Lindsay Lohan - Out ?

urbanvegan

Respond to what? A former employee is in a relationship?

It's really none of Disney's business.

BTW, cheers to Lindsay getting her life together - she seems very happy.

DivineMadness7

Don't see why it is relevant :shrug:

If Johnny Depp and his girlfriend/partner (I don't believe they are married) split, should Disney release a statement? No. I don't see how this is any different. Celebrities have enough invasion into their privacy and I would expect Disney to keep their nose out of the personal life of their talent.

Fun2BFree

Wilt Dasney

I doubt Disney will respond at all, but they've been one of the most gay-friendly companies around in recent years. They were ahead of the curve in offering benefits to domestic partners back in the days when you hardly even saw gay characters on TV. They plastered Elton John's voice all over a movie that was marketed to a general audience. I doubt they see any need to make a statement here.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I agree with others. How would/should/could Disney respond? Just as Disney didn't respond to Britney's troubles (former MMC member, of course) or Michael Jackson's mess (Captain EO himself), there is no need or reason for Disney to respond.

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I admit, I might have posted this in the wrong thread group. Moderators please move this to a better sub-division.

I was just wondering if disney was going to be supportive (as they should be) of one of their prote'ge's, or were they going to distance themselves from her.

sbkline

If Disney applauded this, they would get backlash from ultra-conservative Christians, and if they lauded it, who knows what a PR mess that could be. Not commenting is the best way forward, and even then -- Lindsay Lohan and Disney aren't synonymous with one other, so why would Disney comment?

Why do people feel the need to label those of us who have a biblical conviction against homosexuality as "ultra" conservative? Am I conservative on this particular issue? Yes I am. Do I consider myself "ultra" conservative? No. I guess that's the problems with labels like this. We all consider people farther to the right (or left) of us as "ultra" and consider ourselves to be "regular". :lol:

To me, an ultra conservative is one who preaches fire and brimstone upon those who go to movies, play cards, watch TV, etc. People, such as myself, who believe homosexuality to be sin, are just "regular" conservative, not "ultra" anything. LOL

But this thread will no doubt be locked, as threads like this inevitably turn into a big argument. Some of us think it's a sin, many of us don't. I don't go around starting threads to advertise my opinion on homosexuality, but when someone else feels the need to start a thread advertising their's then yes, I'm going to weigh in with my own opinion on the subject. And that's how argument's get started. And no matter how respectfully I, or someone else, may express our opinion on the subject, there are always going to be those who can't reciprocate that respect...or those who make it into an insult right off the bat by referring to those of a differing opinion as "ultra conservative".

wvdisneyfamily

I read the title of this thread and thought it was something of actual relationship to the parks or Lohan's future plans for Disney movies/show. :shrug:

Wilt Dasney

I think the only opinions this thread was intended to bring out was what Disney should say on the topic (if anything). Not seeing the social agenda here. :shrug:

sbkline

I think the only opinions this thread was intended to bring out was what Disney should say on the topic (if anything). Not seeing the social agenda here. :shrug:

Aren't they practically one in the same? I mean, if you think that Disney should jump up and down and congratulate her, thereby dignifying the relationship, then it stands to reason that you would also support the social agenda of gay marraige and such. If you think that Disney should express disapproval and distance themselves from her, then more likely than not, you're gonna support the social agenda of keeping marraige between a man and a woman...although I suppose that there may be some who view it as an abomination from a moral/religious viewpoint, yet support it from a secular legal standpoint.

Wilt Dasney

Aren't they practically one in the same? I mean, if you think that Disney should jump up and down and congratulate her, thereby dignifying the relationship, then it stands to reason that you would also support the social agenda of gay marraige and such. If you think that Disney should express disapproval and distance themselves from her, then more likely than not, you're gonna support the social agenda of keeping marraige between a man and a woman...although I suppose that there may be some who view it as an abomination from a moral/religious viewpoint, yet support it from a secular legal standpoint.

I think a lot of people in here have said that Disney should keep quiet from a business perspective, since the personal lives of ex-employees don't make any difference to their corporate concerns. Not every angle has to come down to your (or my) opinions on morality.

yankspy

Is it not possible to support a person while still maybe disagreeing with their lifestyle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom