Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Cesar R M

But you could come off of it loving it? It's not really about "riding to ride". I just think you're doing yourself a disservice just because you aren't attached to said property. I don't fall all over Harry Potter either but the entire experience is incredible. Oh well. I don't think I can change that mind of yours. I tried ;)
might as well enter the park with a paper bag on the head.. so you cant see anything and thus no attachment :p

It's different because if I see a new ride at WDW
according to who?
Pretty sure they just raised the park tickets with their "surge pricing". Plus the hotels are priced exorbitantly high.

BrerJon

Exactly. Today's EPCOT is a bore, a terrible bore, largely. Please don't tell the EPCOT Explorer this as he is in his first year of being an APer so the fact he can go more than twice a year might be clouding his opinions on how sad the place is.

I can't see how today's Epcot could possibly inspire anyone in a measurable way. Not like EPCOT Center inspired in the 80s and 90s. There is a nice urban/CM/Fanboi/Lifestyler myth that people were bored to tears with EC in its glory ... I am sure some were, but there are plenty of people bored and disinterested in that amazing MK of today.

There is no way any kid with a hint of imagination could have been bored by a day that included a trip to Seabase Alpha via a hydrolator, a trip to the future via Horizons, through history via World of Motion and Spaceship Earth, and experiencing near future tech in Communicore.

Kids found EPCOT Center thrilling and inspiring, which is why it's so mourned today. Yes today's Future World is a ghost town shadow of a park, but in its day it was incredible.

Kman101

I'm just tired of Disney doing the bare minimum when it comes to most everything.

Didn't used to be this way

And we seem to get it worst in the swamps. It really is give as little as possible and take as much as possible. Great for them, of course ($$$) because why care when you won't be around in a few years and it's on to the next paper pushing job ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If marvel would come to DHS does anyone know officially if universal will still keep its marvel properties? Latest I'm hearing reporting from screamscape could Universal transform Its Marvel land into a DC Land? Could it work? Leave the Tower of Terror alone please, in terms of changing it to GOTG.

There is no indication Universal plans to give up the rights anytime soon. From last year:

"Asked in an interview in July if Universal would ever sell those rights, Thomas L. Williams, Universal’s theme park chairman, answered with one word: “No.”"

and if they do manage to work anything Marvel into DHS they won't be able to use the Marvel name.

There was a posting on Screamscape recently about the Unviersal/Marvel agreement, indicating that there were talks and the article listed all kinds of concessions Universal would give Disney, but listed absolutely nothing Universal would get in return. That doesn't sound very credible to me.

PhotoDave219

There is no indication Universal plans to give up the rights anytime soon. From last year:

"Asked in an interview in July if Universal would ever sell those rights, Thomas L. Williams, Universal’s theme park chairman, answered with one word: “No.”"

and if they do manage to work anything Marvel into DHS they won't be able to use the Marvel name.

There was a posting on Screamscape recently about the Unviersal/Marvel agreement, indicating that there were talks and the article listed all kinds of concessions Universal would give Disney, but listed absolutely nothing Universal would get in return. That doesn't sound very credible to me.

The current arrangement makes Universal a lot of money. Theres no way they'll let that cash cow get killed.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
unless they find good voice actors/comediants that mimic the voices.
And develop enough tech that they could put an articulated, rotating head on a puppet that has to sit on the shoulder of a performer (so can't be too heavy) plus a battery pack for the mechanics AND a battery pack for a speaker?
Disney MIGHT be capable, but there's no way they'd put the money in it. Especially when they JUST came out with the genius way that Vader gets to choose which phrase he gets to say...

Bairstow

And develop enough tech that they could put an articulated, rotating head on a puppet that has to sit on the shoulder of a performer (so can't be too heavy) plus a battery pack for the mechanics AND a battery pack for a speaker?
Disney MIGHT be capable, but there's no way they'd put the money in it. Especially when they JUST came out with the genius way that Vader gets to choose which phrase he gets to say...

That sounds interesting. Link?

Also, the solution:

AEfx

Again, only Disney ... only Disney.

This is why sometimes I wonder if folks on this board follow any other topic aside from Disney, or realize that Disney does not exist in a bubble.

Find one major corporation that isn't guilty of everything folks harp on about "just trying to please stockholders" or being profit driven. The corporate environment has changed so dramatically in the past decade, it's simply wishful thinking to think that anyone else would have done any differently and kept their job any length of time. P&R has simply made more and more money - only a fan would think that it was logical to continue to pump money into an already wildly profitable division. The feature film business was in the toilet. Now that the income there is taken care of and Disney is at the top again, they are spending more $ on P&R.

Do I like this situation? Not a bit. Do I wish they had spent lavishly on the parks? Absolutely. But I live in the real world, and increasingly when folks can't go two posts without focusing all their anger/hate at Darth Iger, I think folks really need a reality check of their own.

RSoxNo1

I was wondering how that was done. Can you explain how this works?

Mike S

This is why sometimes I wonder if folks on this board follow any other topic aside from Disney, or realize that Disney does not exist in a bubble.

Find one major corporation that isn't guilty of everything folks harp on about "just trying to please stockholders" or being profit driven. The corporate environment has changed so dramatically in the past decade, it's simply wishful thinking to think that anyone else would have done any differently and kept their job any length of time. P&R has simply made more and more money - only a fan would think that it was logical to continue to pump money into an already wildly profitable division. The feature film business was in the toilet. Now that the income there is taken care of and Disney is at the top again, they are spending more $ on P&R.

Do I like this situation? Not a bit. Do I wish they had spent lavishly on the parks? Absolutely. But I live in the real world, and increasingly when folks can't go two posts without focusing all their anger/hate at Darth Iger, I think folks really need a reality check of their own.
I don't think that meant only Disney does it. I think it meant only Disney does it with a huge legion of fans defending every bit of it.

jensenrick

Some of us want Marvel in the parks. There are those of us who love both Disney and Marvel and are tickled pink that the buyout happened. And for those who say, "Why not go to Universal?" Because I don't want to. I want to see new stuff that the Imagineers cooked up. Like it or not, Marvel is now part of the family, no different than Pixar or the Muppets. What if, tomorrow, Disney licensed Song of the South to Uni, and Splash Mountain was uprooted and moved to the Studios? (Unlikely, granted, but go with it for a moment.) All you folks who love Splash Mountain would be cool with buying tickets for a completely different park and driving out of your way?

You don't go to Universal? Like, at all?! Dude, I thought you were more open-minded than that.

jensenrick

Does Uni have Hawkeye or Ant-Man meet & greets? Because then I'll go maybe.

You should put that in the suggestion box. I've suggested before that they should freshen up the rotation of Superhero M&Gs - I've certainly seen some Team Members doing stilt work over at the Mummy that could pull off a Thor or Hercules. Heck, even Black Panther seems to be on the zeitgeist these days- I really wish they would rotate some of those in.

jensenrick

jensenrick

If marvel would come to DHS does anyone know officially if universal will still keep its marvel properties? Latest I'm hearing reporting from screamscape could Universal transform Its Marvel land into a DC Land? Could it work?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! If they ruin Marvel Super Hero Island . . . my blood boils just thinking about it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom