magical moment certificate

WDWisAMAZING

We were told that if we clapped our hands twice, the street lights would come on for Spectromagic a couple of years ago. So, we did it, it worked and we recieved magical moment certificates! :D

Do they still do these at all, or was it just a "Year of a Million Dreams" thing?

I walked into the waiting room at MuppetVision I guess about 30 seconds after they'd given everyone the Dream Mickey ears. I wanted to cry. My friend later gave me his from another trip.

One official one with a certificate was when DH and I were approached either before or after VoL and were chosen to be the "First Family" of the American Adventure. They brought us up and let us sit before everyone else was let in and they announced our names and welcomed us before the show. We also got a certificate.

On that same trip, we also participated in the backlot tour stunts scene and I got DH into the Indy show, so we had a very participatory trip.

lilclerk

Do they still do these at all, or was it just a "Year of a Million Dreams" thing?

My nephew got one last September for participating in Flights of Wonder, so I'm sure they still do it now.
He also got one in 2009 after winning one of the games in the post-show to Mission Space. He got it because his name is Orion and he captained Team Orion :lol:

Sonya_c

First time Angler

I caught my first fish in the middle of 2010 at the FW Bike Barn. I received a certificate that said first time angler :) i know they have the first time skipper if you rent a canoe or kayak too! :lol:

ASM

What are these things?
When we went on TOT in November I got given a red swipecard on a black necklace type thing and asked to give it to the guys inside....

It allows them to calculate wait times. They do it throughout the day. We end up being given one or two every trip.

ASM

I don't have a certificate but have a few special moment experiences. As the first family to enter the AK parking lot one morning we were given a card for priority parking which was great. Last rip was my 40th anniversary ( as well as MK's) and we were given vouchers for free popcorn and ice cream and fastpasses...for all 6 of us in our party! And I got a phone call from Mickey and Minnie in a store in AK.

Contrast

First time I've heard of this, wonder if they still do it? Will have to try and get one when I go there next month, would be a great memento to keep.

Ariel484

First time I've heard of this, wonder if they still do it? Will have to try and get one when I go there next month, would be a great memento to keep.

Yes, I've gotten 2 in recent years. In 2009 I was a volunteer in the Flights of Wonder show (one of the people that sits on stage and photographs the bird as they fly at you) and got a MM certificate for that. In 2011 I got one at Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk for (I think) guessing the number of pieces of taffy in a jar - or closest to the actual number. And I got free ice cream! :D

coilback

I have a couple of Magic Moments certificates from the days before I worked at WDW. They were mostly some pin trading things (a couple of CMs had little pin trading games). When I did my CP at Epic Stunt Theater, we would give them out to the kid(s) that would do the "Lights, Camera, Action" part at the beginning of the show. We would usually pick them out while they were getting ready to come in and it was just at the discretion of the CM working the front entrance.

redsfan4life

I also have a memento kinda like the certificate a pin from Comedy Warehouse for voulenteering to step outside with a Cast Member when the Audience was giving information , just needed to verify that the cm outside could not hear out there

dnscbus

My daughter received one in Mexico for being a "beautiful princess." She was about 3 and dressed as Snow White, whom she does resemble but thankfully, her voice is less annoying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom