Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Jwhee

AND NOT GO TO DISNEY? R U CRAZY?!

Disney is the best. period. I'm not spending ALL my vacation time at a dirty, ugly place like Universal where none of the movies interest me.

#Mickey4Life

*When the stupidity is so stupid you just face palm through your own face*

Disneyhead'71

Cookies? No way. I'm all about the cupcakes and Dole Whip.

It's why I'll gladly spend $89 + tax for Elsa & Olaf's Beaches 'n Cream Dessert Decorating Hour.
Funny you should mention cupcakes. I got this one the other night at Uni.
image.jpg

And Menchies in CityWalk has the Dole Whip.

AEfx

At this point, Disney should just pretend MSHI/IOA/Potter/USF is a WDW upcharge activity. Like UOR is WDW's boutique resort.

Seriously, a one day Uni Park to Park is about the same as the $150 3 hour MK thing.

Let that sink in for a min.

Isn't that crazy? I think I pointed that out somewhere around here during this discussion.

So, basically, you could spend an entire day doing BOTH parks at Universal Orlando, or for $50 more, TWO days, for the same price as Disney is charging for this 3-hour nonsense (formerly known as "standard operating hours").

PizzaPlanet

I don't know where this idea Universal can't use MCU versions but to clear things up they are allowed to use any versions of the superheroes as long as it is canon.

They can use miles morales as Spider-Man due to he was spider man in the comics but can't make Spider-Man suit purple because it's not canon.
So what you are saying is if Universal wanted to, they could have rethemed the Spider Man Ride to be based on the Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield Spiderman? It just seems odd how they would be allowed to base an attraction off of movies made by other studios without their permission, even if it is Marvel. However, let's not forget that The Incredible Hulk (2008) was actually distributed by Universal, and is part of the MCU. So there could be some leniency there in regards to the connecting the Hulk coaster to the MCU.

Launchpad McQuack

So what you are saying is if Universal wanted to, they could have rethemed the Spider Man Ride to be based on the Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield Spiderman? It just seems odd how they would be allowed to base an attraction off of movies made by other studios without their permission, even if it is Marvel. However, let's not forget that The Incredible Hulk (2008) was actually distributed by Universal, and is part of the MCU. So there could be some leniency there in regards to the connecting the Hulk coaster to the MCU.

The issue with that Hulk movie now is that they don't use the same actor or Hulk design anymore.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The contract only says that the characters must true to what is in the Marvel Style Guide, so if the MCU depictions are in the style guide I don't see why Uni wouldn't be able to use them. Now if they get into the likenesses of the actual actors who played the roles in the MCU, then that might get into other legal issues.

AEfx

Ford won with his likeness for the Indy EMV ride so it wouldn't be the first time.

I believe that was because of the type of original contract he signed for the Indy films. He couldn't, say, deny his likeness in anything Star Wars, because his likeness as Han Solo was purchased by Lucasfilm in perpetuity (as Carrie FIsher jokes, she has to play a couple of bucks every time she looks in the mirror, LOL). That was uncommon back then.

After Nicholson took everyone to the cleaners over Batman, though, (estimates as of last year are that he has made over 100M from appearing in the '89 Batman film because of his points and merchandising interests), they pretty much make everyone who does a genre/comic film sign their lives (well, likenesses) completely away in terms of portraying that character. They aren't signed if they don't sign, so to speak.

I'd be willing to bet that Marvel/Disney can do anything they darn well please with the likenesses of any of the MCU actors - or they wouldn't have gotten the parts. There is a remote possibility that Downey has some sort of approval, but at best it would be some sort of a "50/50 denial deal" (as in, they show him ten pictures, he has to approve at least half of them, etc. - he can't just withhold). But even then - given how Iron Man is actually a CGI creation, it really would only be Tony Stark unmasked he would even have a say in.

lazyboy97o

Cookies? No way. I'm all about the cupcakes and Dole Whip.

It's why I'll gladly spend $89 + tax for Elsa & Olaf's Beaches 'n Cream Dessert Decorating Hour.
Dole Whips with marshmallow on top. :hungry:

The contract only says that the characters must true to what is in the Marvel Style Guide, so if the MCU depictions are in the style guide I don't see why Uni wouldn't be able to use them. Now if they get into the likenesses of the actual actors who played the roles in the MCU, then that might get into other legal issues.
I think money would be a bigger issue with the specific actors.

Cesar R M

I don't know where this idea Universal can't use MCU versions but to clear things up they are allowed to use any versions of the superheroes as long as it is canon.

They can use miles morales as Spider-Man due to he was spider man in the comics but can't make Spider-Man suit purple because it's not canon.
the suit is black, the shading for black is usually purple in comics.

Mike S

I disagree.
It's actually quite likely.
Just reacting to what will perceived by some as a bombshell. And it is in line with what I've heard is possible.

Possibly for the next E ticket.
200w.gif

No resistance to GotG and Ant-Man in WDW?
Ant-Man? First I'm hearing anyone say that. What I would want: Adventure Thru Inner Space with Ant-Man.

What we'll get: it's a small world with Ant-Man.
The issue with that Hulk movie now is that they don't use the same actor or Hulk design anymore.
Thats something that kind of bothers me. The original Hulk design from TIH actually still looked human while the new one seen in Avengers seems to look more like an ape or something.

rioriz

I would LOVE an ANT-MAN ride similar to Ratatouille but better... Could we get a Doctor Strange walk through Museum of the Strange...

I know I am selfish but I want my MCU attractions!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom