Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Mr. Peabody

I totally agree with this statement. I think Winnie the Pooh (2011) could've, and should've, won. I liked Rango, but does anyone even care about that movie anymore? It came out only 5 years ago and I haven't heard anything about it in a while. However, I have seen a fair amount of stuff regarding Winnie the Pooh (2011) despite the fact that it didn't do as well as Rango did at the box office.
Winnie the Pooh is the funniest and best film of the Lasseter-era WDAS.

PizzaPlanet

One thing DCA marvel land will have over IoA, for now, is the MCU...
There is no way universal will ever have the MCU. This would require them working with Marvel Studios (owned by Disney). However they could still build an Avengers ride based on the comics.

AEfx

Industrial Light and Magic did the media.

To be fair, ILM has always been run as an independent/agnostic outfit - they were working on Star Trek and Star Wars movies at the same time in the early 1980's, etc.

That said, given what deal Disney was able to make for Spiderman to appear in Civil War, there is very little these days that I think is "impossible". Something like that (and including the fact that now the new Spidey film will be part of the MCU), is part of this newer trend in licensing deals like this.

It's happening throughout the industry - people are realizing that they can make more working together than competing directly. We tend to think of them as "arch nemesis" types but in truth, they all just wanna make money. For example, a lot of 1980's horror franchises are owned by multiple studios at this point, meaning that one studio may own half the films, another studio may own the other half. Conventional wisdom is that therefore there will never be a box set of those films, yet it's happened in several cases lately because the studios team up realizing that they stand to make more money together than going it alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom