Low key New Years at Epcot?

BSikor

Original Poster
Epcot is having all events as last year with the exception of the Fountain Stage and no Swing Club in the World Showplace making more room for tables to dine. All the parties in the World Showcase will run as normal. Illuninations and Holiday Tags will be intact unlike other parks. I love how people think the worst and panic. Its going to be a blast!

I'm not panic-ing I just want to make sure the guests that I am inviting to spend NYE with my wife and I at Epcot will not be disappointed after we had talked up the event so much. I just want confirmation before finalizing the plans.

Where did you get this information? I'm just concerned because guest relations says they are doing nothing but the tag for IROE. I hope you are right.

raven

& where can I come say hi than if I brave the madness? :wave::D Which I am trying to do in honor of it being my first NYE down here in FL. What will I celebrate? NOT BEING IN SNOW!!!:lol::sohappy:

Somewhere in Future World. I never know where I'm going to be until I get there at night.

surfsupdon

Oh man I hope Epcot will have its video danceparties with Live DJs. Having spent 5 NYE at Epcot in the Japan pavilion rocking out, it would be a shame if no live entertainment were brought in. I can't imagine it.

WDW Monorail

EPCOT expert Mythbuster pointed out a couple of months ago that while EPCOT would cut down on entertainment, there would stilll be DJs in the park; as reiterted by lightboy.

Thelazer

Yes there will be DJ's
I know of 2 area's that will have them in Epcot.

The park will come very close to closing due to capacity.
Same goes for MK.

BSikor

Original Poster
EPCOT expert Mythbuster pointed out a couple of months ago that while EPCOT would cut down on entertainment, there would stilll be DJs in the park; as reiterted by lightboy.

Yes there will be DJ's I know of 2 area's that will have them in Epcot.

Okay, you two are making me feel a bit better but I must ask, where are you getting the information? The only reason I ask is that guest relations said there is no dancing areas planned for Epcot on NYE.

Horizons1

Epcot is having all events as last year with the exception of the Fountain Stage and no Swing Club in the World Showplace making more room for tables to dine. All the parties in the World Showcase will run as normal. Illuninations and Holiday Tags will be intact unlike other parks. I love how people think the worst and panic. Its going to be a blast!

What?! No DJ Scooter at the fountain stage?! Alright, these cutbacks haven't really bothered me up till now. This is getting ridiculous.

Thelazer

Okay, you two are making me feel a bit better but I must ask, where are you getting the information? The only reason I ask is that guest relations said there is no dancing areas planned for Epcot on NYE.

The little tech fairy told me...
Guest Relations, hardly knows anything these days.

BSikor

Original Poster
You can always go over to Atlantic dance party at Boardwalk!!

Yes, I was thinking about that but its not the same thing. There is something about the environment at Epcot. The world music playing around the promenade, the over the top eclectic dance floors, the amazing fireworks. As FigmentsFriend said earlier any night in Epcot is fantastic, but NYE in Epcot is out of this world amazing.

I just hope they live up to what they've done in the past . A few people on here have said there will be DJ's and dancing but I have yet to hear anything concrete.

Danhockey04

Just went to EPCOT today, it looks like they were setting up a DJ stage on Fountain Stage for NYE. Also, it was packed today, can't wait for the crowds to keep coming.

nanna

Yes. The stage and lighting rig infront of the fountain has been up for a few days now.

there is also a lighting rig set up in China.

donsullivan

Premium Member
There are now rigs on the fountain stage, China (dragon rig) and Italy which are the locations they've used for the last few years. No word on World Showplace but it looks like everything will be similar to years past for NYE.

TheDisneyMagic

Yep the Stages are up, the one just behind the Fountain of Nations/Communicore Fountain is much smaller than in years past though, plus no large screens this year, unless they go up over the next few days.

BSikor

Original Poster
thanks everyone!! I was going to stop by tonight after work and look. You made my day. I wonder why none of the stages were in their press release. Oh well, at least it's happening and I am happy. Happy New Year everyone!!!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom