Meanest Attraction?

Walt Sent Me

Original Poster
What do you think, in your honest opinion, is the meanest attraction at WDW? This means cast member attitudes, guest w/disability policies, ect.

Just wondering....

Connor002

None.
Personally, I find that my vacation experiences have always been "nice."
Most CMs I've come in contact with are courteous, kind, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to improve our vacation experience.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
None.
Personally, I find that my vacation experiences have always been "nice."
Most CMs I've come in contact with are courteous, kind, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to improve our vacation experience.

I would agree....if there has been one that could have been considered rude, there are 54999 that make up for it by being totally awesome!

mickster

Space Mountain, without question, has the rudest CMs. Before I go any further, let me make it crystal clear that I'm not saying ALL, or even MOST, CMs on Space Mountain are rude. I'm simply saying it is the one single attraction where I've encountered the most rude ones. In each case, it was the same situation that brought out the rudeness....I requested to sit in the front. All I can think of is that there must be something really stressful about working on this ride. Or maybe the CMs are put under tremendous pressure to keep the line moving and when you make a request to sit in the front, they sometimes snap. All I know is that I've made this request on other rides and have never run into an issue. I've requested it on the Space Mountain at DL and it's never been an issue there either. Its specifically the Space Mountain at WDW where I've encountered this, so I know it's the attraction that is the common denominator, and not me. I've heard of other people having this same issue on this ride too. It seems like I remember someone even starting a thread about it one time because he'd been treated so rudely for requesting the front.

fizzle75

In three trips I have only had one bad experience with a CM. It wasn't at an attraction, it was at Roaring Fork Snacks at The Wilderness Lodge. I work around some of the rudest,nastiest, meanest customers on the planet so I am used to dealing with rude people. Some of My customers make even the nastiest CM at WDW look like a boyscout. I can't say enough good things about the CM's at WDW. As a manager with over 100 people under me all I can say is that I wish my employees were as nice and incredibly helpful as those I have encountered at WDW. Thanks to all of you CMs on these boards who help make our trips back "home" to WDW even more magical, Walt would be proud!:wave:

LoriMistress

Personally, I experience more rude CM at DLR then at WDW. Don't know the reason either...because I make an effort to be friendly and polite to every CM I encounter.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I don't like the premise of this thread.. the OP asks if you think a policy is mean. It's like the 5mins before a FP comes up - it's not mean, it's policy.

This just reeks of another fiasco (yeah, i said it!) arguing disability access at attractions.

fizzle75

I don't like the premise of this thread.. the OP asks if you think a policy is mean. It's like the 5mins before a FP comes up - it's not mean, it's policy.

This just reeks of another fiasco (yeah, i said it!) arguing disability access at attractions.

Is that like a debacle?:lookaroun

the-reason14

Expedition Everest seems to pack a lot of tired, over heated, over stressed cast members I have ever seen. Soarin sometimes too.

Astronaut Jones

I've never had any experience where CM's have been mean, maybe apathetic and lazy but not mean. In fact I've often been very impressed with how friendly the CM's are. I might be lucky, it also might be that it's vastly different than what I've grown accustomed to in the places I hang out. Many are like Ed Debevic's only it's not an act.

wedway71

Ive been to WDW about 5 times a year since 1971. I dont remember dealing with anybody rude or mean ever.I have seen CMS who were hot and tired and maybe less then chipper once and a while but never out of their way to be mean or rude.

tirian

Space Mountain, without question, has the rudest CMs. Before I go any further, let me make it crystal clear that I'm not saying ALL, or even MOST, CMs on Space Mountain are rude. I'm simply saying it is the one single attraction where I've encountered the most rude ones. In each case, it was the same situation that brought out the rudeness....I requested to sit in the front. All I can think of is that there must be something really stressful about working on this ride. Or maybe the CMs are put under tremendous pressure to keep the line moving and when you make a request to sit in the front, they sometimes snap. All I know is that I've made this request on other rides and have never run into an issue. I've requested it on the Space Mountain at DL and it's never been an issue there either. Its specifically the Space Mountain at WDW where I've encountered this, so I know it's the attraction that is the common denominator, and not me. I've heard of other people having this same issue on this ride too. It seems like I remember someone even starting a thread about it one time because he'd been treated so rudely for requesting the front.

This was the attraction I was going to name! :D Furthermore, I work here in Florida, so I encounter the attitudes a LOT.

But there is a reason for the frustration. Space Mountain breaks down extremely easily if Guests aren't in and out of the rocket ships within a specific amount of time. I hope that the SM refurb will fix this problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom