Lindsay Lohan - Out ?

SeanC

I agree with others. How would/should/could Disney respond? Just as Disney didn't respond to Britney's troubles (former MMC member, of course) or Michael Jackson's mess (Captain EO himself), there is no need or reason for Disney to respond.

You probably didn't mean to be...but comparing orientation to pyschological illness or alleged crimes against minors, is somewhat insulting, imo.

yankspy

Aren't they practically one in the same? I mean, if you think that Disney should jump up and down and congratulate her, thereby dignifying the relationship, then it stands to reason that you would also support the social agenda of gay marraige and such. If you think that Disney should express disapproval and distance themselves from her, then more likely than not, you're gonna support the social agenda of keeping marraige between a man and a woman...although I suppose that there may be some who view it as an abomination from a moral/religious viewpoint, yet support it from a secular legal standpoint.

Is it not possible to support a person while still maybe disagreeing with their lifestyle?
Are you ignoring me for some reason.:wave::shrug:

sbkline

Are you ignoring me for some reason.:wave::shrug:

Oops, sorry. I thought of a response earlier, but then must have gotten busy with something.

In my mind, it's hard to imagine supporting that without implying approval. Perhaps it's possible, but IMO, to stand behind her and congratulate her is tantamount to saying "I think it's okay to be gay".

Like I said, it's none of my business, ultimately. What Lindsay does or who she dates is really of no relevance to me. So she's finally confirmed that she's gay. So be it. None of my business. On the other hand, don't expect me to be happy for her or give her congratulations either. What she does is none of my business, yet I don't have to approve of it, or pat her on the back, either. Not that she needs the approval of some dude on a messageboard whom she has never met, but that's beside the point. :lol:

MAF

I doubt my girl Lindsay is gay, she's all about creating controversy which I think she is doing right now. I miss Mean Girls...:(

yankspy

Oops, sorry. I thought of a response earlier, but then must have gotten busy with something.

In my mind, it's hard to imagine supporting that without implying approval. Perhaps it's possible, but IMO, to stand behind her and congratulate her is tantamount to saying "I think it's okay to be gay".

Like I said, it's none of my business, ultimately. What Lindsay does or who she dates is really of no relevance to me. So she's finally confirmed that she's gay. So be it. None of my business. On the other hand, don't expect me to be happy for her or give her congratulations either. What she does is none of my business, yet I don't have to approve of it, or pat her on the back, either. Not that she needs the approval of some dude on a messageboard whom she has never met, but that's beside the point. :lol:
I was not necessarily thinking that they should hold a press conference because I think that would make it look like they were trying too hard. I was thinking more along the lines of just not distancing themselves from her.

As far as different opinions go I always find them a fascinating part of human nature since it is something that I deal with every day. There is one major issue that my wife and I are at opposite ends on and it comes up often. Your earlier response did remind me of a quote that is often attributed to Jefferson, "I may hate what you say but I am willing to die for you to have the right to say it".

slappy magoo

LEAVE LINDSAY AH-LOW-HOW-HOW-HOWNNNN :cry::cry::cry:
IF YOU DON'T LEAVE LINDSAY LOHAN ALONE, YOU'RE GONNA HAFTA ANSWER TO ME!!! :cry::cry::cry:

SHE'S A HUMAN BEING!!! :CRY:

haveyoumetmark

Look at this week's isssue of People magazine...

6008.jpg

I'm thinking he's ultra-christain.

:lookaroun

In all seriousness, congratulations to Lindsey Lohan. If anything I'll only admire her more...

How dare you!? Demi Lavoto is nobody!!!!11111
and watch it! Demi Lovato is fierceness in its highest form. Her record came out this week! Not that I listen to it during my commutes or anything... :lookaroun

Fun2BFree

Why do people feel the need to label those of us who have a biblical conviction against homosexuality as "ultra" conservative? Am I conservative on this particular issue? Yes I am. Do I consider myself "ultra" conservative? No. I guess that's the problems with labels like this. We all consider people farther to the right (or left) of us as "ultra" and consider ourselves to be "regular". :lol:

To me, an ultra conservative is one who preaches fire and brimstone upon those who go to movies, play cards, watch TV, etc. People, such as myself, who believe homosexuality to be sin, are just "regular" conservative, not "ultra" anything. LOL

But this thread will no doubt be locked, as threads like this inevitably turn into a big argument. Some of us think it's a sin, many of us don't. I don't go around starting threads to advertise my opinion on homosexuality, but when someone else feels the need to start a thread advertising their's then yes, I'm going to weigh in with my own opinion on the subject. And that's how argument's get started. And no matter how respectfully I, or someone else, may express our opinion on the subject, there are always going to be those who can't reciprocate that respect...or those who make it into an insult right off the bat by referring to those of a differing opinion as "ultra conservative".

Ho-ho, you took "ultra-conservative Christians" the wrong way. I was talking about Christians that were ultra-conservative, rather than saying all Christians are such. Most Christians might disapprove, but a minority will react vocally and angrily.

Misunderstandings... Misunderstandings...

haveyoumetmark

By "record", I assume you mean CD? And by "her", I assume you mean computer enhanced?
Actually, by "record," I mean a storage medium that contains data, more specifically audio data.... and by "her," I mean "of Demi Lovato." Sure enough everything is computer enhanced in Hollywood nowadays, why have the technology if you won't use it... It's not like she relied on a computer to make her sound good, the girl has a voice. A great voice, to be frank. It all sounded very natural, not electronic at all. She has a strong vocal, and it manifested itself well throughout. She has solid talent.

Let's remember what they say about assuming: when you "assume," you make an "______" out of "u" and "me." :wave:

Actually, by "record," I mean a storage medium that contains data, more specifically audio data.... and by "her," I mean "of Demi Lovato." Sure enough everything is computer enhanced in Hollywood nowadays, why have the technology if you won't use it... It's not like she relied on a computer to make her sound good, the girl has a voice. A great voice, to be frank. It all sounded very natural, not electronic at all. She has a strong vocal, and it manifested itself well throughout. She has solid talent.

Let's remember what they say about assuming: when you "assume," you make an "______" out of "u" and "me." :wave:
I got told. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom