At 4:15
TEst Track- 180
Mission Space- 180
Soarin- 210
JII- 55
Living with the Land- 60
SSE- 65
Seas- 60

MK is now letting in resort guests and AP holders, so things have let up a little there. Thanks for your Epcot updates.

donsullivan

Premium Member
And the noisemakers are out!! I hate this part of the night when every 8 year old on the park tries to be louder than all the others.

Crowds are shiftingvto WS now on prep for 7:30 Illuminations

TinkerBell9988

Any Epcot updates? I just posted in the other thread (Low Key NYE at Epcot?), but I know donsullivan is doing Epcot updates.

Thanks so much!

imamouse

And the noisemakers are out!! I hate this part of the night when every 8 year old on the park tries to be louder than all the others.

Crowds are shiftingvto WS now on prep for 7:30 Illuminations

As much as I wish I was at Epcot tonight, I'm not sure I could take 4-5 hours of noisemakers. I suppose standing close enough to one of the music venues could drown them out (or ear plugs).

Thanks for the updates and the pics on your Flickr site, Don. Party on!

donsullivan

Premium Member
first Illuminations show is over and there is a large exodus underway of families with little ones. Just headed to the car to dump camera bag; way too crowded!

My new mission (and I have chosen to accept it) is to disrupt every conga-line that tried to barge it's way through a slow-moving mob.

DJ's are in full force throughout the park; time to go check them out.

If the battery holds out I'll post more pics and updates soon.

donsullivan

Premium Member
General update for the night

- Lines on the major attractions never seemed to let up throughout the day. It seemed the Universe of Energy was having breakdown problems since I saw 'down' multiple times on the boards.
- The entertainment was essentially the same as they've had the last few years. They had DJ's on the Fountain stage, China, Italy and on the America Garden stage just like they've had the last few years on NYE.
- World Showplace was a reservations-only buffet restaurant with a Fantasia theme; no swing band entertainment like they have had in previous years.
- Noisemakers and hats just like every year in the past.
- They did a much better job than past years with crowd management around World Showcase. In past years the crowds of people camping out along the lagoon-side rails for fireworks would get so deep the walkable portion of the path was less than 5 feet wide in places and nothing moved. This year they taped off an area along the lagoon-side fence and nobody could stop outside that tape line until the fireworks started. The cast-members were actually rather aggressive in keeping people outside the tape line moving. That made a huge difference in the ability for everyone to move smoothly around the park which has not been the case in past years. Very nice addition.
- Fireworks were spectacular as always, especially the global countdown
- Traffic out of the parking lot moved pretty well despite the total number of cars. I was actually able to cross over I-4 by 12:45AM

All-in-all a good day despite what my feet feel like right now.

BSikor

Original Poster
it was a great night. Crowd control was much better as was the parking lot exodus. The only good I saw was when one of the fire jets on the China stage malfunctioned and rained flamable liquid on the dancing crowd. Watching Illuminations, I loved seeing the cm's running out to watch and then dancing the night away afterwards.

Horizons1

Woo boy, what a night. I have no voice, not to mention a cold, but it was totally worth it. I have no twitter account so you'll get no pictures on there from me. But I've got a few pictures to upload to PhotoBucket and a video to put together.

Everything was the same as NYE's past, with exception of the giant screens at the main the fountain stage, and the lack of a stage in Future World West (just past the Innoventions breezeway).

I didn't get out of the park till 2 AM and it was still a fight to get out. It depended on what part of the parking lot you were parked in. Don Sullivan, you must have been parked in Discover or Journey. Those lots were moving out pretty fast, but the rest of the lots took forever to clear out. I had to fight quite a few cars just to get into moving traffic. After that, though, it wasn't too bad. I ended up getting home a little after 3 AM.

Lines were extremely long during the day, but as the night progressed they died down a little. After 12:30 AM, they were almost non-existant. Soarin' had a 30 minute wait. :D

Here's a few pictures:

DSC09307.jpg

DSC09311.jpg

(That's where the line for Spaceship Earth started)

DSC09321.jpg

DSC09326.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

DSC09362.jpg

DSC09363.jpg

DSC09364.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Woo boy, what a night. I have no voice, not to mention a cold, but it was totally worth it. I have no twitter account so you'll get no pictures on there from me. But I've got a few pictures to upload to PhotoBucket and a video to put together.

Everything was the same as NYE's past, with exception of the giant screens at the main the fountain stage, and the lack of a stage in Future World West (just past the Innoventions breezeway).

I didn't get out of the park till 2 AM and it was still a fight to get out. It depended on what part of the parking lot you were parked in. Don Sullivan, you must have been parked in Discover or Journey. Those lots were moving out pretty fast, but the rest of the lots took forever to clear out. I had to fight quite a few cars just to get into moving traffic. After that, though, it wasn't too bad. I ended up getting home a little after 3 AM.

Lines were extremely long during the day, but as the night progressed they died down a little. After 12:30 AM, they were almost non-existant. Soarin' had a 30 minute wait. :D

Here's a few pictures:

DSC09307.jpg

DSC09311.jpg

(That's where the line for Spaceship Earth started)

DSC09321.jpg

DSC09326.jpg

DSC09340.jpg

DSC09362.jpg

DSC09363.jpg

DSC09364.jpg

Looks fantastic and crazy! I would have LOVED to have been there.:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Color Changing SSE!?

Woah! Put that in EPCOT EVERY NIGHT!:sohappy: Now I'm REALLY jealous!:lol:

No no no LOL. Everyone then will be complaining that the original lighting scheme should not be changed and it must be restored to it's original condition!

For me, it's like the Palm trees around SE. They would be fine for special events, but used on a daily basis, they just dont look right.

EPCOT Explorer

No no no LOL. Everyone then will be complaining that the original lighting scheme should not be changed and it must be restored to it's original condition!

For me, it's like the Palm trees around SE. They would be fine for special events, but used on a daily basis, they just dont look right.

Steve...That WAS it's original condition!:eek::lol::lol:

WDW1974

Looks likes fun was had by all (except perhaps for some hangovers today) at Disney's best park.

And glad to hear that apparently Disney didn't skimp on entertaining the masses!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Sweet! Steve Jobs as pseudo-celebrity DJ! :lol: :lookaroun

DSC09410.jpg

DSC09414.jpg

^^^Caption this: DJ Jobs: "All shall bow before me, and shine your iPhone lights upon me, so that I may become more powerful than ever before! Muhahahahah"

:lol::lookaroun

..or not. :lookaroun

raven

For the members here interested, there were over 83,000 guests that came through the gates yesterday. That beats last years record of 72,000.

All of those people past me at the end of the night as I found out that I was going to be stationed outside the gates. So at 12:02 there was a title wave of guests headed my way that didn't let up until after 3AM.

Horizons1

Sweet! Steve Jobs as pseudo-celebrity DJ! :lol: :lookaroun

DSC09410.jpg

DSC09414.jpg

^^^Caption this: DJ Jobs: "All shall bow before me, and shine your iPhone lights upon me, so that I may become more powerful than ever before! Muhahahahah"

:lol::lookaroun

..or not. :lookaroun

Lol. DJ Scooter, actually. Who just so happens to be THE MAN.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom