Living With The Land January 2010 Refurb

EPCOTPluto

I see the point of the finale, and don't mind it at all, but I won't mind if it was tweaked for something new...

That final scene with the video screens needs to have the song back. There's no reason, unless they can come up with a better song.

I love the score from Living with the Land and it really brings me back to the 94 Nestle/Food Rocks era.

But yes it would be nice if they could do the same thing with Listen to the Land than they did with Canada (You're A Lifetime Journey).
I also love the current score for LwtL, and would also applaud if they do reinstate the song, though I could also see the song overrule the current score for it to then be arranged throughout LwtL.

EPCOT Explorer

I see the point of the finale, and don't mind it at all, but I won't mind if it was tweaked for something new...

I also love the current score for LwtL, and would also applaud if they do reinstate the song, though I could also see the song overrule the current score for it to then be arranged throughout LwtL.

Use the same guitar arrangement on the song. THAT would be awesome.:D

EPCOTPluto

Why did they remove that anyway!? It was very nice. I remember all the fiber optic roots...

I hope they look at that concept, again.
I hazard a guess and shall say perhaps it was about the people who live on the land, rather than the land itself.

And yes, the Fiber Optic roots and vines were pretty neat...

DisneyCanadian

It's a fun ride and I'm glad it is getting some care.

A tropical area sounds very interesting. Doesn't sound like a big refurb, but anything is welcome!

RSoxNo1

They ran fastpass for this over Thanksgiving weekend. I think on this ride they artificially generate waits. The demand almost never dictates a long wait for it.

JimboJones123

The "Listen to the Land" song embodies the spirit of the entire pavilion.

The Land experience used to be a huge experience. The ride would tell you about living with the land. The food court allowed you to experience a bountiful harvest (unlike the current offerings of Asian food and the same sandwich selection you can find at any value hotel food court). The show was a lighthearted message on nutrition selection. The several hour experience was always a highlight.

Altogether, the theme of "Listen to the Land" stuck as an ongoing reminder to respect what makes life possible.

In today's green world, this song would bring forward the true message and purpose of the pavillion, and push visitors forward once again to a brighter, cleaner, healthier tomorrow.

TOTGuy

I'll be happy for them to finally get the new boats. When I worked there we had problems with the boats sinking all the time! These boats will also allow for wheelchairs to be loaded facing forward instead of backwards. This will prevent CMs from "taking a dip" against their will. Thinking of that water just makes me *shudder*

sweetpee_1993

If anyone has dates, please let us January travelers know!
Why does it feel like we always miss out :cry:

My guess is nobody has dates yet because nobody answers or acknowledges the question. If it's closed while we are there it'll be okay. Not the end of the world. It'll just give us more to look forward to next go around. The stuff mentioned in this thread for the refurb sounds great.

EPCOT Explorer

My guess is nobody has dates yet because nobody answers or acknowledges the question. If it's closed while we are there it'll be okay. Not the end of the world. It'll just give us more to look forward to next go around. The stuff mentioned in this thread for the refurb sounds great.

Yep, not dates...:lol: :( ...Yet!

Esdeebee

I know for a while there was talk of LWTL going down again soon for a more noticeable refurb. Well ladies and gentlemen, I can now confirm this is true as well as shed some light on what is to be done.This information was told to me by a manager who operates the greenhouses on the attraction.

First of all, new boats are coming. They were suppose to come with the last refurb, but they didn't fit in the canals, so new ones are being built and they should be here in January. the new boats will be shaped a little differently than the current fleet.

Second, a new narration is coming! Apparently the managers have some say in what goes into it this time, which is interesting.

Third, there will apparently be a new tropical greenhouse environment added.

Last, he mentioned how the video segments and ending might be changed if the right strings are pulled. At least the video segments in the barn should be, but possibly the ending as well.

So there ya go, some interesting new info on another refurb of Living With the Land. Feel free to discuss!

I think this ride could use some updating. I wonder if they'll include anything about the vertical farming concept that's been showcased in various publications? I think it would be perfect for the Future Land theme...

musketeer

I don't know why, but for some reason, I just LOVE the part where the narration says: "Here at Epcot, we're learning that...."

It's one of the few rides in all of Walt Disney World that acknowledges you are ACTUALLY in Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom