Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Matt_Black

Well, they do have 2 E Tickets in that park under construction right now, and one of them IS an Avenger E Ticket.

AND? It will be done FIVE YEARS after the film's release. Again, people here complain when Disney doesn't have an attraction or show ready to go immediately once the film's popular.

Mike S

Uh-huh. They've only had FOUR years to build an Avengers ride. Meanwhile, people complained when a Frozen show debuted the summer after the film's release. :rolleyes:
And in that time they built Transformers, Diagon Alley, and King Kong. Not to mention some new hotels and starting construction of a water park and another two rides in USF. What's your complaint again? That they didn't do Avengers? What do you care if you're not going to ever go there even though you're such a big fan of Marvel?

Last edited:

Matt_Black

You do realize that Universal didn't make The Avengers and there is a bit of red tape involved.

Do you own stock in Comcast, Harry Duster?

And in that time they built Transformers, Diagon Alley, and King Kong. Not to mention some new hotels and starting construction of a water park and another two rides in USF. What's your complaint again? That they didn't do Avengers? What do you care if you're not going to ever go there even though you're such a big fan of Marvel?

I'm pointing out a clear bias on the boards, thanks for keeping up.

Mike S

I'm pointing out a clear bias on the boards, thanks for keeping up.
Look at the list I provided of Universal developments over the past 4 years and compare them to Disney's and you'll see why the "bias" exists. You can even take away the hotels they've built if you want. Just the parks. Also there was no pressing need for Marvel presence in the same way as Frozen since it's been there since 1999 with two E Tickets that still impress to this day and after this summer both will have received major upgrades since opening. I'll also take a good guess that this new Avengers ride could be ready for the hype of the two parts of Infinity War hitting theaters or shortly after.

asianway

The GOTG re theme was the number one trending news story on Facebook last night. This is starting to spread and I've not seen anything positive about it.
I have. Still 80% negative but seeing a lot of the pixie dusters throwing down the things change card. And just read a post by a mommy who is so happy that her 4 year old speshul snowflake will be able to ride it cuz TOT is scawy

Cesar R M

Uh-huh. They've only had FOUR years to build an Avengers ride. Meanwhile, people complained when a Frozen show debuted the summer after the film's release. :rolleyes:
Didnt take more than 3 years to redo Frozen at Epcot? (taking into account the movie being out until the attraction finishing)

RSoxNo1

So if an arrangement was made with Disney and Universal, it sounds like Disney will allow Universal to make an Avengers attraction using characters from the movie, and in turn Disney can use the Guardians of the Galaxy characters with no issues.

Cesar R M

The difference is that most of the MCU style has migrated over to the comics so in many cases they represent the current style. SLJ Nick fury, Hawkeye without the circus costume, Thor look, etc
Depends.
Some have merged, some others have a different universe.
Like I had mentioned before.
Guardians of the Galaxy currently has 3 arcs going on.

1 Guardians of Infinity
2 Guardians of the Galaxy
3 Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (related to the cartoon and MCU).

Both use similar designs but with some distinctions.
Example.. characters in guardians of the galaxy constantly change suits or details (rocket's suit change from time to time, same with his armor or space suit or guns, Marvel's MCU comic always have the basic weapons and the same identical look in ALL the series)
Not too sure about other Marvel characters, but I know that Iron man constantly changes suits. And the new arc of "all new avengers" have him completely different from your usual (including him being relatively "broke" and who had to sell his Avengers tower and Sam Wilson taking over the Captain America mantle).

Then you have 2 main universes.

Amazing and Ultimate (white nick fury vs black samuel jackson nick fury)
MCU seems to be a mixture but mostly using Ultimate's versions.

mickEblu

@WDW1974 is there a chance that TDA takes another look at this GOTG retheme now that the "rumor" is trending on social media with about a 99% disapproval rate? It's one thing for a few "crazy super fans" to make a big fuss but the general public seems to be just as shocked and dismayed as the rest of us.

If what Micechat says is accurate in regards to the location of the Marvel coaster in Hollywoodlands backlot, then TDA's reasoning has lost me completely. They chose Captain America as the IP for the rumored coaster because it's the best fit for Hollywoodland, yet they want to redo TOT (Hollywoodlands anchor) with possibly the least best fit for Hollywoodland with GOTG?

And if somehow Marvel Land takes over the backlot and TOT and its surrounding area then it still doesn't make sense with the Hyperion theatre and animation building right in the middle. That would leave Hollywoodland as a thin strip in between two Marvel mini lands.

Talk about shoehorning something that doesn't belong. Chapek must not have a creative bone in his body.

Last edited:

asianway

Depends.

1 Guardians of Infinity

Example.. characters in guardians of the galaxy constantly change suits or details (rocket's suit change from time to time, same with his armor or space suit or guns, Marvel's MCU comic always have the basic weapons and the same identical look in ALL the series)
Not too sure about other Marvel characters, but I know that Iron man constantly changes suits. And the new arc of "all new avengers" have him completely different from your usual (including him being relatively "broke" and who had to sell his Avengers tower and Sam Wilson taking over the Captain America mantle).

Black Nick fury is white Nick furys son now in the main universe.

Donaldfan1934

Exactly - which is why fans win, too. Because Universal, you know, actually builds impressive attractions in a timely manner.
This comment is the exact problem with where this thread is going. Disney jadedness and Universal sugarcoating is a huge part of what's making people here believe that an MCU ride will be in Universal's favor. Fact is, the contract never refers to movies specifically because none of them even existed yet. If that was indeed the case, however, I'm sure they would've redesigned the characters to whatever Fox, Sony, and especially Marvel Studios have produced a good while ago. I'd expect them to be restricted to updated versions of the Earth #616 designs for any future changes under the current agreement. And if you think that Disney is currently making a deal with Universal, it certainly wouldn't work in Universal's favor as far as the MCU goes. Disney would never make a deal that could create a likely situation where IoA ends up topping one of the WDW parks. While I could be wrong and there may be a bit of truth to this speculation, said speculation is at least partially driven and highly elevated by a fanboy desire to see Marvel stay and thrive at Universal.

Last edited:

Donaldfan1934

So what you are saying is if Universal wanted to, they could have rethemed the Spider Man Ride to be based on the Tobey Maguire or Andrew Garfield Spiderman? It just seems odd how they would be allowed to base an attraction off of movies made by other studios without their permission, even if it is Marvel. However, let's not forget that The Incredible Hulk (2008) was actually distributed by Universal, and is part of the MCU. So there could be some leniency there in regards to the connecting the Hulk coaster to the MCU.
This is exactly my point. If they could've, they most certainly would've.

Mike S

Depends.

1 Guardians of Infinity

Black Nick fury is white Nick furys son now in the main universe.
Once again, this is why I stick to the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom