Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Cesar R M

I was wondering how that was done. Can you explain how this works?
Probably similar to what they did test for Magical Mickey at Magic Kingdom.

Where the performer had a "joy stick" in his mouth.
and used his tongue to move the voice option, and then the computer in the head would articulate that selected voice.
Probably too complex, and hence why theres a tech selecting the words now from backstage.

Bairstow

and used his tongue to move the voice option, and then the computer in the head would articulate that selected voice.
Probably too complex, and hence why theres a tech selecting the words now from backstage.

Gross!

https://www.disneyresearch.com/project/a-tongue-input-device-for-creating-conversations/

tonguething.png

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
That sounds interesting. Link?

Also, the solution:

No link; word of mouth, so forgive me if something was lost in translation.
As I understand it, sensors in the gloves detect specific motions, which trigger the specific audio clips. I think Chewie works in a similar fashion, though I assume his clips aren't as varied.
I have to assume, also, that there's a secondary trigger (more like a safety) for these clips, so they don't go off on accident when Vader is just moving.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This is why sometimes I wonder if folks on this board follow any other topic aside from Disney, or realize that Disney does not exist in a bubble.

Find one major corporation that isn't guilty of everything folks harp on about "just trying to please stockholders" or being profit driven. The corporate environment has changed so dramatically in the past decade, it's simply wishful thinking to think that anyone else would have done any differently and kept their job any length of time. P&R has simply made more and more money - only a fan would think that it was logical to continue to pump money into an already wildly profitable division. The feature film business was in the toilet. Now that the income there is taken care of and Disney is at the top again, they are spending more $ on P&R.

Do I like this situation? Not a bit. Do I wish they had spent lavishly on the parks? Absolutely. But I live in the real world, and increasingly when folks can't go two posts without focusing all their anger/hate at Darth Iger, I think folks really need a reality check of their own.

The problem with Darth Iger is that he has turned Disney into the poster child for what's wrong with American business, When you need money for a project you don't cut back on a massive share repurchase program instead you shortchange your customers and employees. You come up with creative ways around the laws on H1B staff replacing US staff (illegal BTW), You hold TV viewers hostage when your cable company does not want to pay for the latest ESPN price increase driven in large part by Ego driven sports deals where the need to 'GET THE SHINY OBJECT' drives you to pay far above what the actual market value is. Disneys NFL package the one that cost TWICE as much as the next nearest NFL package BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE A SUPERBOWL GAME like every other NFL package was driven by an ego which said 'MUST HAVE NFL at ANY PRICE'

Really what's to like about Today's Disney?

Rodan75

1. Interesting that this weekend this news started to break into the pop culture mainstream via Nerdist.
2. Also Interesting that someone leaked that Ike pretty much killed Inhumans by doing some corporate angling and putting Inhumans out of play for Feige. (Still not sure how that would limit Feige, if Marvel Studios really wanted to push forward)

While not obviously connected you could read both of those as Ike is working to reestablish his power base after losing Marvel Studios from his responsibilities.

Mike S

1. Interesting that this weekend this news started to break into the pop culture mainstream via Nerdist.
2. Also Interesting that someone leaked that Ike pretty much killed Inhumans by doing some corporate angling and putting Inhumans out of play for Feige. (Still not sure how that would limit Feige, if Marvel Studios really wanted to push forward)

While not obviously connected you could read both of those as Ike is working to reestablish his power base after losing Marvel Studios from his responsibilities.
Just looked that up. They gave "the site that shall not be named" credit for the rumor.

MonkeyHead

Feige has already gone on record saying it WILL happen, but with the addition of Spidey and Ant-Man and the Wasp and more importantly and recently Indy 5 on Disney's timetable, it only made sense to push it to Phase 4.

MonkeyHead

Why do I have the feeling this bar is gonna be a bunch of bottles just stacked on the existing wooden desk - just like the temporary bars they set up during peak?

Cesar R M

No link; word of mouth, so forgive me if something was lost in translation.
As I understand it, sensors in the gloves detect specific motions, which trigger the specific audio clips. I think Chewie works in a similar fashion, though I assume his clips aren't as varied.
I have to assume, also, that there's a secondary trigger (more like a safety) for these clips, so they don't go off on accident when Vader is just moving.
ohhh, some sort of glove that "reads" sign language?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...e-sign-language-movements-spoken-English.html

I wouldnt be surprised if the tech is similar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom