot.

No your theories are incorrect. You are missing something in the equation entirely. The only guest using the FP+ system are guest staying at the resorts. When ALL guest are privy to the sytem one can only think that what ever the situation is today. It will get severely worse before it gets better. Will it get better? No one here knows.....not even you.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
No your theories are incorrect. You are missing something in the equation entirely. The only guest using the FP+ system are guest staying at the resorts. When ALL guest are privy to the sytem one can only think that what ever the situation is today. It will get severely worse before it gets better. Will it get better? No one here knows.....not even you.

I think I've mentioned my time machine multiple times. For a fee, I can tell you what will happen or at least weigh in on the veracity of the Mice Age article. First, you'll have to sign my NDA.

WDWDad13

I don't think so ... but you have to admit, the timing is a little ... curious.

Ok so no one not a Disney employee can become a new member of this site and enter a discussion with an opposing view (pro Disney)?

After seeing the majority of the discussions though I can certainly see how anyone pro Disney or doesn't get turned on by Harry Potter is definitely in the minority around here

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Any chance we can ban Jimmy? He's been a troll for far too long on here.

Strongly disagree. He's got a different perspective and he's funny. Every poster on here who has an opinion has a group that wants them banned. I'm against all of it. I should note, I think MM+ was pretty dumb. Further, it has a very bloated budget that will almost certainly lead to attraction cut backs. I also disagree with Jimmy's assertion that AC, AE, etc. were wastes of space or that there hasn't been any cuts to entertainment in either quantity or quality. Still, he hasn't done anything to be banned. Besides, his assertion that you can't prove it is a WDW monorail made me guffaw.

The Empress Lilly

I think I've mentioned my time machine multiple times. For a fee, I can tell you what will happen or at least weigh in on the veracity of the Mice Age article. First, you'll have to sign my NDA.
I've just returned from my time travel in the future. The results are that the MiceAge is completely off the mark, that the market for Disney books will explode, and that when you come home in April I didn't seduce your wife I was really just trying to fix the plumbing in your bedroom closet and was naked so my clothes wouldn't get soaked in case of failure.

WDWDad13

I've just returned from my time travel in the future. The results are that the MiceAge is completely off the mark, that the market for Disney books will explode, and that when you come home in April I didn't seduce your wife I was really just trying to fix the plumbing in your bedroom closet and was naked so my clothes wouldn't get soaked in case of failure.

LOL - wow. Sounds like you've really thought the plumbing business through haha

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
TWDC? What is that again?

TWDC - The Walt Disney Company
TDO - Team Disney Orlando
TDA - Team Disney Anaheim
The Weatherman - Beautiful Bob Iger
DL - Disneyland (Anaheim)
OLC - Oriental Land Company (Operates Tokyo Disney Sea)
HKDL - Hong Kong Disneyland
SDL - Shanghai Disneyland
WDW - Walt Disney World (Orlando)
WDI - Walt Disney Imagineering AKA (TDI Team Disney Imagineering)

Admiral01

Premium Member
Take away FP+ ... and the bands don't actually suck.

Keep the bands; junk FP+ and its required uber-planning; build some new attractions; bring back unique, gotta have it merchandise ... and you will have increased guest satisfaction, higher turnstile numbers and enhanced merch. sales.

C'mom people, it's not rocket science. It's Roller Coaster/Theme Park Tycoon 101. So simple, an 8 year old can do it!

One problem I have with the bands (one of many) is that I don't want to carry them around. I keep my AP in my work bag, so that if I have a last minute trip the AP is already in my bag. Compared to a flat piece of plastic, this wristband is bulky, and I don't carry it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom