Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

seabreezept813

Careful.. may induce murdering feelings to hardcore fanboys of those series.. specially Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star Wars and Firefly

I'm more concerned my students won't understand any of the references I mentioned Fozzy Bear in class today when one kid was singing that Waka Waka Shakira song and they all looked at me like I had 6 heads...

Cesar R M

Nothing is ever confirmed in... The Twilight Zone.
9IvqC7L.gif

DIXt42l.gif

Kman101

I think it's just going to be a very basic bar. I don't know that hopes should be raised, but I don't know any info so guess we'll see what they do, but I hope no one is expecting Trader Sam/Hangar level. I can't see that.

Rodan75

Feige has already gone on record saying it WILL happen, but with the addition of Spidey and Ant-Man and the Wasp and more importantly and recently Indy 5 on Disney's timetable, it only made sense to push it to Phase 4.

Yeah. I think that was foreshadowing bad news. It was un-dated. Not re-dated. I think it will happen as well, but there have been rumors about Ike's meddling with Inhumans a couple of times.

Matt_Black

Yeah. I think that was foreshadowing bad news. It was un-dated. Not re-dated. I think it will happen as well, but there have been rumors about Ike's meddling with Inhumans a couple of times.

It might just be they want to see what the reaction is to the Inhumans stuff on Agents of SHIELD and make sure the film and TV versions gel and are consistent with each other. Unlike the Flash movie pitch, which seems to be a direct, "Up yours" to the producers of the TV series, using new versions of the same characters. THAT won't confuse any casual fans....:rolleyes:

PorterRedkey

It might just be they want to see what the reaction is to the Inhumans stuff on Agents of SHIELD and make sure the film and TV versions gel and are consistent with each other. Unlike the Flash movie pitch, which seems to be a direct, "Up yours" to the producers of the TV series, using new versions of the same characters. THAT won't confuse any casual fans....:rolleyes:
I love the Flash on CW!

DC has decided to keep their "Cinematic World" and "TV Universe" (really a TV multi-verse) separate. I think DC needs to make a movie that is not only successful but also good. The 2 new DC Superman movies made millions but, weren't all that great. DC needs to do this before they try to incorporate the TV characters (not that they will try to now).

I hope Suicide Squad is a success with fans and critics. At least it isn't directed by Zach Snyder.

FigmentJedi

I love the Flash on CW!

DC has decided to keep their "Cinematic World" and "TV Universe" (really a TV multi-verse) separate. I think DC needs to make a movie that is not only successful but also good. The 2 new DC Superman movies made millions but, weren't all that great. DC needs to do this before they try to incorporate the TV characters (not that they will try to now).

I hope Suicide Squad is a success with fans and critics. At least it isn't directed by Zach Snyder.
Swear I read something that they were keeping them separate universes for now, but a "Crisis on Two Earths" style event happening between the two is a possibility.

Matt_Black

I love the Flash on CW!

And that's fine. However, if they wanted to use a Rogue to be a mercenary, as seems to be the case for the casting call list, then Mirror Master would make more sense, as that's been a facet of pretty much every iteration of the character. That is NOT the case with Captain Cold, which is who they are going with. With the WB, as has happened in the past, the various divisions act not so much like one hand not knowing what the other is doing, but rather like the one hand is actively trying to spite the other hand.

PorterRedkey

And that's fine. However, if they wanted to use a Rogue to be a mercenary, as seems to be the case for the casting call list, then Mirror Master would make more sense, as that's been a facet of pretty much every iteration of the character. That is NOT the case with Captain Cold, which is who they are going with. With the WB, as has happened in the past, the various divisions act not so much like one hand not knowing what the other is doing, but rather like the one hand is actively trying to spite the other hand.

The TV shows have to know what each other are doing. They crossover all the time - successfully! I like comic books too but just think of this as another comic book revision. Origin stories and character arcs get changed all the time in comics, but when TV or movies what to have a different take people get upset.
You can't control what a tv a show will do with the characters. You just have to go along for the ride. If you don't like the ride, stop watching.
I love the actor's performance of Captain Cold. I just think Legend of Tomorrow is subpar.

Did you like the Zach Snyder DC movies, Matt?

Anywho... So Marvel is coming to the WDW?

Matt_Black

Did you like the Zach Snyder DC movies, Matt?

I've only seen Watchmen, which was decent. In fact, in many ways it improved on the original story, which some fans might consider blasphemy. I've not watched Man of Steel or BvS, simply because I did not like what I saw in the trailers. Superman is NOT Batman, and DC is trying to make Superman as Batman-like in mood and theme as possible, and that's no Superman I want a part. The Donner/ Reeves Superman? THAT was Superman. Lois & Clark on ABC? THAT was Superman. Bruce Timm's animated series? THAT was Superman.

PorterRedkey

I've only seen Watchmen, which was decent. In fact, in many ways it improved on the original story, which some fans might consider blasphemy. I've not watched Man of Steel or BvS, simply because I did not like what I saw in the trailers. Superman is NOT Batman, and DC is trying to make Superman as Batman-like in mood and theme as possible, and that's no Superman I want a part. The Donner/ Reeves Superman? THAT was Superman. Lois & Clark on ABC? THAT was Superman. Bruce Timm's animated series? THAT was Superman.
I totally agree Superman is the light - truth, justice and the "American" way. Batman is the dark. The Bat uses fear, Superman provides hope.

I thought the Watchman comic book was incredible, so I would have liked the original ending. I like the Director's cut the best, the one the does NOT include the Black Freighter animated material but, does include more about the original Night Owl and his death.

PorterRedkey

I know Jim Hill said GotG can only be used for a limited time - basically until the GotG are in Infinity Wars with the Avengers. Is there any truth to this?

Also, Screamscape reported that WDW is asking for 3 billion from the Board of Directors for WDW. This sounds like BS to me. Anyone hear if this is true?

RSoxNo1

I know Jim Hill said GotG can only be used for a limited time - basically until the GotG are in Infinity Wars with the Avengers. Is there any truth to this?

Also, Screamscape reported that WDW is asking for 3 billion from the Board of Directors for WDW. This sounds like BS to me. Anyone hear if this is true?
There was discussion of DHS' overhaul + additional funds for Epcot and MK being in the 3-3.5 billion range

Soarin' Over Pgh

There was discussion of DHS' overhaul + additional funds for Epcot and MK being in the 3-3.5 billion range

In my opinion (which is always humble... of course) DHS, Epcot, AK could all use 3 billion $$ each to fix, improve, and plus those parks.

Does MK really need it? It's already the number puller... maybe get the others up to par before MK. A better transportation system would be great while we're dreaming.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
1. Interesting that this weekend this news started to break into the pop culture mainstream via Nerdist.
2. Also Interesting that someone leaked that Ike pretty much killed Inhumans by doing some corporate angling and putting Inhumans out of play for Feige. (Still not sure how that would limit Feige, if Marvel Studios really wanted to push forward)

While not obviously connected you could read both of those as Ike is working to reestablish his power base after losing Marvel Studios from his responsibilities.
Great just what Disney needs a replay of the Eisner vs Katzenberg battles not to mention Eisner vs Ovitz

Phicinfan

I am pretty sure spirit has killed this concern, calling out the legal staff for WDW and Uni have a firm understanding of what can and cannot be done, and if it can't be done, WDW would not have even looked at this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

GotG already has a relationship with the Avengers in the comics, so if them appearing in a movie with the Avengers would be enough to give Universal exclusivity I would think that the comic connection would cause that also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom