Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Cesar R M

I totally agree with this statement. I think Winnie the Pooh (2011) could've, and should've, won. I liked Rango, but does anyone even care about that movie anymore? It came out only 5 years ago and I haven't heard anything about it in a while. However, I have seen a fair amount of stuff regarding Winnie the Pooh (2011) despite the fact that it didn't do as well as Rango did at the box office.
I think Winnie the Pooh felt too generic and common. Rango felt different and it was a very good CGI style movie.. even if the story is total generic.

RSoxNo1

Shrek has aged HORRIBLY, what with all the timely pop culture references (hey, a Matrix joke! Ha-ha!). Whereas Monsters Inc. is more or less timeless and still very enjoyable today.

To use a comparison- Chariots of Fire won Best Picture over Raiders of the Lost Ark. When was the last time you heard anyone talk about Chariots of Fire? When was the last time it was on TV? It's not a meaningful film, it's the answer to a question at Trivia Night at your local bar.
Shrek 4D sucked when it debuted and continues to suck to this day. Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a quality attraction that had some growing pains. It's in the wrong location, but is otherwise solid.

Donaldfan1934

I think Winnie the Pooh felt too generic and common. Rango felt different and it was a very good CGI style movie.. even if the story is total generic.
How was Pooh generic by 2010's standards? Generic by 2010's standards is any of the jokey, CG animated, pop culture reference fests that have no soul. Pooh was a classic hand drawn Disney movie, which is something you don't see much of anymore. Granted, Rango was different, so you are partially on point.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

2011's Pooh felt like something that was originally slated to be done by DisneyToon and got passed to WDAS instead for some bizarre reason. It's cute, but it is definitely the weakest film of the post-Lasseter period thus far.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Shrek 4D sucked when it debuted and continues to suck to this day. Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is a quality attraction that had some growing pains. It's in the wrong location, but is otherwise solid.

Yeah it's pretty weak, Monsters is a far better attraction and for us it has been a 'must do' the truly bad jokes never get old and the churro bit....

Sensesfailed

While I am a huge fan of Star Lord and the rest of the crew, I just don't think a drop-tower ride would work for that franchise. My buddy and I were brainstorming, just for the lolz, on how to come up with something that would be true to the franchise and be entertaining, without going outside the scope of what ToT is... I don't think we really got anything. Granted, we are no ride designers, but I just don't see how this would work for Disney.

Cesar R M

How was Pooh generic by 2010's standards? Generic by 2010's standards is any of the jokey, CG animated, pop culture reference stuffed fests that have no soul. Pooh was a classic hand drawn Disney movie, which is something you don't see much of anymore. Granted, Rango was different, so you are partially on point.
Thats the point, there are some folks who find the classic well done stuff "boring" and "outdated".
I mean, noone watched Ernest & Celestine for the same issue. Despite being a beautiful movie.

NormC

Rango was one of the few movies I actually wanted my money back. What a disappointment that was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom