LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

wizards8507

The question is, though - is Harry Potter evergreen?

I asked this very question in another thread and the folks around here ripped me a new one. I agree with you though. HP is huge right now but I don't think it will stand the test of time. I had previously mentioned this concept in terms of LoTR, which I believe has a much richer world than the Harry Potter universe. This is why I think Tron could have been a successful attraction. Even if the films haven't been super popular, the world of Tron is sufficiently badass to sustain an attraction. This is why I think LucasLand would be successful. Star Wars and Indiana Jones have the worlds (and fanbase) needed to be successful in the long run, even while the hype of newly released films is behind the respective franchises.

flavious27

I asked this very question in another thread and the folks around here ripped me a new one. I agree with you though. HP is huge right now but I don't think it will stand the test of time. I had previously mentioned this concept in terms of LoTR, which I believe has a much richer world than the Harry Potter universe. This is why I think Tron could have been a successful attraction. Even if the films haven't been super popular, the world of Tron is sufficiently badass to sustain an attraction. This is why I think LucasLand would be successful. Star Wars and Indiana Jones have the worlds (and fanbase) needed to be successful in the long run, even while the hype of newly released films is behind the respective franchises.

Tron brought in $400 million, it isn't as much as disney was looking for to justify the budgets, but that still is alot of money.

juniorthomas

True, but none of those kiddies can be on both at the same time.

What I'm saying, however, is that those kiddies would never be in line for STII. They'll only be in the TSM line. So it wont necessarily shrink lines for everything, due to the fact that not all parents will bring younger kids on STII.

Thrill Seeker

What I'm saying, however, is that those kiddies would never be in line for STII. They'll only be in the TSM line. So it wont necessarily shrink lines for everything, due to the fact that not all parents will bring younger kids on STII.

You underestimate the marketing power of the force on little boys... Star Wars is a huge draw and so far, the little ones have loved Star Tours: TAC.

flavious27

They already have one. It's not very advanced, but they have a projection system that allows the waiting crowds to play a couple little games.

I'm not making this up, am I? I was there last May and they had it then.

really? haven't been in a couple of years.

you say a projection system that let you play a couple of little games? so it is what you see in a couple of malls where kids interact with a projected image? I hate those thing, mall pathways are crowded enough already without a bunch of kids huddling around a 25 sq foot area.

erasure fan1

you say a projection system that let you play a couple of little games? so it is what you see in a couple of malls where kids interact with a projected image? I hate those thing, mall pathways are crowded enough already without a bunch of kids huddling around a 25 sq foot area.

I think if I remember correct the screens just show questions and then a few seconds or so later it shows the answer.

MUTZIE77

I think if I remember correct the screens just show questions and then a few seconds or so later it shows the answer.

That was the old game. They now have cameras that can pick up the motions of probably 15 or more people at each station and they all play the game at the same time. There are 4 or 5 stations along the way.

NoChesterHester

You underestimate the marketing power of the force on little boys... Star Wars is a huge draw and so far, the little ones have loved Star Tours: TAC.

Little boys... regardless of born in 1973 or 2006...

Star Wars merchandise sales are amazing. The longevity of that franchise is unprecedented.

juniorthomas

Yeah, it's a great way to pass time in those incredibly massive queues at Soarin. Of course, if you're on the outskirts of those walls, you feel VERY left out.

And when you're in the middle of it, you'd better not mind being in large crowds. Everyone is waving their hands around, bumping into people. If that's not your scene, you'd best avoid that line.

juniorthomas

That was the old game. They now have cameras that can pick up the motions of probably 15 or more people at each station and they all play the game at the same time. There are 4 or 5 stations along the way.

For me it was groups of 30 or more all cramming in to play. The entire line was slowing down as a result. People didn't want to advance to the actual ride they were having so much fun in the queue.

flavious27

Yeah, it's a great way to pass time in those incredibly massive queues at Soarin. Of course, if you're on the outskirts of those walls, you feel VERY left out.

And when you're in the middle of it, you'd better not mind being in large crowds. Everyone is waving their hands around, bumping into people. If that's not your scene, you'd best avoid that line.

FP it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom