magical moment certificate

nickcarraway

I was once in line for the Alien Encounter. I asked the CM if I could say “Seize the future!” into the microphone. He obliged and also gave me a MMC. I kept screaming “Seize the future!” over and over again. The crowd was hyped up, but the CM eventually yanked the mic (well, it was more like a CB radio receiver) out of my hand.

WDW_Sam

nickcarraway said:
I was once in line for the Alien Encounter. I asked the CM if I could say “Seize the future!” into the microphone. He obliged and also gave me a MMC. I kept screaming “Seize the future!” over and over again. The crowd was hyped up, but the CM eventually yanked the mic (well, it was more like a CB radio receiver) out of my hand.
Haha those MMC's sound cool... I've gotta get one! Lol.

Sam

Dr.Seeker

It was a free souvenir, commemorating Disney's 100 celebration. These were handed out at special moments (first to ride splash mountain that day, winning the ice cream game at innoventions e.t.c.) They cannot be bought and so are very special.
I believe that they are no longer distributed as that particular celebration is over, but who knows what's coming soon?

MagliteL13

Actually, they are still commonly given out--randomly. If I remember my history right, they originated as part of the celebration but, as with many parts of that celebration, are still continued. Most locations have some sort of routine to go along with the MMC (Pecos, for instance, is Sheriff for a Day). Sometimes the certificates are given out when something just plain special happens (i.e. an engagement). There is really no key, or trick to getting these--it's just being in the right place at the right time with the right CM (for the most part).

JerMerBear

As a former Cast Member, the hardest part about giving the MMC's out was the availability of them. If I did a moment, there probably wasn't one around or one to be found.

I remember playing a game with a little kid at Kidcot at the Living Seas. I "lost" Nemo, but he was on my head. We played around for awhile and I gave her a certificate. Then the family got a picture of me and her together with teh certificate.

I wish I had given more out but they were rarely around. Maybe next time I'm at the Seas!

WeLComeHomE OKW

I've gotten two so far. One, when i broke the record on Spaceship Earth. (Look at my signature). On our last ride around, they awarded us with a detailed certificate so we could always remember it.

The second one, which is less special but still cool, I got it at England in the World Showcase...where i figured out this Underground puzzle. It was fun.
I would post a picture...but i dont know how. Do i need a real account to do that? Ive been thinking of getting one for a while...

Tigger Time

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
I've gotten two so far. One, when i broke the record on Spaceship Earth. (Look at my signature). On our last ride around, they awarded us with a detailed certificate so we could always remember it.

The second one, which is less special but still cool, I got it at England in the World Showcase...where i figured out this Underground puzzle. It was fun.
I would post a picture...but i dont know how. Do i need a real account to do that? Ive been thinking of getting one for a while...

Just upload the pic to a free site and post a link.

erinuga

I got one too! I answered the trivia question in the Canadian Pavilion correctly...After I answered I asked if I got anything for it...so the castmember scrounged around and came up with the certificate...I was actually hoping for candy :) but now that I see that they are pretty special to have I'll keep it in a safe place!

pluto77

When I worked at Casey's we used to just give them out at a certain time of the day. Actually it was someone's job when they clocked in at a certain time, to spend 15 minutes finding someone, and giving out a magical moment certificate with free drinks and brownies. There were some guests that were so confused when we gave it to them. :lol: But others were so happy and excited. One time it was really slow so I stepped outside with the certficate and this little girl came up to me and asked what I was holding in my hand that had tinker bell on it, so I brought her, and her parents in and gave them the free stuff, and signed the certificate.

timkelmom

I received one one evening at the campfire in FW for answering a trivia question correctly. I also got to choose a free prize. The have a food stand there and I got a free hot dog. It was a special moment for me.:)

joanna71985

I got a certificate for my birthday at CRT. All the princesses signed it. Also, when I worked at Fantasy Faire (PhilharMagic store) I did a MM there with kids. I would ask a kid (or kids from 1 family) if they could help me because Donald lost the instruments and we needed them for the next show. The kids always found all the instruments and then the parents usually took a picture of them with the "conductor Mickey". It was so cute!:)

MacDuffieMuppet

when i was little and disney was celebrating their 25th aniversary, i was at MGM and was picked to do the opening announcement for The Hunchback of Notre Dame. It was freighntening since i was little, but i did it and got a certificate which is kept safely in my scrapbook. It was funny because my parents werent there i was with my extened family and they didnt believe me until i showed them the certificate. it is a great memory.:animwink:

rumble

In my area we did one magical moment a day. Pirates merchandise did "Pirate of the Day", Adventureland did the "Island Hop" in Island Supply and Glow (sells the light toys during parades) did "Glow Cast Member for the Day" which turned off the lights for the parade by waving a sword.

blakesse06

we try to give those out

disneyboy02 said:
hello, me and my wife were at epcot and at the end of the day on the way out of the park we decided to ride spaceship earth on last time. we were the last people on the ride and when we got off the ride a cast member was waiting for us and presented us with a magical moment certificate. he asked us our names, wrote them in the space at the bottom and wrote that we were the last to ride spaceship earth on that day and signed and dated it. is this common? we thought it was a nice thing for them to do to end our day

I have worked at spaceship for over 9 months im the one who came up with this idea if we arent to busy at the end of the night we will give an magic moment cerificate to the last guest of the night. tho its not often that this gets done because we are busy doing paperwork cleaning cars ect.
we do recive messages during the day on our deployment computer telling us to"go create a magical moment with a guest" when we get this if there is a line(not often) we will pull a family just getting into line and take them in through our vip enterence(around the side of unload)and let them park there strollers in global. and leave them a magical moment cetrifacte
on the strollerr or hand them one when they step off the ride.

-blake

TinkyGirl

2 MMC's in one day!

I had heard that if you were the first person in Tinkerbell's Treasure that you would get to wake up Tink! Well, being the Tink fan that I am, me and my husband each grabbed my DS and DD and were the first ones in the store. To our surprise our DS got a pirate's sword and our DD got a Tink sceptor and they tapped on Tinks box to wake her up! Now mind you they did not get to keep the sword or sceptor but they did get a MMC to have as a rememberance of that special event! Our DD said that she wanted to do it again, but I reminded her how special it was for us and how we should not take a chance to experience that from some other family and she agreed!

Also, on that same day, we were getting ready to watch SpectroMagic and my DD and I walked into the Christmas Store that is very close to the bridge that goes to the left of the castle. (I think it was pretty close to that vicinity anyways) When we got inside they had all sorts of neat Disney ornaments and we were just looking around. A very nice CM asked my DD if she would like to decorate a Christmas Tree that was beside the cash register. My DD said "sure" and proceeded to decorate it with ornaments that were in a basket. When she finished she was handed a MMC and there was also a sign on the tree that said the tree had been decorated by: my DD's name. It was another very magical moment unfortunately, I did not have my camera for this but we did have the MMC to always remember that! Good luck with all of your "Magical Moments"!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom