Meanest Attraction?

Lucky

What do you think, in your honest opinion, is the meanest attraction at WDW? This means cast member attitudes, guest w/disability policies, ect.

Just wondering....
My worst experience was at Test Track, but the problem was out of control young teenage unchaperoned guests and not CMs. The way you phrased the question it invites criticism of CMs, but I've nearly always found them extrmeely hlepful and pleasant and just trying to do their jobs. When problems occur it is usually not CMs that are to blame, but fragile ride technology or unruly guests.

Piebald

I have discovered a few things in my adventures to WDW:

2. Perhaps it is because I and my 12 year old son appear to be of Asian descent (we're light skinned Native Americans) that people assume that we're Asian and that somehow seems to mean to them that we are less rude than the average tourist (don't know if this sitrue, it's just an observation).

If I may mention mean...guests seem to be very mean to the CMs in the Asian pavillions (Japan and China) where the CMs tend to be very very polite. I have also seen extremely rude behavior towards Japanese CMs who were in place on IASW last year...making fun of their names, language, etc. What was funny was when my blonde haired blue eyed 17 year old son turned around and told the offender offs..in perfect gramatically correct Japanese! Those poor CMs..they were the happiest CMs I saw last year and really seemed to enjoy the job..and they got nothing but rudeness in return.

Funny you mention that, but from my observation (me and some other CMs have discussed this), Asian guests (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, wherever they are from?) always seem to be the absolute nicest. I have NEVER seen an Asian guest get mad or rude with me or any other CM. They always seem to be understanding (which many guests aren't) about certain things. Even the ones who don't know English very well or at all are very nice. I would love to see how Tokyo or Hong Kong Disneyland is!

hokielutz

....I have encountered the most rude CM's at the monorails but ONLY when we ask to sit in front. We don't mind the wait. We don't mind standing where they ask us to stand. But most of the time they try to talk us out of it ("Well you will be waiting for 3-4 more trains if you want to do that") or they just unkindly say, "Wait over there"....

....and then you get into the cab with a driver who is less than happy that you are in there and that makes it even worse.

Sherry

I have to agree with you on this one... Monorail CM's have been a bit wierd. Our experience in the front cab has been mixed. Most of the time, the operator doesn't really want to talk... just drive the train.

disneyisbest

I have to say in six trips to the world i have yet to meet a rude cast member.tired and stressed yes but never rude.:D
However on the single trip to disneyland paris i found almost all the cast members to be uninterested and bored to the point of being rude:mad:
All except for one lady in a shop who happened to be from america:)

Now there's a big shocker. Rude people in France. I can't remember the last time I heard that one.

dragonfox98

....I have encountered the most rude CM's at the monorails but ONLY when we ask to sit in front. We don't mind the wait. We don't mind standing where they ask us to stand. But most of the time they try to talk us out of it ("Well you will be waiting for 3-4 more trains if you want to do that") or they just unkindly say, "Wait over there". It's not like, "Oh sure, you may have to wait for a little while but if you stand over there we can accomodate you".

....and then you get into the cab with a driver who is less than happy that you are in there and that makes it even worse.

I just try to ignore it and just enjoy the scenery. We only ever ask on the trip to Epcot because you just can't beat the view riding through the park.

Sherry

Hey, Sherrybaby!
When my family went last year, we sat in the front of the monorail everytime we could (which was about eight to ten times) and never had a problem with the CMs on the platform or the drivers. Admittedly, some of the drivers were more interested in the drive, but that was okay because we could enjoy the views we were getting.

I will admit, the only mean thing that happened to us was when we were about to board the monorail leaving MK. We were waiting patiently (you know, those safety regulations) and then the pilot asked us to come aboard. As we were getting comfy in the train, two guests (large, sweaty and full of attittude) pushed their way inside (I don't know how they bypassed the CMs) and told my family to "squish together". The CMs and the pilot were great, they gently tried to explain that only one family is allowed in the front at a time. After a few moments of explanation, the other guests finally got the point and waited their turn. So, it's not mean CMs that I've encountered - it's mean guests (and I could go on and on).

BTW, if any of the other posters are monorail pilots (or will be in October), please send me an email, as my family and I would love to look for you and say "Hi". And to all the CMs that do read the posts - thank you. You guys (and gals) do a terrific job (even though I thank you when I'm there, it's still nice to do it now).

disneyisbest

If you followed the instructions that's written on your FP in the first place, you wouldn't have had a CM that had to explain why you're not the exception to the rule. Probably yourself or another party started to debate with the CM about letting you in five minutes early. FP CM have to argue and debate with guest on a daily basis because no one is willing to follow the rules that's printed on the FP ticket.

That's because that would require actually reading the ticket. God forbid anyone actually read anything to get information.

bgraham34

I say Fantasmic for me. I get yelled at trying to get back to my seat after getting food whenever the crowds are coming in.

iheartdisney91

hm... buzz lightyear space ranger spin. because i was getting in the wrong car and the yelled at me. even though the car was mpty and no one was in front of us.:shrug: IDK wierd

k.hunter30

I can't remember a time I've had bad service at WDW. Mediocre, average-for-a-regular-park/hotel, maybe - but not bad. Disneyland on the other hand... :lookaroun

beachclubbasics

There just seems to be a differenet level of politeness in..

Funny you mention that, but from my observation (me and some other CMs have discussed this), Asian guests (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, wherever they are from?) always seem to be the absolute nicest. I have NEVER seen an Asian guest get mad or rude with me or any other CM. They always seem to be understanding (which many guests aren't) about certain things. Even the ones who don't know English very well or at all are very nice. I would love to see how Tokyo or Hong Kong Disneyland is!

Asian countries than in other countries. It's much more ingrained in their societies than most. It's common to see Asian act very politely (even formally so) even to very close friends ..for example, Japanese teens bowing to each other to express thankfulness. That's one reason why it galled me to no end to see how some ignorant Americans treated those IASW CMs and how people act in places like the Asian pavillions. I sawe one idiot try to start a fight with Japanse Cms...he kept yelling of his voice "THis is America, dress like Americans, why do you J**Ps have to dress like you're in Japland?" Ummm..maybe because they are supposed to to be dressed that way in the "Japanese" pavillion??????. It also annoys mew when American kids go up to the Japanese and Chinese CM and say stupid things like "oing doing choing"..I live in a racist part of NJ and we have a lot of adopted Korean an Chinese students in my school and the whol oing doing choing thing is out of control here too.

What also annoys me is the lack of respect that some people have for anything around them...go into Mitsokoshi n the morning when it opens and again when it closes at night...it looks like a tornado went through there. That's from wonderful tourists who think that it's ok to try on the $300 kimono that they don't intend to buy and throw it in a heap in the corner or leave the $70 wooden sandals on the floor in the moddle of the aisle for someone else to trip over and break. Or put their fingers thorugh the $5 paper fans and yell "look how cheap these thigs are made!"

joanna71985

Just to point out some things that have been mentioned; FP return isn't all THAT bad. Occasionally you will get the people who complain, but if someone's early I tell them nicely and usually send them to a nearby attraction that won't occupy too much of their time.

Another thing, Fantasmic can be the WORST job ever as far as I'm concerned (within the parks at least). I have worked there many a time and it is pretty bad depending on where you are. Think about it.... there are thousands of people going to this show at night....they're probably hot and tired (or cold either way it is irritating) .... kids are annoying as hell .... it's pretty bad. :brick:

Handicap seating is reserved only for those in wheelchairs or with handicap cards...(duh)...so when the show is butt to butt packed and we start filling up the standing room section, people get REALLY ed because they see those benches open yet no one is sitting in them. Then the poor CM who is assigned to that specific section...well, God help them..

I worked Fantasmic a few times. Wow, I can remember one particular day. I forget which section I was in, but I had empty handicap benches. People kept bugging to sit on them, and I had to keep saying "sorry, we have to keep them available".

OneLuckyMom

It also annoys mew when American kids go up to the Japanese and Chinese CM and say stupid things like "oing doing choing"..I

As mother to a Chinese-American daughter, adopted from China, I pity the fool who is next to me when they say that. I'll take their head off - kid, middle-aged adult or senior citizen. I've done it before, I'll do it again!:fork:

reptar77

We have not encountered mean CM's but it constantly astounds me how mean, rude, inconsiderate the guests can be. We saw a couple curse out a CM for setting up the parade posts/ropes in there way.

wvdisneyfamily

I've never had a problem with a CM at an attraction but this one time I went to eat at '50s Prime Time Cafe. The CM there yelled at me cause I didn't eat all of my food. She was so loud and obnoxious.

I actually have a phobia about eating there because of the CMs just doing their job. I know they are supposed to act a certain way, but I don't think I would really enjoy that whole pushy/naggy attitude.

Space Mountain is the ONLY ride where I've experienced a rude CM. One CM told me to stand in this spot and get into the next available car. I stood there for several minutes. Three cars went by and I didn't understand why I hadn't been seated yet. A different CM looked at me and said "Only guests in wheelchairs get seated there. If you want to ride, move." The other CM told me to wait in the wrong spot which was no big deal. However, the other CM didn't have to be so rude. I felt really embarrassed because other people stared at me like I was dumb. :mad::eek:

This isn't a rude CM story, but it is funny and a sorta bad experience. Once at the ToT, the CM was really hamming it up. He was just really in-your-face. I didn't mind it all because it was so funny. Anyway, he was like a foot and a half taller than me (I'm really short). He squatted down to talk to me and got so into character he accidentally spit on my face. He didn't notice and I didn't make a big deal of it. I think ToT CMs are the best anyways (aside from the occasional spitting...):lookaroun

dpunky

The most rude experience that I had with a CM was at the ticket counter at EPCOT. I bought Annual Passes online and had a receipt to pickup my tickets at any ticket counter. So I take it to this one particular ticket counter at EPCOT. The woman said that her computer was broken and to try to take it to the ticket gate to have them process it. Keep in mind, she processed a ticket prior to me getting to her, and the receipt said to take it to any ticket counter. So I proceed to go to guest services and tell the CM there what happened. He appologized and thought that the CM at the ticket counter was rude. He proceeded in giving us our Annual Passes and all was good for the rest of the day.

I once dealt with an older woman working at the Pop food court wasn't very nice, but I've only experienced one extremely rude CM. It was the first time my mom was in a wheelchair, and we wanted to go on Splash Mountain. We couldn't figure out where to go, and so I asked a CM. She snapped at me, and said "where do you think you're supposed to go?!?" It was all about tone...I considered reporting her, because honestly she needed to be reminded how to speak to guests, but I decided not to let it ruin my vacation.

kcw

It's because WDW CMs are treated much better than the DL ones.

I'm not so sure about that... my ex works at Disneyland in the same dept. as me, and we traded stories all the time about how CMs were treated and everything else- and there's basically pros and cons to both parks in that respect- I wouldn't say one is better than another....

But there is a reason for the frustration. Space Mountain breaks down extremely easily if Guests aren't in and out of the rocket ships within a specific amount of time. I hope that the SM refurb will fix this problem.

holy heavens my roommate worked on SM and she was explaining that whole concept and how that makes the rides break down so easily (and frequently)- I would never in a million years want the stress of operating a ride, let alone being on the loading deck of an attraction that is so touchy!

malice

on my last trip i encountered a living with the land castmember was particularly rude during EMH.

now the most mean-spirited attraction? dinosaur.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom