Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

jt04

Original Poster
For the record, I took no offense to anything jt04 said about me when he has referenced my posts in this thread.

If anything, jt04 was thanking me for bringing some clarity and additional info to the discussion I had with The Conundrum (who has since disappeared from the thread, after his unique assertion that Jay Rasulo tried to cancel Splash Mountain as a 29 year old real-estate analyst in 1987 was refuted by myself).

Perhaps there was just some confusion over the semantics in the way jt04 referenced me? Other than that, I can't see any evidence that jt04 was "picking a fight". :)

Con comes in here spewing negativity and hatred for WDW, and acting like he knows it all.. Meanwhile, he gets his misinformation from other sources... Like tired, old and bitter people who have a gripe with Disney... Then, when called out, he backs down... YOU GO TP!!!!!

Two great posts that explain everything. Thanks to both. :)

And TP2000, I think a lot of people here were very happy somebody called his bluff. I'm accused of defending everything management does when the truth is I just have a strong sense of fair play. Most of them are just regular people. What you did was great!

The Conundrum

I promise you if LM gets announced for the MK their screen names will be immortilzed in my signature forever.

Thanks Steve!

LM will not get announced any time soon and for the record, I WANT to be proven wrong.

and TP2000 I didn't run away I had things to do and my responses got deleted.

TP2000

and TP2000 I didn't run away I had things to do and my responses got deleted.

Oh, okay. If you could repost your thoughts and just take out the profanity or vulgarity or whatever it was that caused them to be deleted, that would be interesting and appreciated. You apparently have a Jay Rasulo tale I don't believe any of us have ever heard of before.

For those keeping score at home, the topic raised by The Conundrum is that Jay Rasulo allegedly tried to shut down construction of Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones at Disneyland. But Jay Rasulo hired in to Disney at the age of 28 from Marriott Hotels in 1986 as an analyst in the real-estate arm of Disney's Corporate Strategic Planning group. Splash Mountain began construction at Disneyland in the winter of 1987. How on earth does a 28 year old newly hired analyst working in real-estate planning almost derail a major E Ticket expansion plan, a plan that had already been shepherded to greenlight budget status when young Jay hired in by the new celebrity CEO Michael Eisner and high-value Imagineer Tony Baxter?

And then how/why would Jay Rasulo care to pull the same stunt a few years later on Indiana Jones when he was working in Corporate Alliances? :confused:

DonMuppetFan83

Ok you want insider information? Here you go. I was talking with John Lasseter's sisters boyfriends cousin's aunts brother in laws ex wife's new boyfriends dog and he barked twice which meant they were closing all of AK and replacing it with Stitch's Kingdom and every dark ride in the MK was being replaced with character meet and greets of Bolt.

Have a nice day everyone :D

DisneyPrincess5

Ok you want insider information? Here you go. I was talking with John Lasseter's sisters boyfriends cousin's aunts brother in laws ex wife's new boyfriends dog and he barked twice which meant they were closing all of AK and replacing it with Stitch's Kingdom and every dark ride in the MK was being replaced with character meet and greets of Bolt.

Have a nice day everyone :D

:ROFLOL:
I'm coming to you for new info from now on!!!

EPCOT Explorer

Oh, okay. If you could repost your thoughts and just take out the profanity or vulgarity or whatever it was that caused them to be deleted, that would be interesting and appreciated. You apparently have a Jay Rasulo tale I don't believe any of us have ever heard of before.

For those keeping score at home, the topic raised by The Conundrum is that Jay Rasulo allegedly tried to shut down construction of Splash Mountain and Indiana Jones at Disneyland. But Jay Rasulo hired in to Disney at the age of 28 from Marriott Hotels in 1986 as an analyst in the real-estate arm of Disney's Corporate Strategic Planning group. Splash Mountain began construction at Disneyland in the winter of 1987. How on earth does a 28 year old newly hired analyst working in real-estate planning almost derail a major E Ticket expansion plan, a plan that had already been shepherded to greenlight budget status when young Jay hired in by the new celebrity CEO Michael Eisner and high-value Imagineer Tony Baxter?

And then how/why would Jay Rasulo care to pull the same stunt a few years later on Indiana Jones when he was working in Corporate Alliances? :confused:

Well then...This is interesting...:D

Buried20KLeague

For the record, I took no offense to anything jt04 said about me when he has referenced my posts in this thread.

If anything, jt04 was thanking me for bringing some clarity and additional info to the discussion I had with The Conundrum (who has since disappeared from the thread, after his unique assertion that Jay Rasulo tried to cancel Splash Mountain as a 29 year old real-estate analyst in 1987 was refuted by myself).

Perhaps there was just some confusion over the semantics in the way jt04 referenced me? Other than that, I can't see any evidence that jt04 was "picking a fight". :)

Wasn't talking about you... It was fairly apparent he was in your court. :lol: (As was I after your explaination... :lookaroun)

The Conundrum

I believe the Splash Mountain in question is Floridas which opened in 1992 not the original in California. This story isn't my own a former imagineer told me and I have posted what he wrote. Could it be this imagineer was disgrunted or didn't have there facts right? possibly but it definetly fits Jay's M.O.

Here is the exact quote from Mr.Eggz (Imagineer using an alias):

Jay Rasulo thinks that a brand is all that matters (not that he understands how to build one). He'd rather pay a small price tag for a brand like American Idol than a large price tag for a brand like Harry Potter. He has no understanding that one works better in a theme park environment than another...because he has no love for, or interest in, theme parks. In his Strat Planning days he was very open about that.

He lobbied against Indiana Jones Adventure and Splash Mountain when he was a strat planner. He has NEVER been in favor of large investments in the parks (only DVC and Cruise Line). If he can't charge a specific price for something, he doesn't like paying for it. Enhancing existing parks does not really fit with his way of thinking. Everest was approved by Eisner and Staggs while he was still in Paris. The only big ticket park improvement he has ever approved was for DCA, and that was done for political reasons. He saw the new CEO Iger (at the time) wanted it, so he went with the flow.

jt04

Original Poster
I believe the Splash Mountain in question is Floridas which opened in 1992 not the original in California. This story isn't my own a former imagineer told me and I have posted what he wrote. Could it be this imagineer was disgrunted or didn't have there facts right? possibly but it definetly fits Jay's M.O.

Here is the exact quote from Mr.Eggz (Imagineer using an alias):

I could say I am the person who taught Walt to draw but if I'm using an alias it means nothing. Quoting people who claim to be something while maintaining anonymity is very dangerous. That is why I appreciate and take serious what Eddie Sotto brings to these boards. Anything by anonymous posters should be taken with heaping spoons o' salt. Including mine. And especially yours evidently.

GothMickey

I could say I am the person who taught Walt to draw but if I'm using an alias it means nothing. Quoting people who claim to be something while maintaining anonymity is very dangerous. That is why I appreciate and take serious what Eddie Sotto brings to these boards. Anything by anonymous posters should be taken with heaping spoons o' salt. Including mine. And especially yours evidently.

Here is a thought. Ask Eddie Sotto if any of Conumdrum's rants are true. Maybe he can shed some light on the matter at hand. I tend to have to agree with TP though. Someone in Real Estate cannot tell another division how to run their part of the business, trying to not get attractions built. It defies logic. If that is how Disney Company is run, then they have a lot more problems than we thought.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Even if it is true, it may not be that big of deal. Many of us work and have jobs (this poster may even be at his now) and there are always people who look at/emphasize the bottom line and people who look at making things/the product better. Not a big deal. You need both. Jay may happen to be the first type. What you can't have is a major imbalance between the two types. Whether or not that is an issue at Disney can be carried without mentioning specific management types which for most of us is meaningless.

The Conundrum

So by your logic spirit, lee, corrus, and martin are all full of BS since they use aliass?

jt04

Original Poster
So by your logic spirit, lee, corrus, and martin are all full of BS since they use aliass?

People here know who they are. They are anonymous to some here but not all. Well, except Spirit. He is very protective of his identity which I respect but it also keeps me from taking him too seriously.

EPCOT Explorer

That's the beauty of the internet. You have the anonymity to speak your mind, tell the truth, and not be tracked. If you want to tell the truth, you develop an reputation. Salt is still needed, but you can make up your own mind, right, jt?;):lol:

I was just talking about this with a few friends...:lol:

SirGoofy

Are they still going at it. :rolleyes:

This is honestly ridiculous. How bout we talk about LM? Or maybe even one of the many thread drifts about DISNEY that have come up in this thread. enough of the jt/Conundrum slap fight.

magicmaya

Are they still going at it. :rolleyes:

This is honestly ridiculous. How bout we talk about LM? Or maybe even one of the many thread drifts about DISNEY that have come up in this thread. enough of the jt/Conundrum slap fight.

:lol:
It's more annoying than the wavin' :lookaroun

jt04

Original Poster
That's the beauty of the internet. You have the anonymity to speak your mind, tell the truth, and not be tracked. If you want to tell the truth, you develop an reputation. Salt is still needed, but you can make up your own mind, right, jt?;):lol:

I was just talking about this with a few friends...:lol:

Umm, the government is seriously thinking about getting rid of the "anonymity" of the internet.

My only complaint is people that call out or degrade non-public figures while remaining anonymous. That is just so extremely cowardly in my book. Steve seems to have put a stop to it on this forum to his credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom