Little Mermaid at the Studios Rumor

Always_Disney

Original Poster
I heard from an Entertainment cast member this past weekend that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show at The Studios will be replaced with a Disney Junior Meet and Greet area. Has anyone else heard this, any truth to this?? Has it been announced and I just missed it?

JohnnyDollaz89

I heard from an Entertainment cast member this past weekend that the Voyage of the Little Mermaid Show at The Studios will be replaced with a Disney Junior Meet and Greet area. Has anyone else heard this, any truth to this?? Has it been announced and I just missed it?

i really hope not cuz im going in July and this is my girlfriends first time to Disney in over 10 years and she is OBSESSED with Ariel and the Little Mermaid and i always joke around with her saying it is closed the week we go, but i hope this isnt true she will kill me :(

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No announcement, but it has been muttered the show is a target for closing, with the MK ride opening it can only add fuel to the fire.

RSoxNo1

Can we actually get a ride there? The entire Animation Courtyard really needs to be reconfigured so that it can provide better access to the expansion pads.

However, closing the show in favor of a Meet and Greet will not help that park.

thewhitequeen

It would not surprise me if they closed the show at some point, especially after the ride opens at MK in Fantasyland. Not so sure about a meet and greet though. They should put another show in there because there aren't enough attractions in the park as it is.

lebeau

However, closing the show in favor of a Meet and Greet will not help that park.

Even as someone who frequently defends meet and greets, I have to agree with that.

DHS needs rides first and foremost. They need more show and meet and greets like I need another slice of cake.

Always_Disney

Original Poster
I agree with the meet and greet being a bad idea.

I was hoping that if they close the show, that building is close enough to Pixar that a nice size ride could fit in there. I'm just saying :)

NoChesterHester

I've heard that the show was never intended to be permanent (don't know if that is true), but I think it holds up just fine.

I agree with everyone so far... the Studios doesn't need another meet and greet location in lieu of an existing attraction. The Studios needs another ride. I am all for this area closing if it going to be reconfigured as an expansion, but to close it because an attraction based off the same property is in another park is lunacy. Might as well close Finding Nemo the Musical if that logic is applied globally.

RAXIP

Sounds strange, because the Disney Junior characters have a M&G area. And VotLM seems like a lot of space for just a M&G.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That's like saying the Seas with Nemo and Friends was supposed to be re-themed because Finding Nemo: The Musical opened in Animal Kingdom! I hope they dont, that's my favorite show at all of the parks! It's very good... although if they were to take it down, I was thinking a simulator ride starring Phineas and Ferb (similar to Jimmy Neutron at Universal or Spongebob 4D at Carowinds, or similar to the Simsons ride, not like Star Tours and Body Wars)... of course I guess they have Sounds Dangerous for that...

It would make more sense for Disney to close Sounds Dangerous instead of a mildly-popular attraction... :rolleyes:

PKD

No announcement, but it has been muttered the show is a target for closing, with the MK ride opening it can only add fuel to the fire.

I do not know about the far future, but right now there are no official plans to retire the show.

They have been upgrading components to the show over the last few months, nothing major, but a lot of back end stuff has been happening.

Neverland

Sounds strange, because the Disney Junior characters have a M&G area. And VotLM seems like a lot of space for just a M&G.

Exactly. The entire right side of the Animation Courtyard is dedicated to Disney Junior already, isn't it? Plus, Disney Junior characters also do breakfasts and lunches at Hollywood and Vine. DHS has enough Disney Junior.

VotLM is dated beyond belief, but I'd still hate to see it go. As a huge Ariel fan, I'd love to see the show completely redone. If they put the songs in the correct order, updated the tech, lost the clipshow, and had Eric speak live, I'd be one happy gal.

Besides, Nemo has an entire pavilion and a giant Broadway-scale musical dedicated to it. Monsters Inc will soon have a show in MK and a big coaster in DHS. I don't see TLM losing its teeny show because a Mermaid ride is opening.

menamechris

Monsters Inc will soon have a show in MK and a big coaster in DHS.

The Monsters rollercoaster rumor has been swirling around so long it's almost mythical at this point.. If it did happen to get announced - say this year - how long before it would actually be up and running? 2 years? 3 years? I have to admit, I'm not holding my breath on anything anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom