Living With The Land January 2010 Refurb

Animaniac93-98

I have zero inside knowledge, but I suspect it's a little more complicated than just "the boats didn't fit" the canals. What if it were something more along the lines of having forgotten the turning radius at whatever the sharpest turn is? Sure, the boat can easily fit and navigate the canals in most places, but could be a turn issue. Or maybe the shape/design does not trigger the signaling devices correctly. Or maybe somebody forgot about some sort of "obstacle" at the bottom of one/some of the canals? I guess what I am saying is, it could more complex than just "they didn't fit".

Which is why I said "if true" in my post. According to Horizons1 it is though, probably for the reasons you mentioned. There could have been communications problems too with those who gathered the information to design the new boats and those who actually built them.

Still, your list of problems are the kinds of things that should have been inspected or doubled checked prior to building the new boats. The bottom of the old boats could have been examined, the track in all it's curves and obstacles etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is, everybody should be double, triple checking their work and where it got sent to.

Horizons1

Which is why I said "if true" in my post. According to Horizons1 it is though, probably for the reasons you mentioned. There could have been communications problems too with those who gathered the information to design the new boats and those who actually built them.

Still, your list of problems are the kinds of things that should have been inspected or doubled checked prior to building the new boats. The bottom of the old boats could have been examined, the track in all it's curves and obstacles etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is, everybody should be double, triple checking their work and where it got sent to.

I can't remember exactly but I'll talk to my manager tomorrow, get you what I can of the full details. But you are right to question. That is the same thing most of us asked when we were told they made the wrong size boats.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess what I'm trying to say is, everybody should be double, triple checking their work and where it got sent to.
They should, but it isn`t the first time brand new boats didn`t fit...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Even NASA gets it wrong sometimes...wasn't one mars satellite messed up because they couldn't get standard vs. metric right?

EPCOT Explorer

Bring back the damn song.

What would it hurt? Really.

Would the attraction lose creditability?

What would be wrong with it?
Exactly the first thing out of a friends mouth the second I told her today.:D

That was the magic of EPCOT Center. Everything had a great message, and in music too. I'd love to see it back.
Even NASA gets it wrong sometimes...wasn't one mars satellite messed up because they couldn't get standard vs. metric right?
Yep...That cost them a few billion.:dazzle:

RSoxNo1

That final scene with the video screens needs to have the song back. There's no reason, unless they can come up with a better song.

dxwwf3

I love the score from Living with the Land and it really brings me back to the 94 Nestle/Food Rocks era.

But yes it would be nice if they could do the same thing with Listen to the Land than they did with Canada (You're A Lifetime Journey).

Animaniac93-98

They should, but it isn`t the first time brand new boats didn`t fit...

Which makes it all the more sadder I suppose, but I guess these things just happen. At least Living with the Land boats are less troublesome than Disneyland monorails. Wonder what they will do with "the boats that didn't fit"?

As for the song feel free to bring it back, but don't re-record it so it becomes forgettable and annoying to listen to when played (not that the old song might be annoying to some).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That final scene with the video screens needs to have the song back. There's no reason, unless they can come up with a better song.
Ironically the final scene needs to have video screens! Since 1994 it has just been a series of illuminated still photos, blinking in sequence. Take that, the barren tunnel before it, and make a proper finale.

There again Futureworld isn`t good at the moment with doing finales....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Ironically the final scene needs to have video screens! Since 1994 it has just been a series of illuminated still photos, blinking in sequence. Take that, the barren tunnel before it, and make a proper finale.

Yes, the finale is extremely dull and cheap right now, its as if they ran out of money and decided to just put still photos that flash on and off.

If they do a refurb and don't change that, it would be very disappointing

EPCOT Explorer

I want morgan freeman =o
Sounds like SSE...:lol:

There again Futureworld isn`t good at the moment with doing finales....
Pre 1994 we had the finale with The Symphony of the Seed, right?
Yes, the finale is extremely dull and cheap right now, its as if they ran out of money and decided to just put still photos that flash on and off.

If they do a refurb and don't change that, it would be very disappointing
Meanwhile, if they put that in SSE, and on the Triangles, we would clamor and say the finale is done.:lookaroun

They should change it though, yes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom