Mermaid Lagoon Coming to MK!!!?????

mickeysgal

I hope no one already mentioned this, but it's late and I could not read 14 pages of posts in one sitting.

Anyway, I just got the new Little Mermaid DVD for my kids and one of the bonus features was a virtual ride through of a Little Mermaid attraction that was never built. It was beautiful...you rode in suspended clam shells, hung from the ceiling like Peter Pan, and guests would go from above the water to below the water and back up again. It was really cool to see the VR, the storyboards and the full model. The exterior was a replica of Eric's Castle, I think, it looked very Tuscan. I think that would blend better than the TDL exterior.

My question is...could the Imagineers be using this as clues to a possible attraction for WDW or are they just teasing us with a great ride that will never be built?

Either way, it was a fun portion of the DVD, and it was nice to see the Imagineers look so excited about talking about it...they were really cute!:wave:

AEfx

Perhaps if they do go through with Mermaid Lagoon, they could replace the stage show with the dark ride?

We can dream...the only other ride I'd like to see make it that much would be a Sleeping Beauty dark ride.

I found it very odd to be included on the DVD, in spite of being so greatful it's such an awesome special feature. It seems a bit odd for them to "celebrate" an attraction that never got built; usually they try to sweep those things under the rug.

MK's Fantasyland really needs it. To many people, those dark rides really represent what Disney magic is about, and it's always been so odd that so few made it to the MK. Disneyland has Alice, Pinocchio, and Mr. Toad on us now...we really need to show Disneyland who's boss. ;)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom