Marvel coming to WDW?!?!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is what DHS currently looks like. Does anyone really think this park could survive without ToT for 6 months + if they go through with the retheme?

hollywood-map-jpg.138047

It would be almost like 1989 all over again

Cesar R M

Exactly. The fact that GOTG has been used, indicates that the families are not tied to where they first appeared or had a major story line.

During the Sony hack, we saw that the way that the families were managed for the Sony deal was sloppy making some unrelated characters part of the Spidey-Verse and not including others that clearly could/should have been (I believe Spider-Woman is technically outside of the Sony film rights) and that there was a reconciliation process for determining character film rights, we've seen similar with Fox and Marvel (Quicksilver). The Universal/Marvel contract could be similarly not concrete and since they didn't take the global expansion, it could be more limited than we are assuming.

The boards have made a lot of assumptions on the family management and style guide. The truth is we don't have all of those details and it is hard to infer the details because Universal has done little to update character designs or costumes to show what they have access to.

The only thing we know for sure is that Disney can clearly use GOTG and BH6 in FL without Marvel Branding and Universal has the rights to the characters they are currently using in theme parks east of the Mississippi in perpetuity (potentially with modern Style Guides, potentially with locked 90's style guides)
Or they could use the older Guardians?. On the bad side...they are darn ugly...
And it includes the mohawk purplish Yon du and Charlie 3000 (which is pretty much a cheap juggernaut).
And Captain Glory is pretty much the future's captain America. and they call themselves "the future's avengers".

Cesar R M

... Fur characters, generally, don't talk.
but Rocket would probably have to be an animatronic or a puppet a la Donkey at UNI.

unless you want to go the cosplay way and hire a dwarf/midget (pardon for those with short stature, but I have no idea how to mention their size without sounding bad ) or a kid... or simply a giant rocket..

Case 1: Kid or very short person in Rocket costume
20151031_133047-1.jpg

rocket_raccoon_by_stillreflection-d7pzn0v.jpg

Case 2: Full sized Rocket
tumblr_msgvq1feCb1qcfwtno1_1280.jpg

rocket_raccoon_aacc_2014_04_by_defyinghell-d7awr9p.jpg

rocket_raccoon_aacc_2014_01_by_defyinghell-d7awqrx.jpg

tumblr_n5bznrvlWX1qmzikoo1_1280(2).jpg

DisneyRoy

but Rocket would probably have to be an animatronic or a puppet a la Donkey at UNI.

unless you want to go the cosplay way and hire a dwarf/midget (pardon for those with short stature, but I have no idea how to mention their size without sounding bad ) or a kid... or simply a giant rocket..

View attachment 138881
View attachment 138882

View attachment 138883
View attachment 138884
View attachment 138885
View attachment 138886

At first I thought NO not a full sized Rocket! But looking at those pics they don't look half bad actually. I would think they go that way. However....I hope they don't have to with this IP. As much as I loved the Guardians, this is an epically bad idea.

Mike S

View attachment 138881
View attachment 138882

View attachment 138883
View attachment 138884
View attachment 138885
View attachment 138886
The first one is so freaking cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom