Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

Matt_Black

Wolverine has been at Universal since the very beginning of their deal with Marvel. He was in the stage show I remember seeing back in 1995, which I'm fairly certain was the first Marvel-based "attraction" at Universal.

Edit: just looked it up. The heroes involved were Wolverine, Storm, Spider-Man, and Iron Man. I didn't see villains listed, but I remember Sabretooth and Crimson Dynamo. I THINK Doom was the leader of the villains. Show ran 1993-1995.

Crimson Dynamo? That really dates the show. Back when we were glad the Cold War was ended, but sad because the easy villain motivation of "he's a Commie!" was now lost to us.

Mike S

We all know the solution to the current issues at the Disney Parks the question is are you willing to back it with action

DON'T GIVE DISNEY YOUR MONEY. Skip the parks and tell your friends and relatives to do the same. At the same time write to executive management of Disney and tell them WHY you have stopped your multiple visits per year. If they offer 'free' stuff politely decline if they send it to you write 'refused' on it and send it back.

Cancel your AP and ask for a pro-rated refund.

Sell your Disney stock

I've done these things - Full Disclosure I still have DVC but points have been banked for this UY.
If my sister becomes a CP like she said she wants to do, I won't have to pay for Disney anymore ;)

Monoblanco13

I am not particularly for the Marvel re-theme of ToT but its not like the attraction isn't currently tied to an IP. I know lots of people are upset about another IP coming in correct?

baymenxpac

I don't see what the big fuzz is about. If they keep the elevator feel and thrill with some retheme or whatever, who cares? From Disney's perspective they will stop paying royalty to CBS and promote one of their franchises. The only question is once GoTG become avengers, then what? They gotta retheme it again? lol

I have no ties to twilight zone. Never watched it. Not sure what the show was about. Don't care about its theme. So to me, personally, it's more about if they will keep the drop, and I'm pretty sure they will.

in fairness, i, too, don't know what the big fuzz is all about. it seems like every time i swiffer, it just comes back out of nowhere!

Rodan75

So after thinking this through..does anyone else think that the Bar is potentially a last gasp attempt at trying to save ToT as it is? Bev Sales could likely cover whatever merchandise sales that would be generated by a GOTG tower. And you couldn't really get away (at Disney anyway) with putting a bar in WDW's first Marvel character themed attraction.

ThemeParkJunkee

I really hoped this idea had died quietly in the past few weeks. I was extremely disappointed to read Mr. Spirits update. I just reduced my position in DIS to exactly 5 shares, one for each grandchild. I don't have an AP, I wouldn't be able to get my money's worth. I have postponed my next visit to 2018 or 2019 with DH concurring it is for the best despite his love of US HHN and Avatar. Time to type out a letter to some higher ups. Who best to contact? I would like to write an actual letter.

Animaniac93-98

So after thinking this through..does anyone else think that the Bar is potentially a last gasp attempt at trying to save ToT as it is?

Not sure if it's to "save" ToT, but I do feel like there's a conflict of interest between the two projects. It doesn't make sense to add a new bar themed to the attraction as is, only to change it less than 6 months later.

FigmentForver96

I am not particularly for the Marvel re-theme of ToT but its not like the attraction isn't currently tied to an IP. I know lots of people are upset about another IP coming in correct?
It's not the ip that's a problem it's the ip they now wish to place on the ride. That ride was created as the anchor for the entire Sunset Blvd expansion in the 90s. The hotel theming all works together to tell a story and the ip furthers that story. The ip actually works very very well. Guardians of the Galaxy, however, does not fit the story.

Mike S

My sources echo Spirits - WDW is not yet a done deal.
tumblr_lhh9mu1v6W1qafrh6.gif

lazyboy97o

So after thinking this through..does anyone else think that the Bar is potentially a last gasp attempt at trying to save ToT as it is? Bev Sales could likely cover whatever merchandise sales that would be generated by a GOTG tower. And you couldn't really get away (at Disney anyway) with putting a bar in WDW's first Marvel character themed attraction.
The bar project is something that could be coming out of Florida by people not involved in or [officially] aware of the Guardians of the Galaxy project.

Launchpad McQuack

To me (and I'm assuming most people), it's not a matter of "oh no, not another IP in WDW." Instead it's a matter of "why would anyone even think of tampering with an already perfect attraction that is both extremely popular and iconic to the park?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom