Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

Lee

Adventurer
:eek::lol: Martin!:lookaroun..You made up the wand? SSE? You must tell me how you make this up. :lol:

It was all an illusion!
legend_henning.jpg

yensidtlaw1969

:lol:

Well there was the bat effect, which would have made it feel like bats were flying by your face when the lights went out, and then there was the rapid "unstretch" where the room would have been completely back to normal when the lights came back up.

The unstretch would have been something really special IMO.

I hadn't heard that they were considering an unstretch, but I've always thought that would be so cool to do! I mean, really, 'Is this Haunted Room Actually Stretching . . . ?' "Well, honestly, I don't know anymore"! Would completely mess you up for the rest of the attraction, meaning that you would know more than ever that you don't know what to expect from the house. Totally bone chilling.

SirGoofy

The following was told to me by my trainer so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently they tested the unstretch, and thought it would be to frightening for people with claustrophobia. I personally don't believe the story, but that's what someone told me.

TP2000

The following was told to me by my trainer so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently they tested the unstretch, and thought it would be to frightening for people with claustrophobia. I personally don't believe the story, but that's what someone told me.

Or maybe someone in TDO did a cost analysis on how much WD40 they'd have to buy each year to keep the thing unnoticeably squeak-free as it quickly contracted back into place and they backed out? :cool:

I've always thought it would be funny to get a sponsor for the Disneyland version of the ride: Haunted Mansion, Presented by Otis Elevator.

Perhaps the Orlando version could be: The Haunted Mansion, Presented by WD40 ?

(Anyone else ever notice that the Anaheim version doesn't include the word "The" in the title? I wonder why the difference in nomenclature between Orlando and Anaheim?)

SirGoofy

(Anyone else ever notice that the Anaheim version doesn't include the word "The" in the title? I wonder why the difference in nomenclature between Orlando and Anaheim?)

Because "The" always goes before the better one?:D

This is probably the only instance where this can be said about WDW.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm slightly claustrophobic... And the Stretch Room NEVER bothered me.:shrug:

TP2000

Because "The" always goes before the better one?:D

This is probably the only instance where this can be said about WDW.

No, Splash Mountain fits into that category too. I never knew Splash Mountain had a plotline until I rode the WDW version. :lol:

RSoxNo1

Without going into reasons, I think the following attractions are better at WDW: Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror

Disneyson 1

^They were forced to use their old "America Sings" AAs and ours is longer (i.e. the outside part is longer here and I think we may have more drops).

Disneyson 1

^ Yeah, I love stuff like that. Still they've got us on almost EVERY OTHER RIDE, including (but not limited to) Small World, PotC, SM, their Buzz ride, Tiki, PLUS rides that have no comparison in FL, like Indy and Roger Rabbit.

macsmom

I don't keep up with things the way lots of you guys do. This thread has been amazing. So, can someone tell me what kind of ride TLM would be besides a dark ride? I mean, any plans been seen or anything? Thanks.

danna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom