Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

AEfx

Just wait till you do the California version.

I have, LOL - and to be honest, I didn't miss the "fifth dimension" room much. It's OK, but could have been so much more so honestly I didn't really miss it.

I know I sound very down in general about ToT - I'm not. I actually rather quite like Twilight Zone, period. But to me the last real great attraction built was Splash Mountain - the last time Disney really went all out. ToT is great for what it is - but it's just always felt to me like the pre-show and the finale, with the middle taken out.

Donaldfan1934

I have, LOL - and to be honest, I didn't miss the "fifth dimension" room much. It's OK, but could have been so much more so honestly I didn't really miss it.

I know I sound very down in general about ToT - I'm not. I actually rather quite like Twilight Zone, period. But to me the last real great attraction built was Splash Mountain - the last time Disney really went all out. ToT is great for what it is - but it's just always felt to me like the pre-show and the finale, with the middle taken out.
I agree with your point on Splash Mountain, but only when it come to WDW. DLR got RSR, HKDL got Mystic Manor, and TDR has had a few extraordinary E-tickets since then.

JustInTime

What interactive parts??

WOW. Just wow. First time seeing this. Am completely blown away by the effects!! So cool! Hope the rumors are true!
I haven't been in a while, but interactive queue elements were supposed to be added. I know something with explosives.

Donaldfan1934

What interactive parts??

WOW. Just wow. First time seeing this. Am completely blown away by the effects!! So cool! Hope the rumors are true!
I've been on the DL version and believe me, its even more amzing in person. I remember @WDW1974 mentioned about a year and a half ago that this and Mermaid would get the effects upgrades that were implemented at DLR. Mermaid had its refurb March of last year so it seems very likely that we're getting this.

FigmentForver96

Maybe realism works better theming wise, but I felt that the live-action movie, while overall good, missed most of the heart and soul of the original. I feel the Baloo section of this voice actor comparison sums up my feelings on that front. http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/jungle-book-voice-cast-comparison.php
Dang, really? I mean that's your opinion, but I hated the original jungle book. I respected it for the classic it was but this movie was fantastic. It felt so Disney and I would say their best live action.

Cesar R M

The Pirates refurb happened last year and BTMR is happening during the second half of the year. I assume the $500 million would be regarding things that were were either started on or slated to open between January to June of this year. But even if BTMR is counted in, the amount is still excessive. I would love for Space Mountain to get a proper refurb, but I would be shocked beyond all reasonable belief if anything were to happen involving that before the 50th, let alone in the next year. That's assuming the ride doesn't fall apart on itself before then of course.:banghead:
Part of the 500 might be for newer refurbs AND the new castle shows... who knows.. better ask @marni1971 or someone who has inside sources.

Mike S

Dang, really? I mean that's your opinion, but I hated the original jungle book. I respected it for the classic it was but this movie was fantastic. It felt so Disney and I would say their best live action.
I don't hate the original but I definitely enjoyed the new one more. Loved the whole cast and the kid was great for his first big role.

Matt_Black

I personally think the animated Jungle Book is a tad overrated. It might be one of the stronger films from the period it's in (the post Walt period), but that's not saying much when the competition is made up of films like The Aristocats and Robin Hood.

FrankLapidus

I personally think the animated Jungle Book is a tad overrated. It might be one of the stronger films from the period it's in (the post Walt period), but that's not saying much when the competition is made up of films like The Aristocats and Robin Hood.

I completely disagree but then I don't regard it as one of the "post-Walt" films given how involved he was in pretty much every aspect of it; he threw out Bill Peet's initial story treatment, threw out all of the music that had been written save for "The Bare Necessities", told his story team not to read the book before adapting it. It might have been released after he died but it's his film, it is everything it is because Walt personally stepped in and overhauled pre-production and without that there's no King Louie, the tone, characters and music are all very different, it's just a drastically different film. He was far more involved in this film than he was in others made during that period like Sleeping Beauty or 101 Dalmatians so for me it's very much a part of, and marks the end of, the "Walt era" irrespective of it being released after he died because but it's the last film that really bears his influence, arguably moreso than any of the other animated features that the Studio produced after Lady and the Tramp.

Matt_Black

Well, let's be honest- it ain't even in the same league as Lady & The Tramp or Sleeping Beauty. Those films are like Stone Cold or The Rock. The Jungle Book is The Miz. Perfectly serviceable, but missing that something to credibly be in the main event.

Donaldfan1934

Different strokes for different folks. Some people feel my way, some people feel your way, and others like both equally. I thought the movie was good, I just think the original did a lot better in a few key areas.

Donaldfan1934

Actually, Jungle Book would be at the tail end of the Walt era. While it came out almost a year after his death, it was the last movie he ever oversaw. But I would agree that the quality of the films immediately following it certainly had a part in creating its more significant place in film history.

HauntedMansionFLA

Is Marvel coming to WDW or not? Hopefully not, it can stay up with the iron clad, forever to used at this theme park Universal. I hope ToT stays as is. They could come up with something that goes hand and hand with either the ToT theme or the general theme of that area when taking a look at what to do with RNRC. The front part of the park looks good. I guess it's a wait and see what they come with in the rest of the park. I have faith it will all fit when it's finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom