Meanest Attraction?

Boo's Mom

my aunt didn't get to ride Rock n Roller coaster one time. we walked right on the ride. The guy who was telling people where to go at the loading area told her to go to the very back. she doesn't like the very back and asked to switch with me because they put me in the front and I would rather have the back. the CM got rude and told her she either rode in the back or didn't ride at all. She didn't ride.

I've only had one bad encounter with a CM, but not at an attraction or anything.

It was durring Spectro Magic one evening, and my brother-in-law and I were squished into the back of the crowd with her daughter's stroller infront of us. We were standing there for a couple of minutes, when a cast member told us to 'not park the stroller on the sidewalk' (we were on Main Street). But the thing was, the stroller wasn't even on the sidewalk. My brother and I were just standing behind the stroller on the street, trying to view the parade. After telling him we weren't on the sidewalk, the CM repeated what he said, so now we had to wiggle out of what seemed like a can of sardines with a big honker of a stroller (it's hard, when there are hundreds of people squished infront and beside you, while even more people are walking right behind you). After obviously struggling to get out of the crowd, the CM yelled at us and motioned for us to leave, when my brother finally snapped and yelled back, "LET US GET OUT OF THE CROWD FIRST!" I could tell he didn't want to have to yell, but the CM was just being very rude to us when it was obvious we were trying to leave. Afterwards, the CM finally got quiet, and my brother and I finally left with a screaming five year old in the stroller.

Why the CM was so cranky, I don't know..maybe he was tired?

JML42691

I've only had one bad encounter with a CM, but not at an attraction or anything.

It was durring Spectro Magic one evening, and my brother-in-law and I were squished into the back of the crowd with her daughter's stroller infront of us. We were standing there for a couple of minutes, when a cast member told us to 'not park the stroller on the sidewalk' (we were on Main Street). But the thing was, the stroller wasn't even on the sidewalk. My brother and I were just standing behind the stroller on the street, trying to view the parade. After telling him we weren't on the sidewalk, the CM repeated what he said, so now we had to wiggle out of what seemed like a can of sardines with a big honker of a stroller (it's hard, when there are hundreds of people squished infront and beside you, while even more people are walking right behind you). After obviously struggling to get out of the crowd, the CM yelled at us and motioned for us to leave, when my brother finally snapped and yelled back, "LET US GET OUT OF THE CROWD FIRST!" I could tell he didn't want to have to yell, but the CM was just being very rude to us when it was obvious we were trying to leave. Afterwards, the CM finally got quiet, and my brother and I finally left with a screaming five year old in the stroller.

When he "asked you to leave," did he mean the park, or the crowd? Because in a situation like this, I would ask that CM for his info (name, department and such) and his manager's name (or whoever is in charge of him) because that is just not acceptable, I understand that he was probably following procedure with asking you to get your stroller out of the crowd, but to go as far as yelling at you and (although I highly doubt it) possibly telling you to leave the park should earn him a good sit-down with his manager.

kimmychad

I've never had a problem with a CM at an attraction but this one time I went to eat at '50s Prime Time Cafe. The CM there yelled at me cause I didn't eat all of my food. She was so loud and obnoxious.

yeah i dont think i could take that. i understand they are trying to be in character and all, but i'll eat what i want

stitcherella

Test Track

The only time we've encountered a cm being rude was at Test Track. It was the first run we'd ever been on and it was broken. It was early in the day and he already had an attitude. Someone else, not in our family, had the "nerve" to ask him how much longer and what was wrong and he was very snappy. A supervisor overheard his response and allowed them to stay on the ride for another round. Noone was being pushy or rude to the cm, he seemed edgy. But out of all our trips to DLR and MK that was the only rudeness.

lorenita

i never had an experiense, or not that i remember, i´ve been in DW like, 20 times(im 16 years old) my last trip was thje 29th of december trough yesterday, and my brother has some friends at the mexico pavilion, and they told us that the people are really rude with the mexican CM, well thats what thay said, but they said that in general people is really rude at EPCOT, but my only bad experiense was in Universal at the MIB:dazzle:

When he "asked you to leave," did he mean the park, or the crowd? Because in a situation like this, I would ask that CM for his info (name, department and such) and his manager's name (or whoever is in charge of him) because that is just not acceptable, I understand that he was probably following procedure with asking you to get your stroller out of the crowd, but to go as far as yelling at you and (although I highly doubt it) possibly telling you to leave the park should earn him a good sit-down with his manager.
Oh, no, he was just telling us to get out of the crowd. But the thing was he yelled at us in a rude and very impatient tone, which made my brother angry, me shocked, and my niece (the five year old in the stroller) confused as to why he yelled at us in the first place ("Aunty Summer, why did that man yell at us?"). We were trying to get out as quickly as possible but with hundreds of people and kids around us we didn't want to bump into or hurt anyone aswell.

Reccyman

Only had one bad experience with a CM and that was at the transport centre at WDW. The CM was rude and ill mannered. She was extremely unhelpful, and I was shocked at her attitude. Another CM approached us and apologized, which really annoyed the first CM.

Having said that, 99.99% of CM's do a wonderful job. If anyone on this forum has ever visited an Theme park in the UK you'd really see poor service and attitude!

Thanks to all the CM's for your hard work. You certainly help make Disney Special. :kiss:

JML42691

Oh, no, he was just telling us to get out of the crowd. But the thing was he yelled at us in a rude and very impatient tone, which made my brother angry, me shocked, and my niece (the five year old in the stroller) confused as to why he yelled at us in the first place ("Aunty Summer, why did that man yell at us?"). We were trying to get out as quickly as possible but with hundreds of people and kids around us we didn't want to bump into or hurt anyone aswell.
Okay, I'm glad that he was not as rude as I pictured him to be, but the way he acted was still completely unacceptable.

Sherrybaby

I don't really understand this. All the times I have viewed Spectro there have been TONS of strollers all lined up and down the streets and sidewalks. People were using them to "save places" when they went to get food, etc. Many of them had sleeping children in them. Not one time did I ever, ever hear anyone be asked to move. I wish they would have one time though since the guy behind me was pushing the stroller up against my back the entire evening.

Sherry

disney4life2008

Personal Experience-Several CM's at Test Track have been mean to me.

I agree. I am a big man and when I rode Test Track the CMs were not mean per se- but they rushed me to a line and did not allow for questions about seating. The CMs at the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom were very nice and went above and beyond ensuring that I would enjoy my experience.

disney4life2008

I'm going to say Lights, Motors, Action, but not because of any CMs or anything others have mentioned. I find it the meanest attraction because not only do you have to wait out in the hot, humid Florida Sun before you're allowed to enter the stadium (with nothing to do but stare at the people crowded around you), but you're herded like cattle into the stadium itself, and then you also have to sit out in the hot, humid Florida Sun (if you're not one of the first 100 or so people in who get the top shaded section) for 30-something minutes while an uninteresting and noisy show (full of sound and fury, signifying nothing) takes place. This actually qualifies more as cruel and unusual punishment, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's the only attraction at Disney World I would never do again (and that's saying something).

I completely agree about this show. We saw this show in December and it was about 80 degrees (hot sun) that day and I was ready to faint. I can imagine during the summer. Furthermore, the show itself is nothing spectactular. You can watch stunts on tv. So the wait and the show is really a waste of time. You should experience it once but I will not be in the audience in June.

disney4life2008

I've never met one who's anger was directed at me, but I've seen it.

Once on Soarin' where a man did nothing but complain and badger about the wait to a poor cm to the point that a manager was called to see if anything could be done. The cm finally raised her voice at the guy, I don't remember exactly what was said but it was along the lines of, "Enough, it's not my fault"!
At that point I stepped in and told the guy he crossed the line and to shut up. He thought about maybe shooting his big mouth my way, but made the right choice and shut up. A manager then came and asked what happend and the big mouth said it was his fault and he was just tired from a long day in the park. All the time I was looking at him ready to smack the zip-adee-do-da out of him.
When it came time for me to ride the cm thanked me and she gave me a wonderful smile. I told her it's ok everyone needs help sometime.

Guy

Soarin is BORING!!!! I was mad at the 90 minute wait time and the 40 minutes spent inside the ride que area was terrible. I thought the energy movie screens were nice and interactive until I saw them at the Florida Mall on the floor. Then the actual ride itself is BAD!!! What exactly is the point of flying over California? It was a waste of 2 hours. As for the CM, he seemed BORED OUT HIS MIND! I felt sorry for him because he had to stand there in his hot attire doing nothing. I will never ride Soarin again.

disney4life2008

Slightly off topic since it's not 100% an attraction, but I've stayed at the Port Orleans- French Quarter twice now and have found the older ferry boat captains who take guests to Downtown Disney to have a bit of an....extra crusty demeanor. I thought I might just be hearing things wrong due to being overly tired from running around the parks, but when it happened again on the second trip, kind of struck me that it might not be that rare to get this much attitude from them. Some of the younger guys were nice and did silly Disney trivia when there were kids on board. But the older guys....I'm not going to repeat it but while exiting the ferry at the Downtown Disney dock, in front of all the people waiting to get on, one captain made a comment about my appearance and it being Halloween that eventualy got me an apology phone call from a Disney rep when I got back home. I know Disney hires a lot of seniors and retired people, and they can be the ones you usually get the best service from, but there's something about these guys..

Interesting.. the opposite the Ferry Board CMs at the Magic Kingdom at 1am were VERY NICE!! Granted they were visibly tired but they still managed to keep the magic going telling us about the boats and other things related to water disney.

shmmrname

I don't think I've encountered a 'mean' CM at an attraction. I guess there are many times when they aren't overly cheerful, but, at the same time, we aren't the most social group, so we don't give many CM's a chance to be 'mean'.
However, I have had some experiences shopping within WDW that have been less than pleasant. Nothing awful has happened, just normal people numb after a long day, or getting a little overwhelmed during the busiest part of their night.

JML42691

disney4life2008, from now on, when you plan on making multiple posts in a row, could you please do them in the same post (using the multi-quote option obviously). Thanks, it makes the forum a little easier to read

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom