LucasLand Blue Sky Rumor @ DHS

jt04

Some of the parking lot could be used for a small queue area but it isn't large enough for an attraction. The same can be said for any room between the train tracks and the MK lake. There really any room in those areas for a proper attraction and also not clash with its surroundings. Really the best use of the parking lot, besides being a parking lot, is as a permanent path between main street and tomorrowland. Disney uses it in that manner when the crowds get too packed after the fireworks.

Well if you want to look at it, the best way to look at the future, is to see where we came from. COP needs to be updated, that is without saying. It also fits with the theme better than laugh floor, stitch escape and buzz blasters.

If they did move the CoP there is tons of room. Remember the size of the Galaxy Theater and stage. Add to that the CoP footprint and the parking lot and I think there is quite a bit of space. Facades could be easily added for and elements visible from MSUSA. A path could easily be added for overflow.

I agree with you about the content added to T-Land before iGer took over. Stitch and Laugh Floor must go at the very least. Buzz is a close call. Doesn't that attraction have to be completely updated every 5 years anyway? I think it is a rule. The Incredibles might work.

Again though we disagree about the function of Tomorrowland. The less edutainment the better. It should be escapist and fun. An Adventurland set in a fantastical future. IMO. :wave:

flavious27

If they did move the CoP there is tons of room. Remember the size of the Galaxy Theater and stage. Add to that the CoP footprint and the parking lot and I think there is quite a bit of space. Facades could be easily added for and elements visible from MSUSA. A path could easily be added for overflow.

I agree with you about the content added to T-Land before iGer took over. Stitch and Laugh Floor must go at the very least. Buzz is a close call. Doesn't that attraction have to be completely updated every 5 years anyway? I think it is a rule. The Incredibles might work.

Again though we disagree about the function of Tomorrowland. The less edutainment the better. It should be escapist and fun. An Adventurland set in a fantastical future. IMO. :wave:

There really isn't that much useable space where the parking lot is. This is a mockup I made last year for having a high street added. At its widest, it is maybe 150' wide and about 200' long.

highstreetx.jpg

Well there is a way to educate without being educational. COP does this. Also the house of future did the same thing also.

The three three rides mentioned earlier just seemed to be placed in TL because they didn't want to put them where they should go in dhs. TL should return to what it was like before.

DocMcHulk

I believe there were other locations that were also rumored perhaps near Space Mountain and/or Tomorrowland Speedway.
That's what I was told when the rumors first surfaced. However, these were in direct conflict with what other people were saying. so, who know!

jt04

There really isn't that much useable space where the parking lot is. This is a mockup I made last year for having a high street added. At its widest, it is maybe 150' wide and about 200' long.

highstreetx.jpg

Well there is a way to educate without being educational. COP does this. Also the house of future did the same thing also.

The three three rides mentioned earlier just seemed to be placed in TL because they didn't want to put them where they should go in dhs. TL should return to what it was like before.

If they ever have to build such a passage my guess it would be an enclosed very lightly themed walkway that traverses from near the T-Land Terrace and follows very closely with the back of MSUSA. I could be elevated or sunk to utilidor level as necessary. Just my opinion.

NoChesterHester

Does MK really pose a need for another attraction after FLE opens? Besides I thought the Tron discussion was long confirmed dead.

Hollywood Studios needs a pretty significant overhaul IMO to foster growth.

flavious27

If they ever have to build such a passage my guess it would be an enclosed very lightly themed walkway that traverses from near the T-Land Terrace and follows very closely with the back of MSUSA. I could be elevated or sunk to utilidor level as necessary. Just my opinion.

That could be a possibility with people walking back to main st in that direction, though I don't know if they would be able to sink it with whatever might be underneath.

RSoxNo1

Does MK really pose a need for another attraction after FLE opens? Besides I thought the Tron discussion was long confirmed dead.

Hollywood Studios needs a pretty significant overhaul IMO to foster growth.

After Fantasyland, MK needs refurbishments - it seems that they're addressing BTMRR around the time of Fantasyland's opening, but Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight both need substantial work as well.

As for additions/replacements I think you have to look at Tomorrowland before Frontierland or Adventureland. Stitch's Great Escape, Tomorrowland Speedway, and strictly for theming, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor all need to be addressed.

Having said that, the priorities of all this should be lower than improvements elsewhere on property.

flavious27

After Fantasyland, MK needs refurbishments - it seems that they're addressing BTMRR around the time of Fantasyland's opening, but Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight both need substantial work as well.

As for additions/replacements I think you have to look at Tomorrowland before Frontierland or Adventureland. Stitch's Great Escape, Tomorrowland Speedway, and strictly for theming, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor all need to be addressed.

Having said that, the priorities of all this should be lower than improvements elsewhere on property.

If Disney put all of the money it got from wdw and put it back into the property for half a decade (1 year for each park and then the hotels), they could build out every gate the way they would need to to have the world set for more than a decade. But they won't, which is kind of a shame because wdw is the only division that has a bright future. ABC continues to go up and down. ESPN / ABC Sports didn't get the olympics and will lose a good chunk of money when pay tv evolves. The studio has equal amount of hits and misses. People like to go on vacation, and wdw is the largest destination for that. They can grow evenmore if they reinvested money back into the property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom