Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Soarin' Over Pgh

readImage

41522edb4f42599180c0c0982df855213164a9577ae3f97d45a03b18dd159c23.jpg

PorterRedkey

There was discussion of DHS' overhaul + additional funds for Epcot and MK being in the 3-3.5 billion range
That must be what he is talking about. Except he just reported it on 4/17. I guess he is late to the party, so to speak. It mainly talks about a land behind Frontierland being built for MK's 50th which I know has also be talked about here. With all the cuts, I doubt this is true, but I can hope.

Here is the post:

"50th Anniversary Celebration / Park Expansion - Rumor - (4/17/16) I'm not sure of a timeline, but following along with the rumor that Walt Disney World is seeking over $3 billion from the corporate budget over the next several years to fund some major new capital expansion projects at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios parks, we've now hearing the focus of the Magic Kingdom's vision for the funds would be to expand the park behind Frontierland, perhaps seeking to follow the example of what is going on at Disneyland and fill in the area behind Tom Sawyer's Island with new attractions and maybe even a new land of some kind.
While the new Star Wars Land is going into this same general area out of California, the Magic Kingdom is an entirely different story, with nearly unlimited possibilities of what could possibly take residence in the area running from behind Big Thunder Mountain over to the Haunted Mansion.
Again... all rumors and speculation right now, but timeline-wise, this would match up perfectly with a way for Walt Disney World to ring in the resort’s big 50th Anniversary Celebration starting in late 2021, wouldn't it?"

Cesar R M

using new versions of the same characters. THAT won't confuse any casual fans
Well, I wonder if they did just to distance themselves from the source material, or to redo the same story.
I mean, it worked.. partially.. for Spiderman and then Amazing Spiderman.
I wonder if we will get then Ultimate Spiderman (which could be in the MCU along with black nick fury)

RSoxNo1

In my opinion (which is always humble... of course) DHS, Epcot, AK could all use 3 billion $$ each to fix, improve, and plus those parks.

Does MK really need it? It's already the number puller... maybe get the others up to par before MK. A better transportation system would be great while we're dreaming.
Given the way Disney spends money that should get you 3 E-tickets.

If you gave me $3 billion on top of the current projects in the works (Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars), I could fix all 4 parks. If Disney can't do that it's shameful.

MK: Fantasyland expansion. It's a small world and Tomorrowland Speedway are relocated, Tomorrowland gets redone w/Carousel of Progress relocated. Fantasyland expansion would include Peter Pan, Tangled, Frozen on it's a small world side and something else on Tomorrowland side
Epcot: Future World improvements: Imagination, Universe of Energy overhauls with family friendly, non IP driven e-tickets. Fix SSE ending. It's a Small World to Showcase Plaza. Carousel of Progress and Horizons Century 3 attraction in new pavilion on Wonders of Life footprint. Peoplemover in Future World. When all that is complete, evict Nemo and Frozen
Hollywood Studios: Expand Pixar footprint to include Speedway style Cars attraction with miniature rock work. Additional Pixar attractions to be added, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster courtyard to be connected to current Animation Courtyard area.
Animal Kingdom: Fix the Yeti, Redo Dinorama into character driven area, Expand Kali River Rapids, Add lion exhibit on pathway between Avatar and Festival of the Lion King, add Orangutans and Red Pandas to Asia section of the park.

Mike S

Given the way Disney spends money that should get you 3 E-tickets.

If you gave me $3 billion on top of the current projects in the works (Avatar, Toy Story and Star Wars), I could fix all 4 parks. If Disney can't do that it's shameful.

MK: Fantasyland expansion. It's a small world and Tomorrowland Speedway are relocated, Tomorrowland gets redone w/Carousel of Progress relocated. Fantasyland expansion would include Peter Pan, Tangled, Frozen on it's a small world side and something else on Tomorrowland side
Epcot: Future World improvements: Imagination, Universe of Energy overhauls with family friendly, non IP driven e-tickets. Fix SSE ending. It's a Small World to Showcase Plaza. Carousel of Progress and Horizons Century 3 attraction in new pavilion on Wonders of Life footprint. Peoplemover in Future World. When all that is complete, evict Nemo and Frozen
Hollywood Studios: Expand Pixar footprint to include Speedway style Cars attraction with miniature rock work. Additional Pixar attractions to be added, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster courtyard to be connected to current Animation Courtyard area.
Animal Kingdom: Fix the Yeti, Redo Dinorama into character driven area, Expand Kali River Rapids, Add lion exhibit on pathway between Avatar and Festival of the Lion King, add Orangutans and Red Pandas to Asia section of the park.
If there were no limits I'd agree completely but change one thing: Instead of expanding Kali we get an indoor Pirates level Jungle Book boat ride. Somewhere between the DL and MK versions.

The only thing I can think of Marvel related that would come to DHS would be the recommended restaurant that I talked about in my other topic I started along with hands on interactive games, and like a marvel themed arena where you can be a superhero or your favorite supervillain! Here's where they can build statues too! I'd put it in dhs though n it disney springs...thinking that could've replaced disneyquest.

PiratesoftheHM

OK, I'm completely flabbergasted by this. I first discovered this thread in line at Jungle Cruise at MK a few days after it was posted. Made me sick to stomach then and even worse now.

Reading the thread about this on Micechat... I can't comprehend what is wrong with my fellow DLR fans. I've only been to WDW once in the past 5 years but still prefer this site in the past few months because it seems like the announcement of SWL basically cleaned out Micechat of any non-pixie dusters. Check it out if you want to be annoyed.

Everyone is saying.. "Well, if it wasn't the Twilight Zone it would have a bigger pull to get my kids to want to ride it". So Jungle Cruise, HM, Small World (where are the fans that insistently complain about this now?) etc. all need a franchise pull? People are saying the ride will be the same and that's the real pull so who cares.. DINOSAUR and Indiana Jones Adventure have the exact same track and one is largely superior.

I'm sorry but I simply can't understand anyone's logic in thinking this is in any way a remotely good move for either park. It's especially horrible to ruin the superior and park anchor in DHS (It's the !@=?#@! park icon right now, and TWDC is even considering ruining it?). And one element of DCA (and arguably one of the only elements that fit HollywoodLand) that supports the California-theme, which they have just worked hard to enhance w/ Grizzly Peak Airfield, BVS, Cars Land (sort of), going away to bring in outer-space super heroes.....

Also, maybe this just adds to my bias, but I did not enjoy the movie at all. I enjoy super hero movies occasionally, mostly Spiderman and Batman.

This is just a no-brainer. It disturbs me that there are supposedly real theme park fans that support this.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The only thing I can think of Marvel related that would come to DHS would be the recommended restaurant that I talked about in my other topic I started along with hands on interactive games, and like a marvel themed arena where you can be a superhero or your favorite supervillain! Here's where they can build statues too! I'd put it in dhs though n it disney springs...thinking that could've replaced disneyquest.

Marvel had plans to develop something like this back when the contract was signed with Universal, so the contract allows for it, but not within 60 miles of a Universal park.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know Jim Hill said GotG can only be used for a limited time - basically until the GotG are in Infinity Wars with the Avengers. Is there any truth to this?

Also, Screamscape reported that WDW is asking for 3 billion from the Board of Directors for WDW. This sounds like BS to me. Anyone hear if this is true?

Sounds like screamscape is a little behind the times, 3 Billion is the budget for DHS.

Filby61

Reading the thread about this on Micechat... I can't comprehend what is wrong with my fellow DLR fans. I've only been to WDW once in the past 5 years but still prefer this site in the past few months because it seems like the announcement of SWL basically cleaned out Micechat of any non-pixie dusters. Check it out if you want to be annoyed.

Sign of the times in Anaheim. Micechat's forum (what's left of it after the site's management turned their backs on it) has become mostly a hangout for pixie dusted AP lifestylers. Like the locals that crowd Disneyland, they eagerly lap up whatever Kool-aid Disney gives them. Alternate voices and critical discussions have all but disappeared on that forum.

Mike S

Sign of the times in Anaheim. Micechat's forum (what's left of it after the site's management turned their backs on it) has become mostly a hangout for pixie dusted AP lifestylers. Like the locals that crowd Disneyland, they eagerly lap up whatever Kool-aid Disney gives them. Alternate voices and critical discussions have all but disappeared on that forum.
Thank god for Magic. Best Disney site out there :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom