Mermaid Lagoon Coming to MK!!!?????

Epcot82Guy

This image is very similar to the one posted earlier.. but in case anyone can't pick out Pooh's Playground, it's bordered in red in the image below. The green border is the approximate area reclaimed from 20K. There is LOTS of room to work with and they probably have room for a small Mermaid Lagoon area and another d/e ticket.

Yep. Actually, with the space (and depending on the concept), they could likely squeeze in the lagoon, a large E-ticket, and a small D-ticket (along the lines of a storybook darkride or a show). As wannab said, there is a LOT of space here.

Meeko

:sohappy: I'm up for anything to use that space! Thanks for the pic Wannab- the area goes farther back than I thought.

yellowrocket

Am I seeing things? Is there a Hidden Mickey in that upper left hand corner?!

20K_copy1.jpg

netenyahoo

I'm fine with having an Ariel mermaid area with several small rides as long as they leave enough land to put in an E-ticket behind it and leave enough land for an expansion and redo of Toon Town.

SirGoofy

Sounds like a good idea to me, as long as there is enough room for another E-ticket. I really like what I've seen from pics of Mermaid Lagoon. It's very well themed, which is always a plus.

typhoonguy

I read this on another site as well in conversation from friends who are still with Disney and it seems that there is a very strong rumor going that a version of TDL'S Mermaid Lagoon is coming to WDW in 2008. The placement for the new attraction would be on the spot of 20K Leagues and would extend the current Ariel's Grotto.

Supposedly the announcement will be made on October 4th which is when there is going to be a major press conference at the Magic Kingdom.

I have a sister who is in Imagineering in Cali and when I asked I was given a very abrupt "no comment", "not a bad idea but no comment".

Also, if true, this would seem to coincide with the release of the Little Mermaid on DVD that is quickly approaching.

Any thoughts??
What is your sister's name?

MellBelle2

did you guys see the Mermaid Lagoon on TDL website?? It's hugggeee and beautiful haha but it looks like a whole new land that would be built.

Shaman

I can't confirm that this was greenlit...bit it was indeed one of the concepts talked about for that area.
My sources have been pointing to a large e-ticket coming to MK...this wouldn't be it.

:sohappy:

How 'bout a time table....theme....anything else? Come on, Lee! :D

An e-ticket for MK sounds promising...although with the crowds in that area of the park, it could make for a nightmare in the busy periods....I wouldn't mind a small dark ride for the mermaid in Fantasyland, and some e-ticket elsewhere...like say, Adventureland or something...

Thanks for the info Lee and OP! :wave:

Montu

They take out an E-ticket ride to put in a bunch of A tickets?

*scratches head*

Where's the big attraction here? If this is the case, we're just going to get a well themed, teacups ride (which is right next door), and some smaller attractions on that scale. I see maybe a portion of the Lagoon going there to mold Ariel into the surroundings a little better...but I don't see the entire project coming to the MK.

TDS's Mermaid Lagoon theater is the best live show disney has ever put on, period.

If Cirque du Soleil were to put on a Little Mermaid show, THIS would be it. The show is breath-taking and amazing to say the least. It would be a fantastic fit to the Magic Kingdom.

Beyond that, the rest of Mermaid Lagoon is equally inspired. A great section of TDS with fantstic theming and lots of top-notch technology.

Don't judge it unless you've been to Tokyo DisneySea. This isn't some kiddie land

Thurp

TDS's Mermaid Lagoon theater is the best live show disney has ever put on, period.

As awesome as it may be, I think Disney needs to scale down in shows and movies that don't have much repeatability value and start looking at creating a new e-ticket for the MK that will make people go "wow, leave it up to Disney to create something like this."

maxime29

Premium Member
What's the possibility of a clone of that Crush "mouse coaster" from DSP ending up in that spot? (with a new themeing of course)

Plutoboy

Original Poster
From what I recall when I was with Disney ( I left just after the finished the land reclaimation in that area..... Disney has always said that there is room for a major E-ticket and several smaller attractions in the area. I guess time will tell as to what is going to be announed if anything.

TP2000

I'll second the motion that the Little Mermaid stage show put on in Mermaid Lagoon at Tokyo DisneySea is the best live action stage show is one of the best I've ever seen in a Disney park. It might only be second to Aladdin at DCA, or it might tie for first with Aladdin. Whichever, it's very, very good.

Mermaid Lagoon at DisneySea is their "Kiddy" area, but it is beautifully done. When I went to DisneySea last year with a group of adults we spent about an hour in there just wandering around and looking at all of the cool stuff and eye candy. And then of course we saw the Little Mermaid show and sat there with our jaws open.

I only hope that if they install this in Florida it is done just as beautifully and just as lushly designed and themed as the Tokyo version.

WDW's Fantasyland desperately needs more rides. While there wasn't a dark ride in Mermaid Lagoon, there were plenty of fun B Ticket rides that would work well and give people stuff to do. Magic Kingdom needs that.

iheartdisney91

wow like i said before this is awesome! and that picture is really great now is all that green room or in the magic kingdom?? why would they even get rid of the lagoon? they could have put a little mermaid ride in the lagoon!

Tim G

Beyond that, the rest of Mermaid Lagoon is equally inspired. A great section of TDS with fantstic theming and lots of top-notch technology.

Don't judge it unless you've been to Tokyo DisneySea. This isn't some kiddie land
I know... It's great but certainly not the best in TDS... :D

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I can't confirm that this was greenlit...bit it was indeed one of the concepts talked about for that area.
My sources have been pointing to a large e-ticket coming to MK...this wouldn't be it.

Ok now correct me if i'm wrong Lee. The way I have heard it is that Disney is looking to pick 1 of 4 e-tickets to build at 1 of 4 expansion pads in Magic Kingdom. Supposedly the 4 pads are:

Tomorrowland - Around COP (This is the Incredibles attraction)

Adventureland - Somewhere by Pirates

Fantasyland - Old 20k site

?????? - Never heard what the 4th. expansion pad was

Am I correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom