Lots & Lots Of Food Report WITH Pictures First Ever???

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!

Everything looked great!!! Actually the sandwich at WPE looked pretty weak. That place just doesn't do it for me.

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed Coral Reef. I have never had a bad experience there and so many people seem to give it a bad rep here.

Very upset to hear about Sci Fi. I have lunch there quite a bit and never had a bad experience. The food is just average, but the shakes and theme make up for it. As for the service, I would have made a comment to mgmt.

Thanks for the report!!!!

Yeah they bread over did the sandwich. The bread was good but there was too much of it. ALL of the sandwiches around us looked REALLY good that other people had.

Yeah Coral Reef is ALWAYS great for us. We always have GREAT service and a GREAT meal. No complaints here.

I probably will make a comment about the service, I don't know though. I did not keep the receipt or get the guys name. We were so mad we just left.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Awesome pictures!!! Liberty Tree Tavern....was that lunch or dinner. (if you said i missed, and i am sorry). Is the menu different for lunch and dinner??? Thanks very much for all your hard work on all the theads from your trip...I have really enjoyed reading all of them!!!!

Thanks! I am glad you appreciate it!

Liberty tree does have 2 different menus for lunch and dinner. Lunch has a bunch of different stuff you can order. The dinner only has what I took pictures of...That Patriots Feast.

stefan74

Thanks for both threads and pics. It makes me want to take pics of the food and as many pics at the parks when I go in March 2011. Were you on the dining plan with this trip?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Thanks for both threads and pics. It makes me want to take pics of the food and as many pics at the parks when I go in March 2011. Were you on the dining plan with this trip?

Yes we were on the dining plan...and go ahead TAKE ALL THE PICS YOU CAN!!

Narcoossee's

Bread and Butter

DSC_0121.jpg

Surf and Turf - twin medallions of filet mignon, lobster tail, potato gratin, broccolini, and shallot-red wine butter

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake - vanilla bean whipped cream and strawberry sauce

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

Finished Product

DSC_0138.jpg

2 credits for Narcoossee's...not mad about it AT ALL. GREAT MEAL. Maybe the best I have had so far. EVERYTHING was GREAT. I have not one off or bad thing to say about this place. We both loved everything about our meal and dessert. Now here is a really good story. I have been dying to try that Strawberry Shortcake for 2 years now. Every time we go its out of season. So when we sat down I asked our waitress if they had it. She replied yes we do why do ask? I said well I have been trying to get it for 2 years and I was just trying to get upset now as opposed to later had you said no. She said don't worry we have it! Well when she brought out our desserts she brought 3 of them out! Yes she got 2 for me cause of my sad story! She even knew we were on the FREE dining plan as well. Yeah service drops a ton when they find out your on the dining plan. ESPECIALLY at the Signature Spots. Good call jerks.

Total Bill $148.44

We were thinking about trying Narcoosses out on our next trip and this has helped greatly. Looking forward to this.

P.S. not a great idea to look at these pictures 11:30 at night

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
We were thinking about trying Narcoosses out on our next trip and this has helped greatly. Looking forward to this.

Dude it aint NEVER a good idea to look at these pictures if you are over 3 days from being in Disney World to be honest...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Oh and yeah...DEF do Narcoossee's. I can't explain enough how happy we both were with our meal!

disneygirl1

Holy heck John!!! I finally was able to read all the way thru!!! I think I gained 20 lbs in the process thou!!! :ROFLOL: Awesome report!!! You have given be quite a few things to consider when planning out meals for our Sept trip!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Holy heck John!!! I finally was able to read all the way thru!!! I think I gained 20 lbs in the process thou!!! :ROFLOL: Awesome report!!! You have given be quite a few things to consider when planning out meals for our Sept trip!

Maybe we can plan a huge Chef Mickey's dinner or 1900 Park Fare Breakfast! Gotta get that Strawberry Soup again!

jhastings74

Sci-Fi Dine-Inn

Terrible...just terrible... After this trip...no more. Someone posted a picture of the ribs and said some were good and some were bad. I agree. A few ribs were decent and the rest were like wearing a sweat suit, running 52 miles, taking off your sweat suit, fingering your belly button, then licking your finger. Yeah it was that bad... Our desserts sucked too. So did our server. He BARELY spoke any language at all let alone English. We had no clue he was saying at any point at all. He was hardly ever around. It WAS busy but we saw a TON of servers all going to each table but this dude was MIA. I'd be surprised if he actually did even work there.

Total Bill $136.52

Don't hold back John...tell us what you REALLY thought...lol.

I have to admit that I have never had a good experience at Sci-Fi. That being said, I always seem to give them another chance...and I'm always disappointed. I think it's the atmosphere that makes me WANT them to finally blow me away, but it just never happens. I'll give them a thumbs-up on the shakes, but we have been when it's been slammed and we've been when it's been dead, and the service (or lack of) that we received was horrible no matter what. I'd even be happy if they just used 50's menu, re-named the stuff, had somebody run over to pick it up, bring it back, and slap it on the Sci-Fi plates. Love the themeing, hate the food.

And your ribs description? Hands-down one of the funniest things you've posted, and I think a lot of what you post is funny. For this, I hereby designate you the Food Picture Threads King :king:.

Uncle Greg

Dude you are the KING of Disney food pics..thanks for sharing all these.

And this one totally cracks me up. As Coleen goes to take a piece it looks like you're thinking, "Ummmm, what do you think you're doing"?

She looks like she may be a little worried she's going to lose that hand.

Yakitori House

DSC_0066.jpg

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Narcossee's is one of my all time favorites. Glad you liked it!

I've really enjoyed your pictures and reviews. What camera/lens did you use?

I dont remember it was my friends camera. It was a very long lens though and made it difficult to casually take food pictures!

Phonedave

I dont remember it was my friends camera. It was a very long lens though and made it difficult to casually take food pictures!

For the picture of you took of the empty strawberry shortcake plate you used a Nikon D50 with a 55mm lens.

Auto Exposure setting at 1/60 sec shutter at f/4. ISO 400

The interwebs is amazing :D

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
For the picture of you took of the empty strawberry shortcake plate you used a Nikon D50 with a 55mm lens.

Auto Exposure setting at 1/60 sec shutter at f/4. ISO 400

The interwebs is amazing :D

-dave

Well there ya have it! hahaha :lookaroun

Amazing photos and considered yourself stalked. No, just kidding. :lookaroun
I have a few things to say about your amazing report.

1. I gained like 20 pounds seriously.

2. *high fives* You're not the only one that doesn't care for CG. I've had better sushi and steak else wear. People make is sound like it's the best thing on earth. :rolleyes:

3. You make Chef Mickeys actually look good. :hurl: Now that's a place I've had bad luck in ALL THE TIME. Why I keep going back, I don't know. I'm hopeful I guess. I did like their potato soup when they have it.

4. I really don't care for Dole Whips (another overrated drink people die for,) yet that one looks pretty good. Maybe because my fav color is green.

5. Once again, you make that chedder cheese soup look good. I for one, hate it. Too onion like for me. At least when I had it, maybe it was bad luck.

6. Sorry you had a bad time at Sci Fi. Every time I go, the ribs are perfect.

And my boyfriends mother makes the Meatloaf from 50's and it tastes exactly the same. She got the recipe online. So it depends of course.

Anyhow, I can't wait for more food pictures in the future! Thank you.

OH! I almost forgot. My bf and I will be going to Napoli in Jan. I'm glad I keep hearing good reviews for it =) Do you think that the individual sized pizzas are enough for two people to share?

Phonedave

Well there ya have it! hahaha :lookaroun

No stalking here :)

Cameras embed a load of data into JPEGs when they take the picture.

If you want to see the embedded data for an on-line picture, this is a good site

http://regex.info/exif

Just right click on the picture, select properties, and then copy the URL to the picture, then drop that URL into the box that link

It's is something to remember when you are posting pictures, that the pictures contain data showing the camera, lighting, settings, exact date and time, and if your camera is so equipped - the GPS coordiantes.

-dave

Just wondering how many days you went for and what type of meal plan did you get? I'm trying to plan my honeymoon and want to make sure I'm getting the right plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom