LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

Gracy_hm

Actually I thought they were going to be one credit but they decided to make it signature and use premium ingredient now. So no matter how good it is people will not like it because they hate the thought of using 2 TS credits for a steak...sorry I meant for a blizzard.

Happy Trails (that used to mean good bye not go buy, a new razor I meant it as the first I support you right to choose hair length)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5R1MsBHWdk

juniorthomas

What happens is that Imagineering has an unbelievable ability to spend money. Concept Art, Design, Models, etc. An attraction like Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey cost less for Universal than Expedition Everest cost for Disney.

In the short term, perhaps. But consider what the licensing will cost Universal in the future. EE is an original concept. Harry Potter is JKs.

juniorthomas

But Meg said ...

MK can reach 20 million annual guests, but it would need to be enlarged so that capacity is not a problem in the peak season. But the other gates need the money for expansion first, they need to improve to 15 million each before MK gets a real expansion. With how tdo and wdpr treat wdw towards new projects, I doubt they will spend the necessary funds. We all have our ideas of what we want and where, but it seems fruitless with how every dollar needs to have a certain roi on it. If the same bean counters were around in 71, I doubt that we would have had the monorail built or the Polynesian.

Bean counting. Its 2011. Shouldn't they be counting something more modern by now? Maybe like iPads or something?

flavious27

Bean counting. Its 2011. Shouldn't they be counting something more modern by now? Maybe like iPads or something?

App counts now. I just know that when they get the interactive queues built, they will offer free apps for every attraction (that are ad supported). The next wave will be attractions that can have an interactive queue and can have an app.

juniorthomas

App counts now. I just know that when they get the interactive queues built, they will offer free apps for every attraction (that are ad supported). The next wave will be attractions that can have an interactive queue and can have an app.

Even better.

And I'm fine with that. Interactive queues certainly help out. Shame TSM's queue only has Mr Potato Head at that one end. The rest of it looks great, but gets old fast during a 2 hour wait.

flavious27

Even better.

And I'm fine with that. Interactive queues certainly help out. Shame TSM's queue only has Mr Potato Head at that one end. The rest of it looks great, but gets old fast during a 2 hour wait.

If interactive queues fit in and work to efficiently keep guests engaged I am fine with them, but I hope that they just don't put IQs in just to. As for the apps, guests aren't paying attention to what the imagineers have produced.

SiriusBlack

If the reviews of the new Star Tour attraction are correct, I don't the TSMM will have many more days of 2 hour waits.

While Star Tours will draw some crowds away, TSMM will still have big back up problems as the only big attraction in it's section of the park. Star Tours may just bring in a few more guests per day to DHS, but I think TSMM will still have long waits in the near future.

RunnerEd

While Star Tours will draw some crowds away, TSMM will still have big back up problems as the only big attraction in it's section of the park. Star Tours may just bring in a few more guests per day to DHS, but I think TSMM will still have long waits in the near future.

I think it will still have long waits, as will ToT and RnRC. I just think that the days of routine 2 hour waits will be done for a while since they will probably move to Star Tours. To me, this is a signal that they need to build a few more new attractions to disipate the crowds that love this park!

NewfieFan

I think it will still have long waits as well! Maybe the only thing that will change is the FPs might be available a little longer b/c some might choose to head towards Star Tours first and get their FP there!?!

It's still one of the few family friendly rides in DHS. Stars Tours does have a height restriction of 40"!

JLW11Hi

A properly themed Lucasland area would be an evergreen expansion that eventually could eclipse Potter as Harry seems to be passing over the other end of the hype scale over the next couple of years.

If nothing else, I feel that it would be very appropriate to theme a larger section of DHS to Star Wars than just the building Star Tours is held in. The best experiences in Disney parks are ones that gradually lead you into the main attraction (think Sunset Boulevard to Tower of Terror). It makes the experience that much grander and memorable, IMO.

Add to the fact that much of the area is a thematic jumble (and thus not very appealing), a re-theme of the area around Star Tours would be greatly welcomed. Perhaps turning the Backlot Express into a Star Wars eating establishment?

RSoxNo1

If the reviews of the new Star Tour attraction are correct, I don't the TSMM will have many more days of 2 hour waits.

I think Star Tours will keep people in the Studios longer, but I don't think it's going to have too much of an effect on Toy Story Mania. I hope that it helps out the Toy Story Fastpass situation, but I'm not too optimistic.

To really help out Toy Story there needs to be a high demand, high capacity family friendly attraction that can absorb some of the Fastpass demand.

juniorthomas

If interactive queues fit in and work to efficiently keep guests engaged I am fine with them, but I hope that they just don't put IQs in just to. As for the apps, guests aren't paying attention to what the imagineers have produced.

Yeah, don't put them in just to put them in. I'm still not sure how I feel about the queue for Soarin. That one involves far too many people and creates way too much drama.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom