Look, it's the Animal King! - Family Vaca, 2013

Hello, lovelies!

I’ve been home for less than a week – fully suffering from Disney withdrawals. Luckily, the weather’s been beautiful and I’ve had visits from friends, so there are many distractions!

This trip was one of the good ones – you can’t go wrong with family vaca. Carly was on me all week, suggesting that I would make fun of her and post unattractive photos, but I would NEVER do that *shifty eyes*. Just kidding. We’ll see.

The trip started for me the day before we flew. I went to work in the morning at My Gym, and taught some cute four year olds how to do forward rolls and hit balloons using tennis rackets. I was home briefly to finish packing my stuff up, and then I went to say goodbye to Andrew. Unfortunately, he was in meetings so we said a quick goodbye and that was the end of that! I was a little early, so I went and got frozen yoghurt before I left.. with cheesecake bites.. unreal.

I'm on my wayyyy! by kz208, on Flickr

It took a little longer than anticipated to make it to my aunt’s place. Especially after I was blaring Rise Against and cruising along, and almost got pulled over by the popo. Oops. My GPS took me all over the sketchiest back roads of Truro, but eventually I made it to Lisa’s at the same time as the fam!

We went to Swiss Chalet for supper and had some catch up moments before heading on to our ritual stop: “The” Pre-Trip Tim Hortons. We actually got Cold Stone ice cream cookie sandwiches, but it’s more the principal of the thing..

Classic family stop! by kz208, on Flickr

Boo rah! by kz208, on Flickr

Soon enough, we made it to the Hilton that’s right by the airport. We all trucked our gear upstairs and chilled out for a few hours before bed.

Four adults and one room at the Hilton. Iffy. by kz208, on Flickr

I was trying to figure out how to turn my data off - quite the go ahead with a loaner phone – but it got sorted out and then it was time for sleep. Unfortunately, sleeping with C is like sleeping with a baby eel and pre-Disney excitement doesn’t mix well with sleep. Got a few hours eventually..

DimpledDevil18

Loved the TR! You have a lovely family and it's so nice that you and your sister get along so well! (Wish I could say the same for my sister and I!)

Good luck in China! That really sounds like it'll be quite an experience. Definitely better than my student teaching!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Thank you so much for sharing!!! :)

Thanks for following along!

Are we going to hear about the last morning, or is this TR over? I don't want want it to end...

Sorry! Yes, I'm going to start writing it right now. My life is INSANE lately, and this fell to the wayside!

ALSO:

@sweetpee_1993 I didn't mean to offend! Some of my favourite people are of the red hair, and I love them with all my heart. My oldest friend and my best friend from Mount A are "gingers". It's so weird how language has that effect on people based on experiences. Sometimes it's out of love. I'm sorry that the boys had such a bad experience :(

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Loved the TR! You have a lovely family and it's so nice that you and your sister get along so well! (Wish I could say the same for my sister and I!)

Good luck in China! That really sounds like it'll be quite an experience. Definitely better than my student teaching!

Thank you! Sometimes we don't get along - in fact, when I was last home we had quite the blow out.

I appreciate your well wishes! Any advice on practicum?

DimpledDevil18

Thank you! Sometimes we don't get along - in fact, when I was last home we had quite the blow out.

I appreciate your well wishes! Any advice on practicum?

Well I'm sure that things are a lot different in China, but take the good with the bad. If you do find yourself with a negative mentor teacher take it as an example if what NOT to do when you have your own classroom. Don't be afraid to try things or to take a leadership role in the classroom. I'm sure you won't have very many discipline issues to worry about in China lol.

foreverbelle

I agree with her, its so nice to see you and your sis get together. I at times wish I was a lot closer than I am to my sisters...sigh.

Again I love it and China?? I mean how amazing is that......

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I agree with her, its so nice to see you and your sis get together. I at times wish I was a lot closer than I am to my sisters...sigh.

Again I love it and China?? I mean how amazing is that......

We're different in a lot of ways, but we're the same in important ones - we put our differences aside for Disney and emotional breakdowns.

China is so soon now! We booked tickets! Eep!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 6

What’s worse than the pounding in your heels? Waking up and knowing it’s your last day in the World is definitely up there. We were up at 7:30AM and ready to go shortly after. We had a huge wait at the bus stop, but there were nice people around to chat with.

When we hit Hollywood Studios we went to grab Toy Story FPs. The return time was already 11:30. Taking a slight detour, we headed into the Legend of Jack Sparrow, or whatever it’s called. It’s probably not necessary to mention that it was WAY better than Narina, that the projections were AWESOME, or that the skeletons were super creepy.. most of the kids were either crying or asleep, so I think the awesomeness of the technology was lost on them but whatever!

Afterwards, we headed off to the Tower. It was a 10 minute wait, and we dropped first which is always a winning combination. Dad, Carly, and I went off to the single riders line of the Rockin’ Roller Coaster. After an awesome run, Carly and I did the Coaster two more times in the single riders line which Mom and Dad jetted off around Hollywood. The guy working the doors in the “Studio” was hilarious – “The best Fastpass is passing someone in front of you – FAST!”

Starting the day off right! by kz208, on Flickr

But something is about to happen that will change all that.. by kz208, on Flickr

We met at 11AM for Indiana Jones. I hadn’t seen this show in forever. Actually. it’s totally possible that in all my trips to Disney I’ve only ever seen the show one time. The “Russian” plant was hilarious and the show was good. Definitely glad that we made the effort to see it.

Indy, where you at? by kz208, on Flickr

It was time for our Toy Story rematch. Luckily, Carly and I pulled it out and beat them by 10k. The end of TSMM always gets so intense – I wish there was a way to practice for the bonus round!

Cute for losers. by kz208, on Flickr

Winnaz. by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster
After TSMM, we headed off to the Backlot Tour. It’s been so long since we did this, it was basically like a new experience. Mom had peanuts and Nibs while we waited, so that made it even better. I love the costume section – and Mom was shocked at the Canyon. It all is très shocking. We spent some time checking out the artifacts and then…

Hitchhikin' to the Backlot. by kz208, on Flickr

Tourin' by kz208, on Flickr

It's a catastrophe, dance with me.. by kz208, on Flickr

Mama Melrose’s “surprise” reservations! I checked in and we waited outside in the sun for about 10 minutes before our buzzer went off. Our menu choices included two chicken parmesans, an Italian flatbread, and a penne. I had the flatbread and it was spicy and wonderful. It was nice to sit down and have a few laughs with the family on the last day.

Waitin' for ressies! by kz208, on Flickr

Checkin' out the eats. by kz208, on Flickr

Momma and I at Mama's. by kz208, on Flickr

Teefs. by kz208, on Flickr

Peekin' and thinking of @WishIWasAtWDW

Peekaboo! by kz208, on Flickr

It was about 2:30 at this time, and we headed out of the park to take a little break. In the end, we took a run to a gigantic Target. I got some little odds and ends, and happily took a nap when we got back to the room. It was also time to arrange receipts to avoid uncomfortable customs times.

SO TIRED. by kz208, on Flickr

tiaragirl

Original Poster

1990 baby. by kz208, on Flickr

Last run "to" bus ride :( by kz208, on Flickr

Best family picture. by kz208, on Flickr

At 7:15PM we headed back to Hollywood Studios for our last hurrah of vacation. We grabbed some FastPass for Rockin’ Roller Coaster and got on the Tower – easily the best run of the weekend, with lots of up to the windows and a drop first. I got a quick picture for Lauren of “our bathroom” signs outside the Tower – I had to ask a man and his kid to move and got some weird looks, but I did it anyway.

Excuse me, could you move? I need a picture of that sign.. by kz208, on Flickr

Totally would fit. by kz208, on Flickr

Seriously though.. by kz208, on Flickr

And then, finally, it was time for Fantasmic. It’s my favourite. I think. Unless I’m watching Wishes, and then Wishes is my favourite. I’m so conflicted. Anyway, the “pump up” people before Fantasmic were a little hard on the head. You can only play so many rounds of “finish that song”..

There's my boy! by kz208, on Flickr

The show was great, as usual. I can never take a good picture of Fantasmic, but I assure you that the villains’ costumes were just as wonderful and sparkly as usual!

With tears in my eyes from Mickey appearing and then disappearing like the tease he is, we headed off to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster and got the back seats. Dude Looks Like A Lady, have you heard?

Please "get" this..

How do, people? by kz208, on Flickr

The last ride for the whole family was the Tower of Terror. We rode with a group that were determined to ride it 13 times before night’s end. I would have joined in if they weren’t hammer heads and already halfway through their count. Thirteen Tower rides? That would be awesome.

Let me in, I want to stay! by kz208, on Flickr

Mom and Dad headed out at this point. Carly and I hopped right back on the Tower and got the most unreal picture OF ALL TIME. However, we were too cheap to buy it and I now regret it with my whole heart.

Best Tower pic ever. by kz208, on Flickr

We hopped back on RNRC and then returned to the Tower. And then, confusion. Dad wanted us to pick things up for Mom for Mother’s Day, but we left it a little too long and the surprises got locked up with the nice stores. Luckily, we’re awesome little shoppers and found some solid alternatives.

The last stop of the night was Sweet Spells. I got a bag of sour Jelly Belly’s for Andrew. They came to $3.04, which I thought was pretty reasonable, so I went back and got some for the flight home. I got a similar sized bag, and it came to $1.66. I looked up at Justin from somewhere-that-started-with-M, with a confused expression, and then gave him two bucks.. “don’t ask questions”. Justin, I love you.

JUSTIN I LOVE YOU. by kz208, on Flickr

Pop Century was beckoning, so we walked slowly down Hollywood Blvd around 12:30 – back to Pop, and then heading for home.

tiaragirl

Original Poster
May 7

Everythaaaang Pop. by kz208, on Flickr

Travel day, but Mom and I got up early to walk over to Art of Animation. After a last coffee in the refillable mugs, we took the bridge over.

Off to AoA! by kz208, on Flickr

Going home? Hakuna Matata, you'll be back! by kz208, on Flickr

It’s possible that my favourite part was the elephant graveyard.

An elephant what?! by kz208, on Flickr

Selfies with Rafiki. by kz208, on Flickr

Kachow! by kz208, on Flickr

As we were heading back to Pop, we ran into some kids who were the “good guys” and we were the pirates.. luckily, they shot me down. I died a good death though, sprawled out on the cement in front of the play area. Maysell go out with a bang!

Ach, shot down. by kz208, on Flickr
It was back to Canada after that.. but Mom managed to keep the magic going on our gigantic layover in Montreal.

Guess who’s looking up cruises for November..

Cruise or lose. by kz208, on Flickr

Thanks for following along!Keep an eye out - I might have a Hong Kong Disneyland report after my adventures in China. I'll do my best, anyway!

TheMouseFan

I'm so sad your report is over!:( I agree that 13 rides on TOT would be awesome! Too bad nobody in my family would do it with me. My husband rides it, but he doesn't like it! My oldest two rode it last time with me and DD says not again, and my DS says he'll give it another try next June! My youngest won't even try it. Good luck and have fun in China!

jkl2000

Bravo! What an epic trip. It was an honor getting to know you, your family, and the way you do Disney World. I learned a lot, which I'll put into good use in October. Thanks!

foreverbelle

Sounds like a fabulous way to end a vacation. It is always heartbreaking of course but you seem to handle it like a pro.....

Cruising in November are we???? Hmmm sounds like the perfect way to cure the post vacation blues indeed!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
I'm so sad your report is over!:( I agree that 13 rides on TOT would be awesome! Too bad nobody in my family would do it with me. My husband rides it, but he doesn't like it! My oldest two rode it last time with me and DD says not again, and my DS says he'll give it another try next June! My youngest won't even try it. Good luck and have fun in China!

WHAT? You need a family transplant! Just kidding - when they get older, they WILL appreciate it again. Don't worry! My sister was the biggest of babies.. and look at her go! Thank you for the luck and well wishes <3

Bravo! What an epic trip. It was an honor getting to know you, your family, and the way you do Disney World. I learned a lot, which I'll put into good use in October. Thanks!

Thank you! Animal King story coming right up..

Kenzie, I LOVE IT!! :D I feel so special to get a shout out! And I love the picture.

I'm sad your trip report is over. I really enjoyed all of your pictures! I love the Tower of Terror picture! That is priceless! The best way to cure the Disney blues is knowing when you are going again. A November cruise sounds like just the thing! :D

Unfortunately, the November cruise is just for Mom and Dad - and Nannie and Grampie! Dad's turning 55 and Grampie is turning 80, so Mom/Dad are taking them!

You deserve a shout out, I love your TRs!

Love it! Sounds like you had so much fun, really can't wait to go in Sept now!

Eeee, have the best trip!

tiaragirl

Original Poster
Look, it's the Animal King!

It has come to my attention that I never explained the story behind the title of this trip report!

On one of our mornings we were "standing room only" on the bus. Mom and I were giddy and chatting - loudy. As we were passing Art of Animation, she bends down, looks out the window, and goes "LOOK, IT'S THE ANIMAL KING"! Safe to say I made fun of her for the rest of the bus ride, and the rest of the trip.

So, in case anyone is wondering, Simba is not only the LION king, he's the ANIMAL king!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom