LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

Kirk88

My gosh......could you imagine if that's what HS layout was really like?! That is awesome! Obtaining the rights to Lord of the Rings would be HUGE! That would be a great boost for HS. Great work on the park layouts! Have you tried to submit them to Disney?

cbconglom

ThemeParkOneTheme Park One

I don't know if you guys can handle the force that's coming. From what I hear, it sounds dangerous!

13 hours agoFavoriteRetweetReply

flavious27

Had some fun drawing the Lucasland rumor (among others, eg, Pixar Place, Muppet Studios, etc.)

Blog+-+MGM+2025.PNG

Good work, with a solid design. Only thing I would say bad is that I want to see middle earth larger and not in the studios and we need some tron.

imagineer boy

^ Thanks for all the positive comments above. If you like this kind of thing, check out my site for dozens more, like this Beastlie Kingdommed DAK:

Blog+-+Animal+Kingdom.PNG

Very well done! There are some ideas I really like and some ideas I don't like, but over all I'm impressed.

What program did you use to make the concept map?

flavious27

T-Land has tons of room especially if they do something smart like sending the CoP to Disneyland or Epcot.

cop takes up less than a 3/4 of acre of land, and that would be one of the dumb things tdo would. They could revamp the speedway into a lightcycle ride with a recreation of the grid and flynn's arcade on top.

jt04

cop takes up less than a 3/4 of acre of land, and that would be one of the dumb things tdo would. They could revamp the speedway into a lightcycle ride with a recreation of the grid and flynn's arcade on top.

Except that by removing the CoP it would make part of the parking lot available for expansion. There is also space outside the tracks that could be made available.

CoP became somewhat obsolete and misplaced when Future World opened. In my opinion it just does not work with what Tomorrowland should strive to be at WDW. It could be adapted to work perfectly within Epcot's Future World. Perhaps serving to introduce guests to each of the pavilions. Or it would work at Disneyland to serve as a tribute to one of Walt's most innovative and inspired ideas. Either one would be vastly preferable to the current location.

Tomorrowland (at least at WDW) should not be 'real world' accurate or seek to inspire people about the future. That is the 'mission statement' for Epcot. Rather it should be based on a fantasized vision of the future. Just as all the lands of the "Magic" Kingdom should function. Keep the realities of life out and give people the magic and escapism. This will also help define Epcot and give it the identity it once had. Blurring the lines between Future World and Tomorrowland is not the best option and has not served WDW well.

I do like your idea of converting the raceway into a TRON lightcycle track though. Preferably an enclosed immersive experience. :cool:

RSoxNo1

Not enough room and you know tdo will do something dumb to get it in there.

T-Land has tons of room especially if they do something smart like sending the CoP to Disneyland or Epcot.

My understanding was that the Tron rumors wouldn't take up the spot for COP.

Here's an aerial of Tomorrowland.

I had heard one rumor having Tron replace Monsters Inc Laugh Floor with the coaster track extending back stage and moving cast member food services. I believe there were other locations that were also rumored perhaps near Space Mountain and/or Tomorrowland Speedway.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
My understanding was that the Tron rumors wouldn't take up the spot for COP.

Here's an aerial of Tomorrowland.

I had heard one rumor having Tron replace Monsters Inc Laugh Floor with the coaster track extending back stage and moving cast member food services. I believe there were other locations that were also rumored perhaps near Space Mountain and/or Tomorrowland Speedway.
Tron is still a movable feast should it ever happen.

cookiee_munster

id much prefer it if Tomorrowland underwent a "Verne" transformation and became Discoveryland. it would be a little like adventure land with the split in continents but this tine with theme, obviously keeping the lower half more pixar oriented with Laugh Floor and Buzz and then the Carousel of Progress could be replaced with something to do with Wall:E?
The upper half would be more in keeping with the Jules Verne look and style that Paris and Mysterious Island does so well. Id replace the Speedway with something like Journey to the center of the Earth. Stitch would also go...

Obi

What if a 5th gate is for star wars land. They could move star tours over there, expand the Muppets in that area and expand Pixar to the backlot?

Nemofinder

I think that non-disney properties should stay out of MK. I wouldn't be opposed to the Stark Expo rumor that floated or a Wall-E coaster set to the Define Dancing music (floating with fire extinguisher perhaps?) Opens a whole green theme too. But StarWars should stick to DHS if they want to try to keep cohesive theming (hah!). Obviously that hasn't been a priority in the past but a Tomorrowland overhaul would be interesting. It is the most lost of the lands. Monster's Inc is interesting but it isn't a fit. A trash filled Wall-E ride/coaster would be cool. Gives the walk-around Wall-E a place to get out as well. Plus, the movie is set in the future and, oddly, fits in Tomorrowland.

flavious27

Except that by removing the CoP it would make part of the parking lot available for expansion. There is also space outside the tracks that could be made available.

CoP became somewhat obsolete and misplaced when Future World opened. In my opinion it just does not work with what Tomorrowland should strive to be at WDW. It could be adapted to work perfectly within Epcot's Future World. Perhaps serving to introduce guests to each of the pavilions. Or it would work at Disneyland to serve as a tribute to one of Walt's most innovative and inspired ideas. Either one would be vastly preferable to the current location.

Tomorrowland (at least at WDW) should not be 'real world' accurate or seek to inspire people about the future. That is the 'mission statement' for Epcot. Rather it should be based on a fantasized vision of the future. Just as all the lands of the "Magic" Kingdom should function. Keep the realities of life out and give people the magic and escapism. This will also help define Epcot and give it the identity it once had. Blurring the lines between Future World and Tomorrowland is not the best option and has not served WDW well.

I do like your idea of converting the raceway into a TRON lightcycle track though. Preferably an enclosed immersive experience. :cool:

Some of the parking lot could be used for a small queue area but it isn't large enough for an attraction. The same can be said for any room between the train tracks and the MK lake. There really any room in those areas for a proper attraction and also not clash with its surroundings. Really the best use of the parking lot, besides being a parking lot, is as a permanent path between main street and tomorrowland. Disney uses it in that manner when the crowds get too packed after the fireworks.

Well if you want to look at it, the best way to look at the future, is to see where we came from. COP needs to be updated, that is without saying. It also fits with the theme better than laugh floor, stitch escape and buzz blasters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom