Little Mermaid at the Studios Rumor

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do not know about the far future, but right now there are no official plans to retire the show.

They have been upgrading components to the show over the last few months, nothing major, but a lot of back end stuff has been happening.
Good news :wave:

peter11435

I do not know about the far future, but right now there are no official plans to retire the show.

They have been upgrading components to the show over the last few months, nothing major, but a lot of back end stuff has been happening.
Any chance of digital projectors?

RSoxNo1

That's like saying the Seas with Nemo and Friends was supposed to be re-themed because Finding Nemo: The Musical opened in Animal Kingdom! I hope they dont, that's my favorite show at all of the parks! It's very good... although if they were to take it down, I was thinking a simulator ride starring Phineas and Ferb (similar to Jimmy Neutron at Universal or Spongebob 4D at Carowinds, or similar to the Simsons ride, not like Star Tours and Body Wars)... of course I guess they have Sounds Dangerous for that...

It would make more sense for Disney to close Sounds Dangerous instead of a mildly-popular attraction... :rolleyes:

Actually, the Sounds Dangerous Building should be the home for meet and greets. This should have been done a while ago.

Lucky

If they close VotLM, it's not necessarily because they think the LM ride in FLE will make it redundant.

They closed Pocahantas & Her Forest Friends at AK a couple of years ago not because of another Pocahantas attraction, or even because they had other plans for the space. It seems to have been purely a cost-cutting move.

Scuttle

Seriously? More meet-n-greets? :brick:

Ya this is getting way out of hand. RIDES are what people want. Does anyone think test track is way to similar to radiator springs racers that it will have zero chance to show up at the studios in an expansion of pixar place? The land is there if they remove the Backlot Tour and personally I think I would rather have that then the Monsters Inc. coaster.

Vernonpush

If they close VotLM, it's not necessarily because they think the LM ride in FLE will make it redundant.

They closed Pocahantas & Her Forest Friends at AK a couple of years ago not because of another Pocahantas attraction, or even because they had other plans for the space. It seems to have been purely a cost-cutting move.

Actors cost money! I'm not sure, but I think that Ariel is Equity(=$$).

aladdin2007

I would not be at all surprised if VofTM closed once the ride opened in fantasyland. The studios could use something new here, but another meetngreet in that great piece of space instead of an actual show/attraction? Not good. :brick: starting to feel like im going to preschool land if they keep this up.

Neverland

Actors cost money! I'm not sure, but I think that Ariel is Equity(=$$).

She's not. They held open auditions for Ariel vocalists a few months ago, and I also know a non-equity girl who played her right out of high school. And I know Eric doesn't speak for himself, but he's portrayed by just a regular m&g/parade Eric. As for the dancers/puppeteers, I assume they're non-equity and are cast just like the parade dancers, etc. are.

But non-equity actors do still cost money!

Vernonpush

She's not. They held open auditions for Ariel vocalists a few months ago, and I also know a non-equity girl who played her right out of high school. And I know Eric doesn't speak for himself, but he's portrayed by just a regular m&g/parade Eric.

But non-equity actors do still cost money!

I wasn't sure about the Equity Actors, a friend of mine was the AEA Rep. at WDW a few years ago. I never really had a chance to ask which CMs were Equity (we always talked about other things, lol).

thewhitequeen

Personally, I like the show, but I really wouldn't be surprised if they closed it. It's quite old - something new wouldn't be a bad thing.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I think Lee reported way back then that there were, at the time, plans to start moving dirt in Camp Minnie-Mickey quick soon after the show closed. Obviously, those plans fell through.

hoke2007

Yes, this is exactly what DHS needs: less attractions/shows & more meet and greets. Maybe they could close down The Indiana Jones Stunt Show and replace it with a meet and greet of Indiana Jones. Because DHS has so many other things to do...

thewhitequeen

Yes, this is exactly what DHS needs: less attractions/shows & more meet and greets. Maybe they could close down The Indiana Jones Stunt Show and replace it with a meet and greet of Indiana Jones. Because DHS has so many other things to do...

How about the Indy ride? :lookaroun

Tinkrbell

I wasn't sure about the Equity Actors, a friend of mine was the AEA Rep. at WDW a few years ago. I never really had a chance to ask which CMs were Equity (we always talked about other things, lol).

I know at Studios, Ariel in the little mermaid show is equity, as are the citizens of hollywood, the judges for american idol, the singers in disney channel rocks (the ones that are on the float when it moves), the people in Inidana Jones, the dancers in beauty and the beast (not the lumiere, cogsworth, mrs potts, or chip), the stunt guys in fantasmic (the indians that fall off the mountain) & john smith. The green army men that talk & you can see their faces (like used to be in block party) are equity too. Also, the person in the playhouse disney show is.

I think the world showcase performers at epcot are equity, the voices of the characters in turtle talk & monsters inc are equity. Also the people in hoop dee doo & the show at poly are. Some nemo & lion king performers at dak are as well.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I know for sure.

Silver Figment

I believe that meet and greets should be taken down a notch, and HS is the park that needs them the least. I actually like the show but with the new ride i could see it closing in the future.

Neverland

I know at Studios, Ariel in the little mermaid show is equity, as are the citizens of hollywood, the judges for american idol, the singers in disney channel rocks (the ones that are on the float when it moves), the people in Inidana Jones, the dancers in beauty and the beast (not the lumiere, cogsworth, mrs potts, or chip), the stunt guys in fantasmic (the indians that fall off the mountain) & john smith. The green army men that talk & you can see their faces (like used to be in block party) are equity too. Also, the person in the playhouse disney show is. .

I know people who do those things and they're not equity... :lookaroun I just can't believe that Ariel is fully equity, because I have seen some pretty bad ones that were slightly painful to listen to.

maryszhi

from what ive heard this is false. they are ending the lotso meet and greet and the area themed around toys story 3 into a disney junior meet and greet, as well as their adding a pnesius and ferb meet and greet

RAXIP

from what ive heard this is false. they are ending the lotso meet and greet and the area themed around toys story 3 into a disney junior meet and greet, as well as their adding a pnesius and ferb meet and greet

Lotso's M&G area will become "Winne the Pooh" and Phineas and Ferb will be near the exit of Muppets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom