magical moment certificate

Pippa

Myself and Glen got a MMC on Nov 28 2005 at Le Cellier as it was the last day of our honeymoon and also my birthday, we also got a free dessert of chocolate mousse to share :slurp:

eils

awww these magical moments sound like fun!. when we were last in wdw(2005) there was a little boy from the uk and he got to announce "all aboard" on the magic kingdom railroad.i thought it was so cute and it must have made his holiday:)

JuicyJessie

we give MMC's out everyday at the Rose and Crown, I love that part of the job, there is a very special one we give out to a child that has something to do with Illuminations :sohappy:

kcnole

I didn't get one of those, but the best to me was my last visit when my wife and I came on part II of our honeymoon. A couple of days into our visit we came back to our room at the Pop Century to find a couple of big baloons with a congratulations card and picture of Mickey and Minnie which had been signed by them. We kept it. It was pretty magical.

thebestporter

We give out MMC's at Pecos daily, probably about 3-4 times a day (at least when I worked there last summer). We would do a "Sheriff of the Day", where we find a child 6-8 years old and have him/her recite "The Code of the West". They recieved a photo of them and their family souped up in our cowboy hats, a free piece of pie, a sheriff's badge, and the MMC.

Another thing we would do is play a game called "Yee-Haw", and we would take three mothers or fathers from the dining room and have them stand on the balcony area in front of everyone, and the person who yelled "Yee-Haw!" the loudest won a free piece of pie, an MMC, and a photo.

At least I think that's how it goes... I've been away for too long >_>
But it was definitely the best part of my day, seeing the child's eyes light up (or cower in fright when we embarrass them!)

applelific

kcnole said:
I didn't get one of those, but the best to me was my last visit when my wife and I came on part II of our honeymoon. A couple of days into our visit we came back to our room at the Pop Century to find a couple of big baloons with a congratulations card and picture of Mickey and Minnie which had been signed by them. We kept it. It was pretty magical.

I got one of these as well ......it was also my daughters 1st birthday so we had the minnie and mickey picture for us and a picture of minnie lef on the table and lots of baloons....we put them in frames on our wall....

Cmdr_Crimson

I got mine in Downtown Disney's Disneyquest. I was exiting the interactive areas while walking through the gift shop I stopped and played a little bit of Kingdom Hearts. A CM came up and saw my 33rd B-day button (in regards to MK's 33rd year) asked me If I was celebrating a b-day and infact I was..I got one on the Magical Moment Cards. It's nice looking. Although I haven't framed it up yet tho...Hehe.

meryll83

wishful said:
We were more puzzled when he asked us to take a set of keys and some kind of passcard/key with us to "the guy at the end".

What are these things?
When we went on TOT in November I got given a red swipecard on a black necklace type thing and asked to give it to the guys inside....

rbrower

I once got a magical moments certificate for Astro Orbitor. I also got to get a free picture on Buzz because I was the first one to buy a picture!:)

gonecrazybacksn

meryll83 said:
What are these things?
When we went on TOT in November I got given a red swipecard on a black necklace type thing and asked to give it to the guys inside....

Someone else may have already answered this question in a post, but I didn't see it so figured I'd give an answer. From what I understand the cards are used to acurately judge the wait time for a ride or attraction. They are swiped before being given to the guest and then swiped once they arrive at the end of the line. Now, I'm not 100% on this answer, but that is what I have heard before :)

wdwH4X0R

One day at Mk me and buddy of mine rode Big Thunder so many times towards the end of the day, they pulled us aside and we got the last ride of the night and they stopped the train for us at a perfect veiw for the fireworks. We got to watch the whole show from the ride it was the coolest thing ever!! but no MMC that day.

Harry456

its wasn't a MM but i was in Epcot, in the England, i think. I was picked out of crowd to be part of the street play. :p it was a long time ago, like 1998-2000 (somewhere between there) all i remeber was the CM in the play, asked me to make a loud, sick noise, being 13 i yelled out "FFFFFFFFAAAAAARRRRTTT" really loud!! i had the crowd and the CM in stitches!! LOL :lol:. out of all that, i didn't get a MM, but i got a pin of horonaly CM :)

MagliteL13

wdwH4X0R said:
One day at Mk me and buddy of mine rode Big Thunder so many times towards the end of the day, they pulled us aside and we got the last ride of the night and they stopped the train for us at a perfect veiw for the fireworks. We got to watch the whole show from the ride it was the coolest thing ever!! but no MMC that day.

Somehow I sincerely doubt they stopped the train for you as that would be risking safety. I'm not too familiar with the controls at BTMR, but I'm pretty sure that stopping the ride without an E-Stop is pretty much unheard of unless maintenence did it. The problem with an E-Stop is that there's always a risk of the attractions not coming back up. With all that rambling, I doubt they stopped the train for ya, unless it was in the station.

pluto77

JackSkellington said:
Is there anything else to the certificate. You know, free stuff, discounts, or just a memory of a magical moment?
Depends on where you get it from. At Casey's we used to give a family free drinks in a Casey's mug shaped like a baseball (which you can only get if your the chosen family for the magical moment) with a drink and brownies. I heard of somebody getting a free picture of them at Splash Mountain for being the first to ride.

wdwH4X0R

MagliteL13 said:
Somehow I sincerely doubt they stopped the train for you as that would be risking safety. I'm not too familiar with the controls at BTMR, but I'm pretty sure that stopping the ride without an E-Stop is pretty much unheard of unless maintenence did it. The problem with an E-Stop is that there's always a risk of the attractions not coming back up. With all that rambling, I doubt they stopped the train for ya, unless it was in the station.

You might be correct man, and ya I was younger like 11-12 so I dont know to much about the ride's system and what not. But all I remember is just sitting there watching the whole firewoks show. Still is the coolest thing ever for me.

MagliteL13

wdwH4X0R said:
You might be correct man, and ya I was younger like 11-12 so I dont know to much about the ride's system and what not. But all I remember is just sitting there watching the whole firewoks show. Still is the coolest thing ever for me.

That's cool then. It doesn't really matter exactly what happened, but that you have the memory of it bein cool.

kjd469

My family got a wonderful Magical Moment this past March - we arrived at AK early, and we were let into the park to go as far as the rope and wait for the opening which was 15 minutes away. As we approached the rope, a CM in a Safari suit came up to us and asked us if we wanted to be the first family on the Kilamanjaro Safari that day. We of course said yes, and then, she took us around the rope and to the back of the park to the ride where a CM was waiting for us in a Safari vehicle. It was very cool to walk through the park with not another person around. Our Safari lasted about twice as long as normal, and our family of 5 each took a row in the jeep so we could move back and forth to take the pictures. The driver stopped at all the animals, which were all out as it was still early in the morning. When our Safari ended, Nicole - the CM, went over to a box, asked us our last name, and filled out a Magical Moments certificate for us, then she presented us with an "All-Day Fast Pass" for the Safari ride which stated that we were the Honorary Family for the Day. It was so cool - and truly a Magical Moment my family will never forget.

LSUmom4kids

Last week in Italy (Epcot) an Italian CM spotted my DS6 wearing his gold mickey ears and asked him if he wanted to play a game to earn a Magical Moment certificate. Of course, I said yes (for him) and we had to find the 3 CM's in the Italy stores with the nametags whose names matched the ones he wrote down. We found 2 of 3 and was told that the 3rd one was on break, so another CM helped us out by initialling the nametag. (shhhh - don't tell!) We went back and saw the original CM and he wrote my DS's entire name in Italian on the Certificate (our family name is Italian!). Just then my DD8 and DS11 came up and asked for a certificate too! The CM obliged and gave each one of them a Certificate and wrote all of their names in Italian on the front and some special Italian words on the back!

I think they will remember that magical moment!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom