Lots & Lots Of Food Report WITH Pictures First Ever???

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wow that bacon wrapped meatloaf with the onion strings on top looked fabulous! I think I might have to make a trip to the Wolfgang Puck Express next time. Bacon and meatloaf are my husband's favorite so he will readily agree!

Haha see Im not a fan of meatloaf but EVERYBODY loves bacon!

britlightyear

I LOVE that you put the total amount spent at each place, that is really helpful for me when trying to decide where to eat. Oddly enough, we would probably get most of the same foods you ordered in a lot of those restaurants. Thanks!

Phonedave

What is up with WDW and their love affair with broccolini lately.

It as if they choose a protein, think about a starch (which for the most part ends up being some form of potato) and then they say - "Oh look, it's quitting time, screw it, throw some broccolini on the plate"

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I LOVE that you put the total amount spent at each place, that is really helpful for me when trying to decide where to eat. Oddly enough, we would probably get most of the same foods you ordered in a lot of those restaurants. Thanks!

Haha yeah we keep track because its all free! We like to see how much money we "rang up"

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
What is up with WDW and their love affair with broccolini lately.

It as if they choose a protein, think about a starch (which for the most part ends up being some form of potato) and then they say - "Oh look, it's quitting time, screw it, throw some broccolini on the plate"

-dave

Bro, I agree. It's like Nightmare Before Christmas Merchandise in WDW...It's EVERYWHERE now...

MillerPoppins

I am loving this thread!

But I was horrified reading your sci fi experience. I was always a fan of that and had an ADR for lunch there in three weeks. Based on your review, I think I'm cancelling and going for Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time Dine in.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I am loving this thread!

But I was horrified reading your sci fi experience. I was always a fan of that and had an ADR for lunch there in three weeks. Based on your review, I think I'm cancelling and going for Mama Melrose or 50's Prime Time Dine in.

I would def do 50's instead. My goal really is not to discourage anyone from eating there. I just wanted to tell my story and what happened to us. However even before this happened I'd choose 50's over Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi has a terrific set up inside, so maybe keep your ADR and just have milshKes or something if you never been there because it is a cool experience.

MillerPoppins

I would def do 50's instead. My goal really is not to discourage anyone from eating there. I just wanted to tell my story and what happened to us. However even before this happened I'd choose 50's over Sci-Fi. Sci-Fi has a terrific set up inside, so maybe keep your ADR and just have milshKes or something if you never been there because it is a cool experience.

I have gone before and to be honest, remember that there was nothing really extravagant about the food but just the atmosphere. That's a good idea to keep the adr for shakes. I really wanted to my bf, who is visiting for the first time, to see the atmosphere. What's funny is, what you two ordered is what I figured we would order. He likes ribs a lot and if you compared it to fingering your belly button, we are jumping ship..:lookaroun

Phonedave

Sci-Fi Dine-Inn

____ A few ribs were decent and the rest were like wearing a sweat suit, running 52 miles, taking off your sweat suit, fingering your belly button, then licking your finger. Yeah it was that bad.

And you know what belly button sweat tastes like because .......... ?

-dave

dvcnut39

I was pretty upset to see that Goofy's is no longer carrying the string licorice. I don't ask for too much when I go to WDW, but Goofy's string licorice is one of them.

mickeyluvr

My goodness Im STARVING!!! Your pictures are amazing :) I am off to Disney World in 6 days and I love that you post all your pictures....Im forsure talking a million pictures of all the food so I can share with you all! Im sad to hear about your dinner at Sci-fi. We have a dinner there for my nephews birthday...his choice. We just visited last December and enjoyed our meal then...hopefully its good this time also.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My goodness Im STARVING!!! Your pictures are amazing :) I am off to Disney World in 6 days and I love that you post all your pictures....Im forsure talking a million pictures of all the food so I can share with you all! Im sad to hear about your dinner at Sci-fi. We have a dinner there for my nephews birthday...his choice. We just visited last December and enjoyed our meal then...hopefully its good this time also.

My rule...If I see food then I take a picture. Even if I am not eating it. Only exception is if someone else I do not know is eating it...

reptar77

Coral Reef

Bread & Butter

Grilled New York Strip Steak - served with roasted potatoes, watercress, and tomotoes tossed in caramelized shallot vinaigrette

Grilled Swordfish

Of course the side of Creamy Polenta

DSC_0692.jpg

Baileys and Jack Daniel's Mousse* - topped with a ganache and chocolate cigar

The Chocolate Wave* - served with raspberries

Ahhhh Coral Reef is one of our must do stops every trip. The food is one thing but staring into the aquarium is such a great touch. We requested a window seat and we were seated in 5 minutes and got one. When our buzzer went off so fast I was a little skeptical we would get a window seat but we did. My steak was as good as it always is. BUT Colleens swordfish (Not on any online menus) was AMAZING. I really really wish I had gotten that instead. I love the steak, but this was just on another level. I really really advise ANYBODY reading this...If you're going to CR to eat and its on the menu that day GET IT. Its freaking delicious! The Polenta for those of you who never seen it or read me talking about it...its like a creamy cornbread. Its very good here. I had it at Le Cellier and it was not as good. Not even close. If you go to CR get a side of this stuff. Its pretty good. As for desserts my Chocolate Wave was not all that great. At least not as good as I have had before. Colleens JD Mousse was all gone for me to try it so I am going to guess it was good?

Total Bill $95.13

I thought the polenta was gone...... I'm so going tomorrow and ordering it.
Thanks for the pics. :)

KnK

Germany Shop

Giant Gummy Bear

DSC_2871.jpg

My husband really wanted me to get one of these....if only to see me eat it. The shop keeper was so cute when we asked about him. He said it was funny watching people eat them, chopping away little bits at a time.

I'm a big 'gummy' candy fan, but I could not see myself eating it.:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom