Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Donaldfan1934

Is Marvel coming to WDW or not? Hopefully not, it can stay up with the iron clad, forever to used at this theme park Universal. I hope ToT stays as is. They could come up with something that goes hand and hand with either the ToT theme or the general theme of that area when taking a look at what to do with RNRC. The front part of the park looks good. I guess it's a wait and see what they come with in the rest of the park. I have faith it will all fit when it's finished.
Well if Disney somehow got the rights to Marvel full on and not just GotG, then they would create a whole land and probably stay away from Sunset Blvd. entirely. I really wish they did because it would truly round out DHS. If this will continue to be a park that's about celebrating movies as a whole and not just Disney movies, then you have to have a good mix of movie properties. You can't make the park as Pixar heavy as rumored and yet have SWL and GMR is what I'm saying. Marvel would perfectly balance out the park and it would most likely be better themed than the 90'stastic land found at IoA. Hopefully, they'll get something like Indy to balance out the park instead.

Disneyhead'71

image.jpg

mickEblu

Comparing the live action remakes to the animated classics is like comparing apples/ oranges so I'm not going to try. But the conversation on where the animated Jungle Book ranks among all the Disney animated feature films interests me. I think it's somewhere in the Top 10-15.

I think it has great characters and songs but falls a little flat with the story and pacing. Sometimes it feels more like a series of vignettes like Alice in Wonderland. It's also hard to ever be fully invested because for some reason Mowgli is not all that likeable.

I think what makes a Disney Classic is a great story, loveable characters and wonderful songs / music. When considering that criteria, I think only Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and the Lion King fire on all cylinders. Some come close to these 7 but fall short in at least one of the three areas.

HauntedMansionFLA

Well if Disney somehow got the rights to Marvel full on and not just GotG, then they would create a whole land and probably stay away from Sunset Blvd. entirely. I really wish they did because it would truly round out DHS. If this will continue to be a park that's about celebrating movies as a whole and not just Disney movies, then you have to have a good mix of movie properties. You can't make the park as Pixar heavy as rumored and yet have SWL and GMR is what I'm saying. Marvel would perfectly balance out the park and it would most likely be better themed than the 90'stastic land found at IoA. Hopefully, they'll get something like Indy to balance out the park instead.
It would be nice if Disney/Marvel would develop characters outside the Universal contract (there are thousands). I'm getting tired of the same characters in every movie. That's why I haven't been to the last several Marvel movies. Get creative and do something new / different.

mickEblu

So I have been pretty vocal about how I feel about GOTG taking over TOT at DCA (Hate it). I was at the parks Wednesday and decided to ride TOT with an open mind and really critique what works and what doesn't.

After reflecting on the experience, from outside of the hotel, to the queue, to the pre show, to the ride itself I realized what I would really miss most about this ride would be the old Hollywood feel and how this haunted hotel works so well as an anchor for the land. I would miss the queue and that beatiful, haunting jazz music they play outside the hotel / outdoor queue which nobody seems to talk about or notice. Losing this theme / experience in the park, I feel is the biggest loss.

I would slightly miss the tie in to The Twilight Zone because somehow it does a better job of placemaking (through nostalgic feeling for the IP because of its age and place as a classic) and is more effective than the actual show scenes themselves. Just seeing the Twilight zone logo and hearing "Rod Sterlings" voice is a great set up that is not matched by the pre show video content or the show scenes on the ride. At least in DCA's version.

The show scenes could use some work. I feel as if they do not do justice to the Twilight Zone IP. Besides the star field, everything else about the show scenes are kind of cheesy. I guess this is something I always overlooked as I was overtaken by my excitement / anticipation for the drops to come.

So in summation I do not think that TOT is a flawless experience. However, I still don't think that GOTG is the right move here. I think they should actually strengthen the theme they already have going on. I love the old Hollywood theme and coupling that with a Haunted hotel is just classic. Especially with the Red Car trolley outside, the whole thing just works. I will admit that the show scenes could use some work, which would be a lot easier and in my opinion more effective than retheming the entire attraction to GOTG. An Old Haunted hotel anchors Hollywoodland beautifully and is much better suited for DCA in general.

I think Disney should give GOTG the type of attraction it deserves or overlay Star Tours.

Donaldfan1934

It would be nice if Disney/Marvel would develop characters outside the Universal contract (there are thousands). I'm getting tired of the same characters in every movie. That's why I haven't been to the last several Marvel movies. Get creative and do something new / different.
I think the reason why some characters are important in the movie universe is to match their importance in the comic universe. There are thousands of characters, but most of them are very minor in the grand scheme of things and therefore less of a priority.

Wikkler

The show scenes could use some work. I feel as if they do not do justice to the Twilight Zone IP. Besides the star field, everything else about the show scenes are kind of cheesy. I guess this is something I always overlooked as I was overtaken by my excitement / anticipation for the drops to come.
Twilight Zone is cheesy. Cheesiness fits the spirit of the show.

Donaldfan1934

and last Eticket was EE right?
As far as general consensus on this site goes, yes. However, there have been a few since then that Disney billed as such that were either debatable (SDMT) or just flat out not E-tickets (TSMM). I'd consider ST 2.0 to be a completely new E-Ticket, but many here diminish that as just a refurbishment for some strange reason.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom