Mermaid Lagoon Coming to MK!!!?????

Pongo

Well, I think this is pretty cool. A step in the right direction, I say.

It seems like WDI has really been taking advantage of their ocean-themed features lately, haven't they?

matthope03

It definately sounds like October is going to have some big announcements. I'm guessing that the project for the Magic Kingdom will be announced along with the project that will replace Millionaire at the Studios. I am going to guess that these will be the only projects since it is anticipated that both of these projects will be major E-tickets.

Shaman

Ok now correct me if i'm wrong Lee. The way I have heard it is that Disney is looking to pick 1 of 4 e-tickets to build at 1 of 4 expansion pads in Magic Kingdom. Supposedly the 4 pads are:

Tomorrowland - Around COP (This is the Incredibles attraction)

Adventureland - Somewhere by Pirates

Fantasyland - Old 20k site

?????? - Never heard what the 4th. expansion pad was

Am I correct?

4th one is probably a different location in the same land...I'm thinking somewhere in either Tomorrowland or Adventureland. But I don't have fancy inside info...lol

I think Adventureland could use an eticket the most...it would help even out the crowds a bit...

Will this e-ticket be announced this year or next year? Or the year after that? :lookaroun

They need to do a major reworking of the old Tom Sawyer (SP?) Island and theme it to something new. It was fun to go out too but its a bad place to be with a bunch of hormone raging teenagers running around.

Chape19714

They need to do a major reworking of the old Tom Sawyer (SP?) Island and theme it to something new. It was fun to go out too but its a bad place to be with a bunch of hormone raging teenagers running around.
There are many problems in re-doing Tom Saywer's Island, including how it's not on the utilidor or Trash disposal systems.

As for Mermaid lagoon, I'd love it! I'm not holding my breath, but just a few more days of waiting I guess.

Personally, I'd love to see a new E-ticket, I'd really love Rodger Rabbit's CARtoon Spin. A matterhorn would be nice, but it's not happening, we got Everest instead.

I heard some old rumor about an extention Near Splash Mt., but that may be the pirates one. :confused:

matthope03

Honestly, I hope that whatever gets announced in October is something completely new and something that the public had no remote idea about. I think it would just be cool to stun all of us Disney nerds, we always seem to get at least a little bit of info before it actually gets announced.

How about a dark ride thats based on a movie thats not even out yet. Something that hypes something new Or Build a Building that could be a big drive thru and have spectro magic run 3 or 4 time a day thru it LOL J/K. All I want is a good 2 or 3 Big E Ticket rides to open things up.

imagineer boy

I think it would be better well spent on ToonTown expansion. Why build a far more superior kids land, and let the other one rot? It would be much better if they just expanded Toon Town into the 20k area, and build some good rides. I've also liked the possiblity of Disney building a Mary Poppins dark ride that would go in Fanaseyland. There is surprisingly a TON of room in the vacant 20k spot. Just think of the possibilies.

S.E.A.

doesn't the dvd version of Mermaid, that comes out the day of the supposed announcement, have a special feature that includes a ride-through of the never-built Little Mermaid Dark Ride for Paris, a ride whose facade was carried over to become the entrance to Mermaid Lagoon? not to mention the broadway musical Little Mermaid opening next year...

that would make for some awfully nice synergy on Disney's part. the dvd comes out with a behind the scenes look at the ride that is currently being built and will be openned just in time to promote the broadway version...not to mention the DTV sequel...

the-reason14

Ive seen that on a travel channel show and it does look nice, however I would want disney to put some type of new thrilling ride there, or take some of DL amazing fantasyland and put it there. The alice and wonderland ride, Pinocchio ride, storybook land, all that could make MK a little bit better dont you think?

tinktwirler321

I think the idea of the Little Mermaid attraction sounds great. I think they defenitley should expand Toontown. It could use another ride or 2. JMO.........

BrittanyRose428

I read this on another site as well in conversation from friends who are still with Disney and it seems that there is a very strong rumor going that a version of TDL'S Mermaid Lagoon is coming to WDW in 2008. The placement for the new attraction would be on the spot of 20K Leagues and would extend the current Ariel's Grotto.

Supposedly the announcement will be made on October 4th which is when there is going to be a major press conference at the Magic Kingdom.

I have a sister who is in Imagineering in Cali and when I asked I was given a very abrupt "no comment", "not a bad idea but no comment".

Also, if true, this would seem to coincide with the release of the Little Mermaid on DVD that is quickly approaching.

Any thoughts??
O_O last year i sent something to that immagineering address about a little mermaid ride for in that spot, and how it would go with the grotto and everything O_O and diagrams and drawings and stuff ... probably me and a zillion other people though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom