Look, it's the Animal King! - Family Vaca, 2013

Hello, lovelies!

I’ve been home for less than a week – fully suffering from Disney withdrawals. Luckily, the weather’s been beautiful and I’ve had visits from friends, so there are many distractions!

This trip was one of the good ones – you can’t go wrong with family vaca. Carly was on me all week, suggesting that I would make fun of her and post unattractive photos, but I would NEVER do that *shifty eyes*. Just kidding. We’ll see.

The trip started for me the day before we flew. I went to work in the morning at My Gym, and taught some cute four year olds how to do forward rolls and hit balloons using tennis rackets. I was home briefly to finish packing my stuff up, and then I went to say goodbye to Andrew. Unfortunately, he was in meetings so we said a quick goodbye and that was the end of that! I was a little early, so I went and got frozen yoghurt before I left.. with cheesecake bites.. unreal.

I'm on my wayyyy! by kz208, on Flickr

It took a little longer than anticipated to make it to my aunt’s place. Especially after I was blaring Rise Against and cruising along, and almost got pulled over by the popo. Oops. My GPS took me all over the sketchiest back roads of Truro, but eventually I made it to Lisa’s at the same time as the fam!

We went to Swiss Chalet for supper and had some catch up moments before heading on to our ritual stop: “The” Pre-Trip Tim Hortons. We actually got Cold Stone ice cream cookie sandwiches, but it’s more the principal of the thing..

Classic family stop! by kz208, on Flickr

Boo rah! by kz208, on Flickr

Soon enough, we made it to the Hilton that’s right by the airport. We all trucked our gear upstairs and chilled out for a few hours before bed.

Four adults and one room at the Hilton. Iffy. by kz208, on Flickr

I was trying to figure out how to turn my data off - quite the go ahead with a loaner phone – but it got sorted out and then it was time for sleep. Unfortunately, sleeping with C is like sleeping with a baby eel and pre-Disney excitement doesn’t mix well with sleep. Got a few hours eventually..

fractal

Broke 90 on a championship level course? Now I'm really impressed - and not because you are a lady. :)
I may have missed this but did you bring your own clubs or rent them?

Great report so far!

sweetpee_1993

Regardless - still loving the TR. I'm absolutely terrible at golf but Bill really enjoys it. So I could see us setting up a tee time for us in the future...but do you have to golf with strangers? Lol. Because I'm so bad (as I've only golfed ONCE) I don't think I'd want an audience.

Let's set up a tee time for the guys then the 2 of us can drive the carts and drink the beer. That's what I go for. :D Occasionally I'll play a par 3 hole but I keep my expectations very low. Tracey gets all mad and wants to throw things. He needs to lower his expectations and drink more beer. Just sayin'... LOL!

HouCuseChickie

What a great TR!!!!! Love all of the golf! I can talk to DH about your report, and he's actually interested! ;) Either way, even with the rain, looks like you had some great weather for your golf days. That's sooooooo exciting about getting to go to China! Also funny about seeing all of the Muppet Movies...we are up to our ears in Muppet stuff right now b/c someone had the bright idea of having a Muppet bday. :D Can't wait to read more!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Wow! Y'all believe in shopping! Go on with yer bad self! Better than me. I'm growing old and grumpy...shopping is mostly the pits for me. Ugh!

Love love looooved all your golfin' fun! Great rounds for a new season, girl! I think my guys may be trying to find some links time in the very near future, too, especially now that my father-in-law is finally on the mend from his cancer treatment earlier this year. For a while there Tracey just didn't have the heart to go out knowing his dad couldn't go. It's the little things, those little moments, even on the course that take on a whole new meaning nowadays. Ya know?

I'm with ya on the lack of sleep. That's not something I do easily, either. I read so many reports where people are go-go-go'ing late into the nights then back up with the chickens to hit the rope-drops and I'm like, "My GOD! I would DIIIIEEEEE!!!! People could be maimed!" LOL!

Still eatin' up all the details even if I can't respond will all the little comments I think of as I'm laying in bed reading late at night. :D Cannot wait to see more of your adorable fam!

Shopping is all relative though.. you can go all day and not find anything! I didn't do too bad, but I didn't do great either. You just get tired by the end of it and it's like THE HECK WITH THIS! Luckily all my friends liked they birthday gifts (so far) so it was worth it!

I thought of you when we were on the courses because you said you wanted pictures! If you want more, I have a bunch (didn't want to overflow the TR with grass). I'm glad that Tracey's dad is on the mend and that everyone is participating in some quality anger management again :)

Glad you're along for the ride, Kelly - TRs really are the best kind of late night reading!

Your sister and you are just incredibly cute. Seriously loving all the shots. And I am impressed I wouldn't know the first thing about playing golf, so I hand it to you sista!!

Ah yes days in the rain, I love how everyone flees the scenes, but I love trying to make the most of it so yeah.....

And the charm is adorable. How in the world did I miss this when I was down there is beyond me..

I haven't done the shops in Orlando, or the outlet so it was fun to 'go along with you' I doubt my boys would be up for a day of shopping, little man will hardly let us do grocery shopping these days but maybe one day I will be able to sneak out!!!

Hahah thank you! We're cute sometimes.. I always feel like Disney pictures are bad examples of what we actually look like because I can't think of the last time I got up and got ready every day for a week and showered and put makeup on! Hahaha.

I think the charm was fairly new.. but, like I said in an earlier comment, you can probably get it anywhere that sells Chamilia! I saw it in a store in Moncton, so it's likely you can get it in the States :)

So I've had next to zero time to WDWmagic it up as of late - so I'm not sure if it's better that I miss a few updates on your TR so I have more to read at one time...or if it's terrible because I don't comment after each update and if I do it's from like days ago and out of context. UGH. First world problem. Can't keep up with my Disney World trip report commenting in a reasonable time. o_O

Regardless - still loving the TR. I'm absolutely terrible at golf but Bill really enjoys it. So I could see us setting up a tee time for us in the future...but do you have to golf with strangers? Lol. Because I'm so bad (as I've only golfed ONCE) I don't think I'd want an audience.

It's okay, I know you've probably been in a depression because of the Pens.. I accept your late comments warm heartedly.

Usually they put you out with someone to make a foursome. This way, you optimize profits! The more people they put together the more $$. You meet really nice people that way!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Broke 90 on a championship level course? Now I'm really impressed - and not because you are a lady. :)
I may have missed this but did you bring your own clubs or rent them?

Great report so far!

*hairflip* I know, right?

Just kidding - I enjoy it and it's nice to be able to hold my own against a good portion of the golfing population!

We bring our own clubs down. It's a pain in the to drag them but it's worth it when you get to play your own clubs.

Let's set up a tee time for the guys then the 2 of us can drive the carts and drink the beer. That's what I go for. :D Occasionally I'll play a par 3 hole but I keep my expectations very low. Tracey gets all mad and wants to throw things. He needs to lower his expectations and drink more beer. Just sayin'... LOL!

Maybe I'll break someone's leg and come along.. or the guys can play and I can give you two (@plaz10) lessons ;)

But sometimes I want to throw things, too.. so maybe I'd have more luck with the gingers.

What a great TR!!!!! Love all of the golf! I can talk to DH about your report, and he's actually interested! ;) Either way, even with the rain, looks like you had some great weather for your golf days. That's sooooooo exciting about getting to go to China! Also funny about seeing all of the Muppet Movies...we are up to our ears in Muppet stuff right now b/c someone had the bright idea of having a Muppet bday. :D Can't wait to read more!

Yes, we had stunning golf days! If DH golfs he definitely should play some at Disney! THe courses are beautifulll!

I go for shots tomorrow for China! Eep!

'..raining lions and warthogs...'. That is just so brilliant!

Hahahahah thank you, thank you!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
When Dad and I got back to Pop Century, Mom and Carly were waiting for us – it was around 1:15PM at this point. Mom and Dad went down to get a pizza while I showered in an attempt to pull myself together. It was about 3:15PM when we left for Magic Kingdom, and we had to wait a bit for a bus so we took the time to photo op it up.

Snapchattinz by kz208, on Flickr

Popopop Century love! by kz208, on Flickr

They don't love us. by kz208, on Flickr

Made it! by kz208, on Flickr

The first thing we decided to do when we got to MK was to meet the man himself. So much love for my Mickey – his new digs weren’t too bad, though the lighting is absolutely terrible. We met some nice people in line, though, so the wait that was supposed to be 20 minutes but was actually more like 35 was just fine.

Mickey fam. by kz208, on Flickr

Mickey's girls. by kz208, on Flickr

However, after we got out Dad was all business – we made a beeline to Splash Mountain to get FPs while Carly and Dad went to Crystal Palace to see if they could score reservations – there were some available, but they were precariously close to the Electrical Parade so we opted out. I love Crystal Palace, so that was a little sad, but oh well! There will be other trips!

Momma and I met up with the other two hooligans at Pirates and we hopped in line. The wait was about 25 minutes, and it actually was that long. Obviously, the crowds were heavier then they had been at the beginning of the trip (and even compared to earlier in the day, attested the non-golfers). While in line, Mom and Dad tried to plan the upcoming – last, wah – day of the trip. They kept talking about going offsite for lunch and I finally had to come clean that I had booked a SURPRISE dining reservation at Mama Melrose’s for our last day as a thank you/Mother’s Day surprise. SIGH. Anyway, all was sorted as we got on our Pirate boat.

Pirates. by kz208, on Flickr

Arrrr! by kz208, on Flickr

Pirate sighting! by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
What to do, what to do.. we had a weird amount of time before our Fast Pass was up. On the hunt for a bathroom (seriously, how are we STILL hunting for bathrooms?!) we stopped in Frontierland for something Carly had been looking for the whole trip: frozen lemonade. It was the “wrong” kind, but it was hot so we got one and parked out on a curb. Very classy. While we were chilling – pun! – Brer everyone came out and had an intense dance party. Good for them – it was darn hot and the kids were loving it! I sat this one out, as I’m more of a freestyle dancer..

Frontierland jamz. by kz208, on Flickr

Lemonade time! by kz208, on Flickr

Nomz. by kz208, on Flickr

Off to Splash – boom! I skirted the crowds and got us Big Thunder FPs and then we braved the massive line to get into the FP line. As you can see, it was a litte congested in the Splash Mountain area. Those poor CMs!

Splashin'! by kz208, on Flickr

Little line up for Splash! by kz208, on Flickr

I escaped Splash mostly unscathed. Mom went weenie and put on a poncho – an unacceptable Disney act. Carly’s butt got the worst of it and Dad got a pretty good ricochet splash.

Weenie poncho. by kz208, on Flickr

:) by kz208, on Flickr

Time for a little walk around Magic Kingdom! It’s quite the magical place. We made it to the Mad Tea Party – ish – before realizing we had no idea what we were doing. Mom and I decided to head over to move it and shake it and celebrate it, while Carly and Dad headed to do something in Tomorrowland area.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I can’t speak for Dad and Carly, but Mom and I had a blast - definitely moved it and shook it and celebrated it! There was a photopass photographer that decided to make us her muses.. the pictures turned out horrible, but we were obviously putting on an excellent show. We danced a half hour away and went to meet up with Dad and Carly. They had Fastpassed Buzz for later in the evening, since the wait time was up over 40 minutes.

HEY MICKEY! by kz208, on Flickr

Move it, Shake it! by kz208, on Flickr

Celebrate it! by kz208, on Flickr

Main Street dancin'! by kz208, on Flickr
Current profile picture, rockin it out.

Waiting for Merida! by kz208, on Flickr

Big Thunder Mountain was great, as usual. I got to ride with Momma, which was nice – normally I force Lauren on this ride, so it was nice to have a willing copilot. It was super sunny – finally, sun!

We went our separate ways after that – Carly and I went to check Crystal Palace to see if there were any openings that would suit our schedule. There wasn’t. It was a bit of a bummer, but Carly and I were up for a hot dog so it was off to Casey’s!

Pretty. by kz208, on Flickr

The line wasn’t too bad, but there was no where to sit. Luckily, my sissy is a very intelligent young woman and suggested we go eat in the Rose Garden. Off we went, with fries, hot dogs, and drinks in tow – things were a little cool by the time we got there, but the baby ducks made up for the mediocre food. Carly kept feeding the ducklings, which I did not approve of.. I think she might have done it to annoy me.

Photoshootz. by kz208, on Flickr

Take a picture of me! by kz208, on Flickr

After the noms, I was on the hunt for a new profile picture. I know, very first world problems-y. Turns out I used the move it, shake it picture anyway but WHATEVER. Carly rolled her eyes all the way through, and then made fun of me. “Oh, take a picture of me”, “Again”, “ONE MORE!”. I love her, but I don’t always like her.

"You suck. Smile." by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
It was time to rendez vous at Buzz with the ‘rents. We made it right on time and Mom quickly squashed any hopes of us beating her. We’re not a high scoring Space Ranger family, so her 229k.

Fam MK love. by kz208, on Flickr

Next up was SHOPPING! Early in the trip, Dad had purchased me some lovely golf capris – it was time for Carly to get her trip treat! She ended up getting the carriage charm for her Chamilia! She wanted the Cinderella one, but because of the trunk show they were sold out all over the World. Next time!

By this time, it was around 8PM and there were people lining Main Street. Since we wanted good seats, we decided to sit it out. We grabbed some curb by the popcorn vender – how we didn’t buy popcorn the whole time is beyond me. It always smells so good.

Looove of my life. by kz208, on Flickr

We made some friends from St. Louis and a lovely Cast Member from New York. Her name was Amber, and she was talking up the CP. Seemed like she had an amazing experience – I always get so jealous when people talk about it. I know I would have loved it.

Finally, it was time for Main Street Electrical Parade. While it seemed glitzier than usual, I can’t seem to bond with MSEP like I do with Spectromagic. For one thing, the music in MSEP drives me crazy… no tears were shed. However, sobs were happening during Celebrate the Magic. It’s unreal how they do those projections – the Tangled one just kills me. Many tears.

At last I see the light. by kz208, on Flickr

I think I took the fewest pictures I’ve ever taken during Wishes. It was nice just to enjoy it and listen to one of my most favourite scores with the best fireworks. We had a family group hug in the middle of Main Street after it was over. Everyone was teary. We love family vaca.

Wishes, dream a dream! by kz208, on Flickr

Wishes finale! by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Mom and Dad headed back to Pop Century and Carly and I headed to Fantasyland. It was time to see Storytime with Belle – and the wait was only 15 minutes, which was a huge score. Mom was pretty annoyed that we had such a short wait but they were already at the busses by the time we messaged them! Ya snooze, ya lose!

I hadn’t read anything about Storytime, so it was a big impressive surprise. From the mirror (which amazed both Carly and I) to Lumiere to the really adorable families enjoying the show.

Beauty! by kz208, on Flickr

We did Voyage of the Little Mermaid next – I have “stars” written down, but I’m not quite sure what that means. I guess I need to ride it again! Afterwards, we headed to Gaston’s – we didn’t get a cinnamon roll, which I now fully regret, and moved along to Tomorrowland.

Since it was last night, we didn’t really anticipate the 45 minute wait for Space Mountain. That was a little bit of a bummer, but we went back to Buzz and I beat Carly. So pro. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor was next up – I can’t help but love it. C and I hypothesized that the reason Dad taps out of THIS attraction is that he is afraid of being “that guy”. Pretty legitimate theory.

Pathetic. by kz208, on Flickr

We were tired with very sore feet, so it was time to head out of Magic Kingdom. It’s always sad to leave – so guess what happened. That’s right, tears! As I get older, I realize how fortunate we are to not only go on trips, but we get to go with our family and enjoy it. Always magical.

At the bus by 12:12AM.

prfctlyximprct

I am in love with your trip report! You and your sister are gorgeous! I'm going to the world with my best friend since kindergarten, who I consider to be "my sister", so this is making me beyond excited! I consider myself to be a VERY emotional disney-goer, so I can totally relate to all the moments you mention tears! Wishes gets me everything, especially when they do the Peter Pan part, "I never wanna grow up, off to neverland!" I have 33 longggggggg days to go, so thanks for holding me over :) :)

diddy_mouse

"Brer everyone came out and had an intense dance party" <--- This line made me laugh out loud! :D

Oy, your description of the last night watching Wishes just kills me. I feel the exact same way...that show will always hold a special place in my heart. I have yet to see Celebrate The Magic (we always seem to be either riding something or walking to our spot for the fireworks) and I just know I won't have a dry eye while watching. *le sigh*

Another great TR!

P.S. Best wishes for you in China!

LeCellier.Lover

I have to say I creeped on your Facebook and saw that that was your profpic, so cute!
That's too funny how Carly was making fun of you for just tryna get a good Facebook picc haha!
I love how you got to spend some quality time with both mama and daddio, those are the best :)
I also love those bright pink capris you have on, so adorable! Wish I could wear my pair of pink ones when I go in a few weeks, but it may be a bit too hot for them..?
Can't wait to read the rest!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I am in love with your trip report! You and your sister are gorgeous! I'm going to the world with my best friend since kindergarten, who I consider to be "my sister", so this is making me beyond excited! I consider myself to be a VERY emotional disney-goer, so I can totally relate to all the moments you mention tears! Wishes gets me everything, especially when they do the Peter Pan part, "I never wanna grow up, off to neverland!" I have 33 longggggggg days to go, so thanks for holding me over :) :)

Aw, thank you for the compliments! My bestie and I go to Disney together pretty frequently - it's the best! Only certain things make Lauren emotional, but those are the things that make me EXTRA emotional so we're usually puddles - the rest of the time she rolls her eyes at me! Love Laur.

Your countdown is getting shorter! Have a great trip!

Love the bright pants you and Carly are sporting at MK. I don't know if I could pull those off but you two look fab!! :)

Congrats on the good golf score!! And I'm with @sweetpee_1993 , I'll help her drive the gold cart and drink the beer!!! :D

So funny, I'm actually wearing them right now, waiting for class to start! I got them at Gap for like 13$ - hard to say no!

Drive my golf cart!

"Brer everyone came out and had an intense dance party" <--- This line made me laugh out loud! :D

Oy, your description of the last night watching Wishes just kills me. I feel the exact same way...that show will always hold a special place in my heart. I have yet to see Celebrate The Magic (we always seem to be either riding something or walking to our spot for the fireworks) and I just know I won't have a dry eye while watching. *le sigh*

Another great TR!

P.S. Best wishes for you in China!

Well it came out of nowhere! I don't know what that dance party was about but man, respect.

Trust me, Celebrate the Magic will just be killer for you if you're like that at Wishes.

Thanks for the well wishes - it's hard to believe I only have about 9 weeks until go time! Maybe you'll all get a Hong Kong Disneyland TR out of it!

I have to say I creeped on your Facebook and saw that that was your profpic, so cute!
That's too funny how Carly was making fun of you for just tryna get a good Facebook picc haha!
I love how you got to spend some quality time with both mama and daddio, those are the best :)
I also love those bright pink capris you have on, so adorable! Wish I could wear my pair of pink ones when I go in a few weeks, but it may be a bit too hot for them..?
Can't wait to read the rest!

Heheh creepin' on Facebook, huh? Gotta love it!
Carly makes fun of me for just about everything - I try to convince my whole family that having pictures will be wonderful when we're old but they still get mad at me, anyway!
My parents are the best, I'm lucky that I get to spend time with them <3

sweetpee_1993

Kenzie, everyone says it...I say it lots...but it's just SOOOOO true: Y'all are just too dang cute! Adorable! Such a sweet little family full of Disney love! I only *wish* we could be that cute! **sigh** Maybe if I'd had girls....

Anywhoo, I fully understand Carly's dilemna with the frozen lemonade. There is, in fact, a right and a wrong kind. The right kind is PINK. It's sweeter and less tangy. See? I KNOW! Tracey loves the stuff. We've had issues finding the right and wrong kind in the past so I can totally identify. Don't worry, Carly. I got ya on this one, girl! ;)

Your sista-bright-pantsies were such a great choice! Love the flair! If only I was 15 years younger and 20 lbs. lighter, I'd be all over those, too!

I've not found the nightime castle projection show thingy as delightful as others but I can admit to a strange girl-weakness when it comes to that dang Tangled song. Makes me weepy just to hear it. I think all us girlies can relate in some way so it captures those emotions and squeezes 'em right out of our eye sockets. Then all the girlies are standing around with leaking faces. I know. I think that part is definitely a girl thing. LOL!

Still love love lovin' on the trippie. Can't wait to see how it all finishes.

((Eeek! BTW! I think Chandler is rubbing off on me! It has come to my attention that years back when he was in public school that term "Ginger" he got called that a LOT and it really reeeeaaaaaally like super-bad bothers him. Bad bad BAD. Before our recent cruise with my brother he had joked about having tshirts made that said "I'm with the Gingers". Chandler threatened to steal the shirts and burn them. And not speak to Knuckle Jerry for the rest of eternity. He got sooooo upset! Surprised me, really. Just when you think he's let go of all that bad stuff it comes right back up in full-force. We've addressed it further -AGAIN-. Still, part of me doesn't get the reasoning in how that word can be such a terrible thing but then I guess I sorta do. Nobody likes to be labeled, 'specially when it's a bad thing. So now, when I see/hear that term I have this like radar thing going on that pricks my little mom-nerve and I'm all icy-glare. It's so weird considering I don't really have a negative association with that word. Well, other than my primal mom thing where I want to obliterate anyone or anything that brings anything negative to one of my babies even when they aren't at all babies anymore. You still need any subjects for study???? LOL!))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom