Look, it's the Animal King! - Family Vaca, 2013

Hello, lovelies!

I’ve been home for less than a week – fully suffering from Disney withdrawals. Luckily, the weather’s been beautiful and I’ve had visits from friends, so there are many distractions!

This trip was one of the good ones – you can’t go wrong with family vaca. Carly was on me all week, suggesting that I would make fun of her and post unattractive photos, but I would NEVER do that *shifty eyes*. Just kidding. We’ll see.

The trip started for me the day before we flew. I went to work in the morning at My Gym, and taught some cute four year olds how to do forward rolls and hit balloons using tennis rackets. I was home briefly to finish packing my stuff up, and then I went to say goodbye to Andrew. Unfortunately, he was in meetings so we said a quick goodbye and that was the end of that! I was a little early, so I went and got frozen yoghurt before I left.. with cheesecake bites.. unreal.

I'm on my wayyyy! by kz208, on Flickr

It took a little longer than anticipated to make it to my aunt’s place. Especially after I was blaring Rise Against and cruising along, and almost got pulled over by the popo. Oops. My GPS took me all over the sketchiest back roads of Truro, but eventually I made it to Lisa’s at the same time as the fam!

We went to Swiss Chalet for supper and had some catch up moments before heading on to our ritual stop: “The” Pre-Trip Tim Hortons. We actually got Cold Stone ice cream cookie sandwiches, but it’s more the principal of the thing..

Classic family stop! by kz208, on Flickr

Boo rah! by kz208, on Flickr

Soon enough, we made it to the Hilton that’s right by the airport. We all trucked our gear upstairs and chilled out for a few hours before bed.

Four adults and one room at the Hilton. Iffy. by kz208, on Flickr

I was trying to figure out how to turn my data off - quite the go ahead with a loaner phone – but it got sorted out and then it was time for sleep. Unfortunately, sleeping with C is like sleeping with a baby eel and pre-Disney excitement doesn’t mix well with sleep. Got a few hours eventually..

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 4

May… Fourth… MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU.

I needed the force when my alarm went off at 6:30AM. My whole body was in the kind of pain you only get from a full day of golf and EPCOT. I got in the shower first, and while Carly was getting ready, Mom and I headed down to get some caffeinated beverages. We were at the bus stop – in the rain, of course – at 8AM. As I said, we didn’t make a single opening shebang the entire trip.

Hiding from the raindrops again! by kz208, on Flickr

We walked into Hollywood Studios to moderate crowds and questionable weather. As we were passing the BAH, a father in a raincoat blasted pass – until a cast member yelled at him to stop running. Mom and I were in gales of laughter – only at Disney do grown men get reprimanded for racing to get fast passes. We went to Toy Story Midway Mania ourselves, and got FPs. Dad wasn’t interested in waiting, so we turned on our heels and headed for the best thing everrrrr.

Family love for the Studios! by kz208, on Flickr

More for Wes! by kz208, on Flickr

Quiet morning at Hollywood! by kz208, on Flickr

The Tower was a walk on the first time we rode it, so we made the loop and went on again. Ten minutes to wait wasn’t bad at all – and I’d say it was the best run of the day. Drop first, several window glimpses. Man, I live for that ride. Naturally, the next step was some Rockin’ Roller Coaster.. Mom decided to sit it out because her back was acting up, so Dad, Carly, and I hopped in the single rider line. C and I lucked out and got the back seats – holla!

HOW DO, PEOPLE! by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
At this point, we didn’t really know what to do with ourselves. There was an awkward amount of time before our TSMM passes were up. We just started to wander around, and came across some Star Wars friends..

Oooooooh dear.. by kz208, on Flickr

Boom! by kz208, on Flickr

The Storm Troopers walking around like bosses were probably my favourite. I made the executive decision that we were going to wait to meet Darth Vader. I’m boarding with a family while I do my Ed degree, and Wes (who’s 4) is obsessed with Star Wars and Darth Vader. It was a 40 minute wait in the end, but we were out of the rain and there were some absolutely ADORABLE kids that went through the line.

*heavy breathing* by kz208, on Flickr

The force is strong with this family. by kz208, on Flickr

Luckily, after our tryst with the dark side it was time for our Toy Story fast passes. Going in, the deal was that the winners buy breakfast. I’m happy to report that Carly and I won with a total of 242,200 – time for Starring Rolls, Baby!

Future winnaz. by kz208, on Flickr

Let's do this! by kz208, on Flickr

Go team! by kz208, on Flickr

Team win! by kz208, on Flickr

Carly and Dadder went in to wait in line while I took everyone’s cards to get ‘Coaster FPs. At this point, the crowds had built up considerably, but Hollywood was still manageable. When I got back, there were three massive cupcakes and a muffin on the table, along with my hot chocolate. Red Velvet and two different kinds of chocolate peanut butter were on the menu, including the special Vader cupcake! We made a plan for the next little bit and then it was time for a little shopping.

May the Fourth be with breakfast! by kz208, on Flickr

Much anticipated! by kz208, on Flickr

Favourite little place. by kz208, on Flickr

Carly and I were wandering around Keystone when I got a little Facebook message from our dear Courtney . She was on her way out of Hollywood Studios with Shaun. I was talking to the cast member at the cashier about the future Disney Ray Bans and when they’d be available. Two of my favourite things – Disney and Bans! Eeee! Anyway, I heard my name exclaimed very loudly and turned around to Miss Courtney! I was very excited, so I embraced her (I come from a family of huggers). I’m sure Shaun was like, WHO IS THIS GIRL?! Anyway, we had a little chat and then she was off to TrenD – no picture, somehow? We dropped the ball, love.

tiaragirl

Original Poster

Best and furriest backpack! by kz208, on Flickr

Mom and Dad found us in the shops and we decided to make our way down Sunset. On the way, we ran into some lovely citizens of Hollywood. I was pulled in to be a “judge” – very serious business. I love the Citizens of Hollywood – they’re always so funny, and the shows are so well done. I never regret taking the time to watch.

CITIZENZ. by kz208, on Flickr

As we kept up Sunset, we went in to watch Beauty and the Beast. This is easily in my Top 3 things to do at Disney World. I love it so much – from the songs to the costumes, to my absolute favourite: Gaston and Kill the Beast. While we waited, Dad entertained us by explaining how he had taken Andrew (my boyfriend) and two of the other guys on their March golf trip to see the show. I guess they got some strange looks.

One of the best sights at Disney! by kz208, on Flickr

Gaston just checkin' himself out. by kz208, on Flickr

KILL THE BEAST! by kz208, on Flickr

The show was fabulous as usual – tears, of course. The fam crossed the road and “spent” our fast passes to go see an Aerosmith show. Shockingly, we got backstage passes and a REALLY fast car – and the back, again.

Movie starz. by kz208, on Flickr

Cuties. by kz208, on Flickr

Classic love for Grampie Walt. by kz208, on Flickr

After the concert, we powwowed and decided to head back to Pop and then to Downtown Disney. It was nice to relax and we spent about two hours just chilling at Pop Century. Cozy times. Then, the race was back on – we ran to catch a Downtown Disney bus, which took us through some weird shortcut through Old Key West. On the way, I told my family the story of Duffy the Disney Bear, and they thought I was making it up.. nope, that’s the real story, people.

Off to sthop! by kz208, on Flickr

Yep, that's really Duffy's story... by kz208, on Flickr

Lots of wandering around happened at DTD, as always. There was a Chamilia trunk show going on, so I looked through all the lovely charms. Momma J and I were checking out some dresses when Courtney said hello again and literally confused my mother to death, which was entertaining until she grilled me later about meeting people on the Internet. Whatever. No one is going to steal me at Disney. I was on the hunt for some sterling silver Mickey studs for my second set of ear piercings.. no luck!

We went to Apricot Lane on the hunt for a dress for Carly to wear to Bryce’s graduation, but we had no luck. I found another “weird” dress and made that purchase – I did well with the $20 dresses this trip, that’s for sure.

With no luck dress shopping, we had a little bit of a spin, so Carly, Mom, and Dad headed back to Pop Century. Not going to lie, I was frustrated, so I decided to hang back. There were dance groups performing so I caught some of that – they were cute, but that’s about it. It wasn’t Dance Moms. I also went back to TrenD to pick out a charm. I’m proudly sporting a Mickey head charm and waving it around so as many people notice as possible. My Pandora is almost half Disney charms at this point.. it’s a lifestyle. I also ran into Little Miss Matched to get some socks for work – we have to go in sock feet at My Gym, so I’m flashing those around too!

New charm <3 by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Unfortunately, when I decided to head back to Pop to meet everyone, the bus hour took an hour. I had some chats with the cheerleaders and got the goods on their tournament. Seems like a pretty intense thing – I know we always complain about the cheer groups, but think of how high strung they must be.. they go alllll the way to Florida to do a three minute routine. I’d have an anxiety attack.

If we don't make it back... by kz208, on Flickr

By the time I landed at Pop, my family was waiting for me and we hitched a DHS bus almost immediately. We got a weird tour bus, which was questionable and Dad and I were pretty sure the unmarked bus was taking us to the middle Disney property and we’d never make it out – luckily we made it to Hollywood Studios in one piece.

Star Tours was up and running when we got into the park, so we trekked down to get some FPs and then took our place on Hollywood Blvd to wait for “Symphony in the Stars”. We were dance party-ing it up – right next to the guys from Studios Central, I’m pretty sure they got a booty pop or two – while waiting for the fireworks. When one has the opportunity, one should always put on a show.

Waitin' for the fireworks! by kz208, on Flickr

The fireworks were exceptionally well done. It was nice to see something different at DHS and the finale was incredible.

Symphony in the Stars. by kz208, on Flickr

It was time to head toward Star Tours. On the way, we stopped to see some Muppets. Carly sat it out – she’s not really a fan of the Spirit of 3D – and snap chatted Brycie. It was necessary to see this because between this trip and last I actually saw the Muppets movies.. makes a difference! Quite entertaining, indeed.

Quality advice for vous. by kz208, on Flickr

Snap snap snap! by kz208, on Flickr

Everyone taking a break at Muppets. by kz208, on Flickr

Off to tour dem starz. by kz208, on Flickr

Star Tours was great, as usual. We had some Wookies and some under water times – I’m not well versed in all things Star Wars, but it’s always a sweet ride. I’ll be a little nostalgic for the old Star Tours, but I appreciate the new one just as much.

Always in the mirror.. by kz208, on Flickr

For Miss @HollyBelle.

Bye, my looove. by kz208, on Flickr

After our spin, the fam convened and decided it was time to head out. It was still busy post-fireworks and we waited for two busses before we got out. There had been a traffic lane closed or something – we were back to the room by 11:30PM, so I had a chance to get my golf gear ready and set my alarm for 6:15AM. Golf-ey times ahead!

TheMouseFan

Loving your TR!! I agree that TOT is the best thing everrrrr!!!! Love the breakfast of champions! (it includes the two most important food groups, chocolate and sugar!:D) I must admit we consumed that same breakfast when we were there in December. Love the new charm! Where did you get the DCL one? I may have to find that one for my Chamilia bracelet as we just booked our first cruise for next June!

BYancey

Was the CM able to tell you when to expect the Disney Ray Bans? I've been impatiently waiting for them to be released!

PartOfYourWorld

LOVE THE DHS LOVE! :) You know that park is my main squeeze over there :) Did I seriously just say that? my main squeeze hah.

I think that's so freakin cool you got to drive around in that Mickey Mouse golf cart! My golf skillz are very poor...the ball tends to go backwards when we just go to the driving range...I can only imagine how I would be on an actual course! I can say I have some mad mini golf skillz though! :)

Props to you all for going through all that rain allllll day. I hate that. An hour a day in the afternoon for the beginning of our trip was good enough for me! :D

And how cool is that about China???? I hope you have an awesome and safe trip there!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read more of the report! I'm happy I didn't miss too much while I was away! :)

diddy_mouse

Those cupcakes, man....they look so delicious! Why have I been missing out on Starring Rolls for so long?!

Looks like fun times at the Studios. DHS pictures are splendid as usual and I'm jealous you were there on May The Fourth (I'm a big Star Wars fan :D)

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Loving your TR!! I agree that TOT is the best thing everrrrr!!!! Love the breakfast of champions! (it includes the two most important food groups, chocolate and sugar!:D) I must admit we consumed that same breakfast when we were there in December. Love the new charm! Where did you get the DCL one? I may have to find that one for my Chamilia bracelet as we just booked our first cruise for next June!

I wish I'd had the breakfast of champions this morning.. instead I had Oatmeal Crisp - little sugar and no chocolate!

I got the DCL one on the cruise! They're special to the ships, so you'll have to wait until you get there to buy one :) I think it was $45, I got it last February!

Love the mirror photo! You and your sister are adorable, and may I say, you both have the most fabulous eyebrows!

That mirror picture is for @HollyBelle - always need a Sweet Spells picture!

Thanks to the eyebrows! I take pride in them, hahaha. I've never been a skinny eyebrows girl.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
LOVE THE DHS LOVE! :) You know that park is my main squeeze over there :) Did I seriously just say that? my main squeeze hah.

I think that's so freakin cool you got to drive around in that Mickey Mouse golf cart! My golf skillz are very poor...the ball tends to go backwards when we just go to the driving range...I can only imagine how I would be on an actual course! I can say I have some mad mini golf skillz though! :)

Props to you all for going through all that rain allllll day. I hate that. An hour a day in the afternoon for the beginning of our trip was good enough for me! :D

And how cool is that about China???? I hope you have an awesome and safe trip there!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to read more of the report! I'm happy I didn't miss too much while I was away! :)

It's my "main squeeze" too, girl. Is it your man's main squeeze? Or are you his main squeeze? So much squeezing going on..

Unfortunately we didn't get to RIDE the cool golf cart, and Dad wouldn't take a picture of me in in - or let me take one of him - because we were in a rush, but that doesn't make it any less awesome! Ours still had Mickey ears on them.. good enoughf or me!

Rain at Disney is bad, but it's better than rain anywhere else. And it's usually much warmer than rain home - I'll take it. Glad it didn't rain too much on you, though!

Eeee thanks about China! Getting excited but very nervous and stressed. :( More TR-ing to come!

Those cupcakes, man....they look so delicious! Why have I been missing out on Starring Rolls for so long?!

Looks like fun times at the Studios. DHS pictures are splendid as usual and I'm jealous you were there on May The Fourth (I'm a big Star Wars fan :D)

Okay, you NEED to go to Starring Rolls! The line is sometimes long but SO worth it! Om nom nom. I love the chocolate peanut butter ones. :) Everyone else voted for Red Velvet, though!

May the Fourth was awesome! More DHS coming up, too!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 5

Hello, 6:10AM alarm. I know, I know – I’m at Disney! I’m going to play Osprey Ridge! But you’re talking to the girl who needs AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep a night, and if you tally up our wake ups and bedtimes this trip, you’ll quickly come to the realization that my sleep tank is more at the midway line than the full one.

Since we were light on sleep and we’d been heavy on rain, I decided to pass on the shower, opting for the girl trick of “wash your bangs and put on extra make up to fake it” as my method of getting ready. Also, sunscreen to avoid the golf tan.. lesson learned. I was getting ready in the dark, so as not to wake Sleeping Beauty, and almost took her sunglasses instead of mine. That would have been more Maleficent then Sleeping Beauty.

The morning was cool and windy, with some potentially threatening clouds hovering around. We were brave, got some caffeine (a step that was skipped on our previous golf excursion), and following Lorraine by 7AM. Unfortunately, Lorraine decided against picking up satellites – Dad was on the ball, though, and got us there on his own merit. Take that, Lorraine!

Silly Lorraine. by kz208, on Flickr

Morning golf! by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster

Never too early to shop! by kz208, on Flickr

Stealin' all the tees. by kz208, on Flickr

We hit the driving range, and I stole a few more golf tees that have “Disney World” on them – I love them, because they’re plastic and they last forever, and they say Disney – and “warmed up”. We met our fellow golfers on the first tee - Luc from Montreal (woo Canada!) and Bob from Tennessee. Honestly, we could have been a reality show this round. The father daughter team, the typical cocky Frenchman (a popular stereotype here in NB) and a very deaf guy from Tennessee. Hilarious.

Father Daughter team. by kz208, on Flickr

Goooooooood morning! by kz208, on Flickr

Osprey Love. by kz208, on Flickr

Pretty pretty. by kz208, on Flickr

Let's start the back (hole 10)! by kz208, on Flickr

I love Osprey Ridge. It’s probably my favourite Disney course. I always seem to pull it together on this one, despite the water and sand. We had a beautiful day and the course was in great shape. I shot 41 on the front, which is epic for the second round of the season. Unfortunately, the wheels came off the bus on the back, but I managed to make a MASSIVE putt for 48 – breaking 90 at Disney, holla holla!

Hole 18, Osprey Ridge! by kz208, on Flickr

BOOM, BABY! by kz208, on Flickr
Oh yeah – did I mention I beat Dad, too?

rani8600

[quote="

New charm <3 by kz208, on Flickr[/quote]

Love this charm:) i dont think i have seen it before...I will have to look out for it on my next trip.

Golf with you dad sounds like a lot of fun...its great you two get to take that time to hang out like that.

PartOfYourWorld

It's my "main squeeze" too, girl. Is it your man's main squeeze? Or are you his main squeeze? So much squeezing going on..

Unfortunately we didn't get to RIDE the cool golf cart, and Dad wouldn't take a picture of me in in - or let me take one of him - because we were in a rush, but that doesn't make it any less awesome! Ours still had Mickey ears on them.. good enoughf or me!

Rain at Disney is bad, but it's better than rain anywhere else. And it's usually much warmer than rain home - I'll take it. Glad it didn't rain too much on you, though!

Eeee thanks about China! Getting excited but very nervous and stressed. :( More TR-ing to come!

hahahaha a little too much squeezing going on....:D

oh man! I thought you got to ride in it!!!!! But that's still pretty cool it at least had Mickey ears on them!!!!!!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
hahahaha a little too much squeezing going on....:D

oh man! I thought you got to ride in it!!!!! But that's still pretty cool it at least had Mickey ears on them!!!!!!

Hahahah NEVER TOO MUCH SQUEEZING!

Mickey ears anywhere are cool.. I almost wore my Mickey shirt to art class today but it's likely I would have been judged.

sweetpee_1993

Wow! Y'all believe in shopping! Go on with yer bad self! Better than me. I'm growing old and grumpy...shopping is mostly the pits for me. Ugh!

Love love looooved all your golfin' fun! Great rounds for a new season, girl! I think my guys may be trying to find some links time in the very near future, too, especially now that my father-in-law is finally on the mend from his cancer treatment earlier this year. For a while there Tracey just didn't have the heart to go out knowing his dad couldn't go. It's the little things, those little moments, even on the course that take on a whole new meaning nowadays. Ya know?

I'm with ya on the lack of sleep. That's not something I do easily, either. I read so many reports where people are go-go-go'ing late into the nights then back up with the chickens to hit the rope-drops and I'm like, "My GOD! I would DIIIIEEEEE!!!! People could be maimed!" LOL!

Still eatin' up all the details even if I can't respond will all the little comments I think of as I'm laying in bed reading late at night. :D Cannot wait to see more of your adorable fam!

foreverbelle

Your sister and you are just incredibly cute. Seriously loving all the shots. And I am impressed I wouldn't know the first thing about playing golf, so I hand it to you sista!!

Ah yes days in the rain, I love how everyone flees the scenes, but I love trying to make the most of it so yeah.....

And the charm is adorable. How in the world did I miss this when I was down there is beyond me..

I haven't done the shops in Orlando, or the outlet so it was fun to 'go along with you' I doubt my boys would be up for a day of shopping, little man will hardly let us do grocery shopping these days but maybe one day I will be able to sneak out!!!

plaz10

So I've had next to zero time to WDWmagic it up as of late - so I'm not sure if it's better that I miss a few updates on your TR so I have more to read at one time...or if it's terrible because I don't comment after each update and if I do it's from like days ago and out of context. UGH. First world problem. Can't keep up with my Disney World trip report commenting in a reasonable time. o_O

Regardless - still loving the TR. I'm absolutely terrible at golf but Bill really enjoys it. So I could see us setting up a tee time for us in the future...but do you have to golf with strangers? Lol. Because I'm so bad (as I've only golfed ONCE) I don't think I'd want an audience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom