May I vent??

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok so here goes, had a client come in today started talking about how disney went up on their tickets (hello , already knew that..) anyway then she procedes to say" uhh , how can you go there and afford that all the time?"..mind you with a look of total disgust on her face...So I tell her that we're pass holders which works for us better..." well why do you do that, you don't live in Florida , uhh thats such a waste of money" ..Is what I get from her...So I procede to tell her ( because now I'm really offended, yes I know different strokes for different folks but still) That for us it works we go there once , twice a year and unlike her We trully enjoy it there and not just cause we have kids , we love it as adults!!! So the best was when she said "so do you do anything else besides disney world , like epcot?".....HELLO ITS THE SAME PLACE YA MORON!!!!! Sorry I'm better now so yes I told her (did'nt bother to correct her , no use) that yes we do Epcot, Animal Kingdom The studios, water parks and etc....She still looked disgusted.....I hAd to bite my tounge.....It amazes me how rude some people are..Ok I knew you guys would understand...I'm sure some of you have had an experince as such..feel free.....tell a story....

And just to let you know, she is the only client that I have that always say something rude about my going to disney( there have been times that I don't even say anything to her if I go, unless it falls on her day to come in).....My other clients, say they live through me....they think its great...

34 more days................till I'm at WALT DISNEY WORLD>>>>Say it loud and proud baby!!!!!

Nemo14

Ok so here goes, had a client come in today started talking about how disney went up on their tickets (hello , already knew that..) anyway then she procedes to say" uhh , how can you go there and afford that all the time?"..mind you with a look of total disgust on her face...So I tell her that we're pass holders which works for us better..." well why do you do that, you don't live in Florida , uhh thats such a waste of money" ..Is what I get from her...So I procede to tell her ( because now I'm really offended, yes I know different strokes for different folks but still) That for us it works we go there once , twice a year and unlike her We trully enjoy it there and not just cause we have kids , we love it as adults!!! So the best was when she said "so do you do anything else besides disney world , like epcot?".....HELLO ITS THE SAME PLACE YA MORON!!!!! Sorry I'm better now so yes I told her (did'nt bother to correct her , no use) that yes we do Epcot, Animal Kingdom The studios, water parks and etc....She still looked disgusted.....I hAd to bite my tounge.....It amazes me how rude some people are..Ok I knew you guys would understand...I'm sure some of you have had an experince as such..feel free.....tell a story....

And just to let you know, she is the only client that I have that always say something rude about my going to disney( there have been times that I don't even say anything to her if I go, unless it falls on her day to come in).....My other clients, say they live through me....they think its great...

34 more days................till I'm at WALT DISNEY WORLD>>>>Say it loud and proud baby!!!!!

So, did you give her a bad haircut? :lol:

sbkline

I just love it how people whine about tickets going up just a few bucks and make comments about not being able to afford going there. :lol:

I mean, sure, WDW is expensive, and one has to be blessed with the money to be able to go. But if you can afford the money to stay in the hotel and eat for a week, and buy tickets for a week, then you can afford another few bucks on a price increase. If you can't then you shouldn't be going...either that or just make one less stop at McDonald's on the way down and call it good.

Uponastar

We have friends who get this same sour look on their faces everytime we mention WDW. We try not to let it bother us. It's their loss.

DisneyGigi

You know some people are just that way about WDW. I have people tell me all the time how expensive it is, how can you afford it and all that and I love the why do you keep going back... I mean if they have to ask... they clearly don't get it:brick:
While nobody wants prices to go up on any vacation, the truth to me is you get what you pay for. I feel like I get every bit of what I pay for at WDW and then some! Besides that we can easily drop about the same at Dollywood when we go so I would rather save up and go somewhere that gets me excited... I have never had a countdown to go to Six Flags or Dollywood:ROFLOL:

raven

I get this all the time until I explain to them the money I am saving by getting an AP as opposed to buying length-of-stay tickets. We save a boatload of money this way and also save on resort costs. While we were unable to use the AP discount on our room for the free dining plan in September we did save on admission by using our APs. We had to purchase at least 1 base ticket per person but we will be using these toward our AP renewal. It's a win-win situation! :wave:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The people I work with just assume I'm going to WDW any time I'm off for more than a day or two. I wear Disney golf shirts almost every day at work [sometimes I'll wear a Union shirt or on Fridays I'll wear my 'support the troops' red golf shirt occasionally, but I also wear red Disney golf shirts for "Wear red Fridays"]. My car has WDW plate frames and an original Mickey antenna topper. I think they get the idea I'm a fan. :p

No-one ever questions that I go or how often I go, they just accept that I go. Some are envious that I go as often as I do, but only in the sense that they wish they were going as well.

BRER DAD

I get it all the time too. "Disney again!!!" or "How can you afford to go there every year". I chalk it up as jealousy!! I had a friend bust my chops every year............this year was his first time going. He said "know I understand why you love it so much". I dont let it bother me. I leave in 10 days for WDW and my friends are going to work every morning............I think I got the better end of the stick!:p

Stellajack

Ok so here goes, had a client come in today started talking about how disney went up on their tickets (hello , already knew that..) anyway then she procedes to say" uhh , how can you go there and afford that all the time?"..mind you with a look of total disgust on her face...So I tell her that we're pass holders which works for us better..." well why do you do that, you don't live in Florida , uhh thats such a waste of money" ..Is what I get from her...

Sorry dixiegirl for your encounter. Most folks who are not really Disney fans just do not realize the longrange planning that most of us do on a trip to WDW. . . how we plan ahead on the expenses (some of which are absolutes, such as passes, room rates, etc.) and even budget (gasp!) for these, maybe even send Disney a little money monthly. I just read on this forum in the last couple of days that some have paid off their upcoming trip well ahead of the actual arrival date. That's just how good we have become at this.:lol:

Should your client ever take a trip to Disney, you can be certain she will be planning a return trip and might even be asking you for your advice on how to plan for the next one. THEN, she will understand everything, but right now, she can only see $$$$$$$$$.:confused:

In the meantime have a wonderful trip!:wave:

Nansafan

I am the resident WDW expert at work. Everyone comes to me for advice before leaving. If I can't answer the question I call my brother. Our former travel agent used to call my brother with questions. People no longer ask "where are you going on vacation?" The question now is "when are you going back to Disney?" I don't let the hate get me down. It just means there is one less person in front of me in line for Space. There are just some people who will complain no matter what the topic.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Sorry dixiegirl for your encounter. Most folks who are not really Disney fans just do not realize the longrange planning that most of us do on a trip to WDW. . . how we plan ahead on the expenses (some of which are absolutes, such as passes, room rates, etc.) and even budget (gasp!) for these, maybe even send Disney a little money monthly. I just read on this forum in the last couple of days that some have paid off their upcoming trip well ahead of the actual arrival date. That's just how good we have become at this.:lol:

Should your client ever take a trip to Disney, you can be certain she will be planning a return trip and might even be asking you for your advice on how to plan for the next one. THEN, she will understand everything, but right now, she can only see $$$$$$$$$.:confused:

In the meantime have a wonderful trip!:wave:

Please, this is a woman who does'nt understand going on vacation with children .. So to throw in disney as well aww it kills her...Although she's the boozer type..would rather drink ( whicH I do love my cocktails.......esspecially when they are around epcot..lol) Than anything else.....

I love you guys!!!!!

Jessie&Buzz

I'm right there with you. I said something to my neighbor about going in a couple of years. She said "don't you ever get tired of going there? I don't know how you can afford it". My answer was "no I don't get tired of going. We can't afford it right now that's why we aren't going for a couple of years". Then she proceeds to tell me that it's too expensive for her and her 3 kids. She thinks a cruise would be cheaper. I hated to tell her that it won't be!

Anyway, there will always be those who don't understand it.

sbkline

I, too, have relatives who are like "you're going there AGAIN?" "Why don't you go somewhere else for a change".

My Aunt and Uncle are among those who ask me that, and, ironically, they visit Cloud 9 Ranch in Missouri every year, so they have no room to talk about going to the same place all the time. LOL Now granted, they are retired and have the time (and presumably the money), to go other places in the year besides Cloud 9. And if I had the time and money to go more than one place in the year, I probably would. But if I only have money to go to one place, I'm happy to do Disney.

However, I also have to accomodate my wife, who would like to do other things, so it looks like I'm gonna have to sacrifice some Disney time in order to take her to some of the places she'd like to go...unless I can make this next Disney trip so enjoyable for her that she, too, wants to go back every year. :D

wdwmomof3

I know what you mean, I have a friend who will drop two grand to go to the beach but says she'll never be able to go to Disney. WHAT?! I told her that she could go for that but whatever.

We have to save and really plan for our trips but it gives me something to look forward to. I had rather skip the beach, SixFlags, Dollywood and everything else to be able to go to Disney. I just love it!!

We go to Gatlinburg every Christmas and my husband loves it. People ask him about Gatlinburg, and me about Disney. It's funny.

tink68

I have a sister who acts like this. Everytime she hears we are going to DW she looks at us in disgust and ask why??? She refuses to go (prob because I go) even though her two kids would love to go and tell me all the time. She really gave me a hard time when she found out about my trip that is coming up in 1 week. It will just be me and DH and she thinks we should be going somewhere more adult and romantic. Hello!! DW can be romantic and fun and for adults. It is also an escape from reality and since my hubby just returned from 3 months in Iraq I would say that we have had enough reality this year and deserve some fun. :wave: Sheri

lunarsquid

It's all jealousy... these people can see we have something we love, and they don't have anything to compare.

For all the cynics who don't understand and ask what the appeal is, i just say "Look, you don't get it. Until you go, you just can't understand." I then turn the tables on them, and look at them in disgust, which typically throws them off, and they shut up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom